Rourke vs Collaros

Started by ModAdmin, November 04, 2022, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

From Stats Junkie.  Some interesting statistics on two well-known QBs in the CFL...

https://twitter.com/Stats_Junkie/status/1588206175761620992

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Only stat that matters is experience in my eyes

Zach seen it all, been there done that.  This kid is sick but he can be rattled.

Pigskin

Rourke really showed his talent this year. I am sure once the season ends, he will be picked up by an NFL team.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

I just rewatched highlites of that final game against us that Rourke came back in. I was focused on watching the movement of the QBs and it wasn't good for Rourke. He either took the snap in shotgun and threw immediately or he dropped straight back a step or two and threw immediately. He did not roll-out and move the pocket, to either side, at all, nor did he scramble effectively. His mobility was almost non-existent. Collaros and Prukop were both extremely mobile in moving the pocket and scrambling when necessary and throwing on the run. I don't believe one week is going to change much for Rourke although getting Burnham back will give him another target. BC's offence is going to continue to consist of quick-hitters and running plays.

I look for Calgary to test BC's O-line early and often. Suk Chung and co. will need to keep Rourke clean if they are to have any success against the Calgary D and if Calgary gets up early on BC I don't see BC coming back. If things start to get out of hand for BC I can see Rourke sitting and Adams being asked to lead a comeback. At least Adams isn't a sitting duck back there.

BC scored 9 points against us with a combination of Adams and Rourke. They're going to have to come up with a much better/more diversified game plan if they hope to beat Calgary.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 04, 2022, 09:18:37 PM
I just rewatched highlites of that final game against us that Rourke came back in. I was focused on watching the movement of the QBs and it wasn't good for Rourke. He either took the snap in shotgun and threw immediately or he dropped straight back a step or two and threw immediately. He did not roll-out and move the pocket, to either side, at all, nor did he scramble effectively. His mobility was almost non-existent. Collaros and Prukop were both extremely mobile in moving the pocket and scrambling when necessary and throwing on the run. I don't believe one week is going to change much for Rourke although getting Burnham back will give him another target. BC's offence is going to continue to consist of quick-hitters and running plays.

I look for Calgary to test BC's O-line early and often. Suk Chung and co. will need to keep Rourke clean if they are to have any success against the Calgary D and if Calgary gets up early on BC I don't see BC coming back. If things start to get out of hand for BC I can see Rourke sitting and Adams being asked to lead a comeback. At least Adams isn't a sitting duck back there.

BC scored 9 points against us with a combination of Adams and Rourke. They're going to have to come up with a much better/more diversified game plan if they hope to beat Calgary.

Thanks for that offer observation JV. Well done!

BC is gonna need lots to go there way to win.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

The game against us was nothing more than a pre season game to give Rourke some snaps and test his leg and not give anything away in terms of offensive plays for the playoff game. I am sure he and the Lions will go all out and the WSF is going to be a wicked game.

CrazyCanuck89

Well against Calagary his movements looked better.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on November 07, 2022, 12:56:39 AM

He was limping quite a lot when he thought the cam was off him, especially in 2nd half.  Those scrambles and tackles and sacks weren't that good for him.

But he did great with reads and passes.  He needs to stay in the pocket.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on November 07, 2022, 12:56:39 AM
Did he? He was labouring out there. Plus Butler got dinged up as well. He looked the same if not worse with the limping to me. He still is not very mobile.

dd

No he didn?t look good at the end of the game and he s clearly playing hurt. We should beat these guys for sure, but here?s a sobering thought?Dane Evans and the hopeless Ticats beat us this year!!! And I?d take a limping Rourke over Evans any day!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on November 07, 2022, 01:08:51 AM
No he didn?t look good at the end of the game and he s clearly playing hurt. We should beat these guys for sure, but here?s a sobering thought?Dane Evans and the hopeless Ticats beat us this year!!! And I?d take a limping Rourke over Evans any day!!
This is true but our secondary play has been improving with Parkers improvement lately and Alexander settling in nicely bringing that physical element we were lacking during the first half of the year.

BLUEBOMBER

I am not worrying about the Lions.. I think the Bombers can take them on.. I do worry about the Argos... they got nothing to lose and will go all out.

The Zipp

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on November 07, 2022, 06:07:14 AM
I am not worrying about the Lions.. I think the Bombers can take them on.. I do worry about the Argos... they got nothing to lose and will go all out.

Very good defence...Us fans looking past the Lions isn't an issue, I too would be worried about facing the argos in the cup.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on November 07, 2022, 12:54:56 PM
Very good defence...Us fans looking past the Lions isn't an issue, I itoo would be worried about facing the argos in the cup.
Not with MacBeth at QB. Argos would not concern me. Montreal is in the same boat though the lesser for now. Let see if AH actually makes it through the EDF?

Austin85

Not good to look ahead, still have to beat BC, they will be prepared, and who says the Argos beat Montreal??