Blue Bombers re-sign Adam Bighill through 2024

Started by blue_gold_84, November 29, 2022, 01:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/29/blue-bombers-extend-lb-adam-bighill-through-2024/

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Tuesday that the team has signed all-star linebacker Adam Bighill to a two-year contract extension, keeping him a member of the Bombers through 2024.

Bighill, who was set to become a free agent in 2023, returns to Winnipeg for a fifth season and his 11th in the Canadian Football League. The linebacker led the Blue Bombers in total defensive plays in 2022, registering 72 tackles along with two sacks, one interception and one tackle for a loss. Bighill's 72 tackles this year moved him into seventh place on the CFL's all-time list with 817.

He was named a West Division All-Star for the eighth time in his career and a CFL Players? Association All-Star for a fifth time. Bighill is also a three-time winner of the CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player award, earning the honour in 2015, 2018 and 2021.

Bighill has played in 164 games in his CFL career, including 65 over the last four seasons in Winnipeg. The veteran Bomber is a three-time Grey Cup champion, winning twice in 2019 and in 2021 with Winnipeg and once in 2011 as a member of the BC Lions.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

pjrocksmb

Biggie biggie biggie can't you see, when you arrived we immediately had #1d

GOLDMEMBER

I think he played much of last year hurt. I look for improved more consistent performances from him this upcoming year.

No way MOS is leaving now, now that his boi Adam is back.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

An excellent signing. Keep them coming Mr. Walters.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Sec227

Hardick should be next. He doesn't want to leave as well

theaardvark

Have there been any other teams announcing signings?

Have to wonder just how much SMS was left over this year to make these kinds of signings early...

2 year deal, meaning there must be some guaranteed money in 2024... we all know the AB4 is one of the greatest bargains in the league at whatever he signs for, but that, due to his offseason and future work in Winnipeg, we get him at an amazing price, allowing Mr. Walters to have even more flexibility...

I don't think there is any doubt that no matter how long Mr. Bighill plays for in his career, the Blue and Gold will be the only uniform he wears going foward, including for his induction in the HOF.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on November 29, 2022, 03:13:52 PM
Have there been any other teams announcing signings?

Have to wonder just how much SMS was left over this year to make these kinds of signings early...

2 year deal, meaning there must be some guaranteed money in 2024... we all know the AB4 is one of the greatest bargains in the league at whatever he signs for, but that, due to his offseason and future work in Winnipeg, we get him at an amazing price, allowing Mr. Walters to have even more flexibility...

I don't think there is any doubt that no matter how long Mr. Bighill plays for in his career, the Blue and Gold will be the only uniform he wears going foward, including for his induction in the HOF.

Some teams have been announcing players re-signing.

Whether those include some SMS money left from 2022 is not as clear. There could be bonus money payable early in 2023 or there may be some money left from 2022.

Just glad to get players re-signed however it's achieved.

We're getting some of the heavy lifting done early which is a very good sign.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

When he signed it was the piece we needed to take the next step towards being a perennial contender.....and we are for at least two more seasons.   Our core is coming together as we keep adding key players.   
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Mr. Bighill just tweeted out "Unfinished Business"...

Sorry people...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I would like to see ND10 sign a three-year deal with the Bombers.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

This answers a big question as to whether BIghill might retire. Hopefully we can resign Wilson to really solidify lb position It also gives us the best  defensive leadership in the league when you add in Jefferson and Alexander,

BBRT

Quote from: Sec227 on November 29, 2022, 03:10:34 PM
Hardick should be next. He doesn't want to leave as well

Yeah -got to think this one through. He got owned in the Grey Cup and watching all the games I think his play fell off somewhat - but that is just my opinion. It will be good to have him back but I think he needs to really spend the off season getting in better game shape etc.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on November 29, 2022, 04:42:39 PM
I would like to ND10 sign a three-year deal with the Bombers.
I would like him to be a Bomber for life and give him a blank cheque

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on November 29, 2022, 04:24:16 PM
Mr. Bighill just tweeted out "Unfinished Business"...

Sorry people...

It's okay if he does it. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.