I think I'm ok

Started by blue_or_die, November 21, 2022, 02:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 23, 2022, 06:00:28 AM
Actually, would not be surprised to see Bombers facing TO in the first regular season game next year. Often happens that way.

It'd make sense. Probably at BMO with a few thousand in attendance a whole lot of empty seats, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 23, 2022, 03:20:38 PM
It'd make sense. Probably at BMO with a few thousand in attendance a whole lot of empty seats, though.

Argo celebration, seems to be live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW5mZ_iXaeI&ab_channel=TorontoArgonauts

3rdand1.5

It is terribly disappointing, but it's done, can't go back. Now the shift focuses to questions moving forward, who will replace Shoen, is Ellingson worth it, are a few of the guys longer in the tooth still able to perform at championship level, what do we do about our kicking game, do we roll with Leggs, do we bring in real competition against him, who can we re-sign and who will we lose, how many guys will make the NFL jump, can Jeffcoat really be counted on for a whole season, will Sayles continue to grow and flourish next year, will JT retire, if so is Lawson good enough to replace him etc. etc.

At the end of the day any day you wake up is a good day, time to look forward and not backwards, let's build the 2023 Bombers roster even deeper and more talented than the 2022 version.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 24, 2022, 04:46:42 PM
Argo celebration, seems to be live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW5mZ_iXaeI&ab_channel=TorontoArgonauts

Good on fans for showing up to celebrate a championship...? That has absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing attendance issues at BMO Field in the league's most populous market, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

J5V

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on November 24, 2022, 05:07:54 PM
It is terribly disappointing, but it's done, can't go back. Now the shift focuses to questions moving forward, who will replace Shoen, is Ellingson worth it, are a few of the guys longer in the tooth still able to perform at championship level, what do we do about our kicking game, do we roll with Leggs, do we bring in real competition against him, who can we re-sign and who will we lose, how many guys will make the NFL jump, can Jeffcoat really be counted on for a whole season, will Sayles continue to grow and flourish next year, will JT retire, if so is Lawson good enough to replace him etc. etc.

At the end of the day any day you wake up is a good day, time to look forward and not backwards, let's build the 2023 Bombers roster even deeper and more talented than the 2022 version.

This will always be remembered by me as the season of unfulfilled promise. A 15-3 team capable of great things that ultimately fell short.

I dared to believe that the Miami Dolphins' undefeated season was going to be equalled by this Bomber team. After two seasons as Grey Cup champs and at 9-0 in the third I was riding high thinking that this team was unstoppable. That ended, twice, once in regulation and once in overtime, of the same game against Montreal. With an undefeated season on the line Liegghio missed two very makeable FGs to end that dream. Ripped my heart out.

Then of course, the third post-season missed extra point to deny us a chance in overtime for a 3-peat, Liegghio ripped my heart out again. I wonder if Scott Norwood called Liegghio after the game to let him know that there is life after football. In any event, Liegghio will always be the Bombers' Norwood to me.

Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 26, 2022, 12:07:46 AM
This will always be remembered by me as the season of unfulfilled promise. A 15-3 team capable of great things that ultimately fell short.

I dared to believe that the Miami Dolphins' undefeated season was going to be equalled by this Bomber team. After two seasons as Grey Cup champs and at 9-0 in the third I was riding high thinking that this team was unstoppable. That ended, twice, once in regulation and once in overtime, of the same game against Montreal. With an undefeated season on the line Liegghio missed two very makeable FGs to end that dream. Ripped my heart out.

Then of course, the third post-season missed extra point to deny us a chance in overtime for a 3-peat, Liegghio ripped my heart out again. I wonder if Scott Norwood called Liegghio after the game to let him know that there is life after football. In any event, Liegghio will always be the Bombers' Norwood to me.

Or Westwood  ;)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: John T. on November 23, 2022, 03:16:09 PM
I don't know if this'll help, but the Bud Grant/Kenny Ploen Bombers never won three in a row, and they're still considered something of a dynasty, and possibly the greatest Bomber teams of all time. That works for me.

I think that if the Bombers can come back next year and win, the 2022 glitch in the Matrix won't mean that much in the long run.

Getting to the Grey Cup is never an easy thing. An injury to a key player can end a season's hope. If Rourke didn't get injured in Vancouver, they could have been in the Grey Cup. If Collaros didn't get nicked in the WDF he may have performed closer to 100%.

At this point in time, we only have expectations of retaining most of our roster. Reality is we won't know until shortly after free agency where we have holes to fill. The next rookie sensation is always on the horizon. Schoen was that player in 2022

Bud Grant didn't win 3 Grey Cups in a row but was in the top 2 teams from 1957 - 1965. Won a bunch and lost a couple. So it's not quite the same comparison. I think it's more difficult to maintain a constant roster like in the old days of small rosters and salary levels. Turnover is high every year across the CFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Zach Schnitzer

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 26, 2022, 01:29:23 PM
Getting to the Grey Cup is never an easy thing. An injury to a key player can end a season's hope. If Rourke didn't get injured in Vancouver, they could have been in the Grey Cup. If Collaros didn't get nicked in the WDF he may have performed closer to 100%.

At this point in time, we only have expectations of retaining most of our roster. Reality is we won't know until shortly after free agency where we have holes to fill. The next rookie sensation is always on the horizon. Schoen was that player in 2022

Bud Grant didn't win 3 Grey Cups in a row but was in the top 2 teams from 1957 - 1965. Won a bunch and lost a couple. So it's not quite the same comparison. I think it's more difficult to maintain a constant roster like in the old days of small rosters and salary levels. Turnover is high every year across the CFL.

Completely agree. That is why this collapse was so devastating. I truly hope we come back next year but there are many reasons why it might not happen. Guys getting older, retirements, others chasing money. We?ll see. Harder these days for sure.
#fortheW

pjrocksmb

We are good because our club is full of greatness top to bottom