11 Blue Bombers named Division All-Stars

Started by ModAdmin, November 02, 2022, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

What a slap in the face for Hardrick and Rose.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 02, 2022, 09:37:08 PM
According to multiple sources, the CFL gave teams the wrong list of divisional all-stars and will be sending out a new list. Word is the results were calculated incorrectly and there will be multiple changes to the original.

Holy smokes!  Talk about bush league!  How on earth does this happen?  Are they going to investigate and explain or just sweep it under the rug?

So was the wrong list the "we didn't include the fan votes" list, or was it the "we only included the fan votes" list?  Who is it that shafted Demski and liked Rutledge?  My money is on the press voting "wrong" and once they included the fans it corrected the Demski thing.  Even other teams' fans respect/appreciate Demski's play.

You want a "full Tecno", TLB?  Maybe the league put out the "real" list first, saw the uproar across multiple fan forums / media and then corrected what we had already identified as the egregious mistakes (Rutledge/Demski).  It is possible, but my money is on them just not including one side or other of the data.

Hey, do the all-star teams obey the ratio?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 02, 2022, 08:13:14 PM
I don't understand the Rutledge situation- not just in the context of all-star nods but overall.

I thought he was awesome all year.

The (original) Rutledge nod might have simply been a case of garbage competition.  I'd be hard pressed to tell you who any West team's SAM is off the top of my head (ok, I probably know SSK's, only because we burned him so badly all year).  Could have been Rutledge was used to be the best of a poor class.

Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Zipp on November 02, 2022, 10:51:23 PM
Nine Blue #Bombers, not 11 as originally released, made the CFL West all-star team. Removed in the "recount": LB/DB Donald Rutledge, Jr., corner Winston Rose and OL Jermarcus Hardrick. Added: REC Nic Demski.
I think that's fair as Rose and Hardrick had tough seasons and Rutledge was placed on the PR....Demski was rightfully selected and I'm glad to see they got it right.   Still a little bush league though.....I mean how does that even happen?
Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 03, 2022, 03:39:09 AM
I think that's fair as Rose and Hardrick had tough seasons and Rutledge was placed on the PR....Demski was rightfully selected and I'm glad to see they got it right.   Still a little bush league though.....I mean how does that even happen?

Mind boggling. Embarrassing. Unprofessional.  Hopefully a lesson learned and will never happen again.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 03, 2022, 04:51:55 AM
Mind boggling. Embarrassing. Unprofessional.  Hopefully a lesson learned and will never happen again.

Here's your trophy Rutledge... <yank>  PSYCH!

nya nya na boo boo

-- Ambrosie

(ya, it's not a physical trophy, but it's a good meme)
Never go full Rider!

BBRT

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 03, 2022, 04:51:55 AM

I have to agree - I have and always will be a big CFL supporter (even if I am a yankee) but this is just bush league and someone needs to be held accountable and a strong apology needs to be issued to those that were selected in error or not selected in error by the commissioner. Just plain embarrassing to say the least!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on November 03, 2022, 02:42:10 AM
I think Rutledge is in his 1st. year of a 2-year contract.

If he rides out the year on the PR he is basically cut and that contract is void.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 03, 2022, 03:20:04 PM
If he rides out the year on the PR he is basically cut and that contract is void.

Yes but most teams re-sign a bunch of players that ended up on the PR at the end of the season. That said, he may opt out of doing that.  However I have no reason to think the Bombers won't try to bring him back. 1st year is usually a learning curve and endurance issue, even for players that end up starting. Year 2 is where we see the real growth for most.

So. If we can retain Schoen, can you imagine how much better he'll be in 2023? Come on back please.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

I could see Rutledge back on the AR for the playoffs. The kid has 58 DT's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on November 03, 2022, 03:52:00 PM
I could see Rutledge back on the AR for the playoffs. The kid has 58 DT's.
I would expect him to be activated for the playoffs unless something happened behind the scenes we do not know about. With the Kramdi injury you would think it would be an automatic he would return.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 03, 2022, 04:16:36 PM
I would expect him to be activated for the playoffs unless something happened behind the scenes we do not know about. With the Kramdi injury you would think it would be an automatic he would return.

Have we heard anything more about the injury to Kramdi? While it didn't look serious he may be finished for 2022. That leaves an opening / need for depth at SAM. Demski's return and the need for a different DI probably comes at the cost of McCrae as a DI.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 03, 2022, 03:40:54 PM
Yes but most teams re-sign a bunch of players that ended up on the PR at the end of the season. That said, he may opt out of doing that.  However I have no reason to think the Bombers won't try to bring him back. 1st year is usually a learning curve and endurance issue, even for players that end up starting. Year 2 is where we see the real growth for most.

You're probably right, I believe Kolankowski, Mourtada, and Agudosi were on the PR at the end of last season so it shouldn't be a problem re-signing players they want to keep, unless other teams makes them a better offer.

Of the current PR list it's hard to say who they should bring back as we didn't see most of them play, but I would like to see Rutledge, Lavigne, Lofton and probably Cooper retained.  They must have see something in Cooper to roster him 4 games, although I never once saw him on the field, it could be he was playing ST.

bwiser

Who announced the CFL All Stars Warren Beatty???? The winner of the 2022 Grey Cup LalaLand.