11 Blue Bombers named Division All-Stars

Started by ModAdmin, November 02, 2022, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the paw

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 02, 2022, 04:11:26 PM
"The Division All-Stars were selected by the local voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) in their respective division's markets and the National Chapter, as well as their respective division's head coaches."

For Harris to show up as an All-Star means a lot of journalists weren't even paying attention.

It also said this:

Quote.
Fans also took part in this year's selections through the All-Star Fan Vote, powered by the CFL's official data and technology partner, Genius Sports.

I think Bighill, Bryant, and Andrew Harris are all examples of reputation being weighted as much as current year performance.

I think the inclusion of the fans, through the weeks long voting window, also weighted things towards the earlier part of the season.  I voted for Rutledge, and then he was subsequently shuffled off to the PR. 

I think they should be transparent about how each category votes (head coaches, fans and media).  Otherwise these kind of become meaningless.

Fans also took part in this year's selections through the All-Star Fan Vote, powered by the CFL's official data and technology partner, Genius Sports.
grab grass 'n growl

blue_or_die

I don't understand the Rutledge situation- not just in the context of all-star nods but overall.

I thought he was awesome all year.

I didn't get why we shuffled him to the PR and assumed he agreed to due to injury or to get another player on.

Others on here were not shocked when he was moved to the PR, saying he "fell off a cliff"  ???

He being an all-star is no surprise to me but seems to be to others (including the Bombers, who moved him to PR)

All of this is super confusing.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 02, 2022, 08:13:14 PM
I don't understand the Rutledge situation- not just in the context of all-star nods but overall.

I didn't get why we shuffled him to the PR and assumed he agreed to due to injury or to get another player on.

Others on here were not shocked when he was moved to the PR, saying he "fell off a cliff"  ???

He being an all-star is no surprise to me but seems to be to others (including the Bombers, who moved him to PR)

Many imports struggle with the longer CFL season after coming out of US colleges. That was the story that he was physically worn out. It doesn't explain why he wasn't moved to the 1 game IR instead of the PR.

It's not like he'd have a significant contract and if he was injured the team couldn't / wouldn't do that.

Whether he ends up playing in the WDF, I have no idea. If so I'd think he'd be listed as a DI.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Nick Demski was definitely robbed....he's our X-Factor on offence.   Imagine getting Demski, Ellingson, and Woli back with Schoen and Sheed!?  This is one helluva receiving corp and Nick is the straw that stirs the drink on offence!   
Bomber fan for life

The Zipp

According to Jeff Hamilton:

According to multiple sources, the CFL gave teams the wrong list of divisional all-stars and will be sending out a new list. Word is the results were calculated incorrectly and there will be multiple changes to the original. What an embarrassing situation for the CFL. #wfp

Ridermania

Quote from: The Zipp on November 02, 2022, 09:37:08 PM
According to Jeff Hamilton:

According to multiple sources, the CFL gave teams the wrong list of divisional all-stars and will be sending out a new list. Word is the results were calculated incorrectly and there will be multiple changes to the original. What an embarrassing situation for the CFL. #wfp

How does the CFL screw this up? 

The Zipp

The Zipp

Nine Blue #Bombers, not 11 as originally released, made the CFL West all-star team. Removed in the "recount": LB/DB Donald Rutledge, Jr., corner Winston Rose and OL Jermarcus Hardrick. Added: REC Nic Demski.

DCM

POSITION

OFFENCE
QB   McLeod Bethel-Thompson (TOR)   Zach Collaros (WPG)
RB   A.J. Ouellette (TOR)   Ka'Deem Carey (CGY)
REC   Eugene Lewis (MTL)   Dalton Schoen (WPG)
REC   Kurleigh Gittens Jr. (TOR)*   Dominique Rhymes (BC)
REC   Jaelon Acklin (OTT)   Malik Henry (CGY)
REC   Tim White (HAM)   Nic Demski (WPG)*
REC   Steven Dunbar Jr. (HAM)   Kenny Lawler (EDM)
CEN   Justin Lawrence (TOR)*   Sean McEwen (CGY)*
G   Brandon Revenberg (HAM)*   Patrick Neufeld (WPG)*
G   Jacob Ruby (OTT)*   Ryan Sceviour (CGY)*
OT   Dejon Allen (TOR)   Stanley Bryant (WPG)
OT   Landon Rice (MTL)*   Derek Dennis (CGY)

DEFENCE
DE   Lorenzo Mauldin IV (OTT)   Willie Jefferson (WPG)
DE   Julian Howsare (HAM)   Shawn Lemon (CGY)
DT   Micah Johnson (HAM)   Jake Ceresna (EDM)
DT   Shawn Oakman (TOR)   Mike Rose (CGY)
LB   Wynton McManis (TOR)   Adam Bighill (WPG)
LB   Jovan Santos-Knox (HAM)   Cameron Judge (CGY)*
CLB   Kameron Kelly (HAM)   Derrick Moncrief (SSK)
CB   Jamal Peters (TOR)   Garry Peters (BC)
CB   Jumal Rolle (HAM)   Jonathan Moxey (CGY)
HB   Richard Leonard (HAM)   Marcus Sayles (BC)
HB   Wesley Sutton (MTL)   Deatrick Nichols (WPG)
S   Tunde Adeleke (HAM)*   Loucheiz Purifoy (BC)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K   Seth Small (HAM)   Rene Paredes (CGY)*
P   John Haggerty (TOR)^   Cody Grace (CGY)^
ST   Chandler Worthy (MTL)   Janarion Grant (WPG)
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Jesse

He made a few big plays early so us fans think he's awesome. But clearly on plays he's not involved in (where we don't see him on the TV screen) - he must be missing assignments or dogging it an unacceptable amount of the time.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

I'm going to go full Techno on this theory, so bear with me.  Walters probably ain't got much to do after the trade deadline but stare at his loaded roster and worry about who he's going to lose in the off-season.  He knows Rutledge is a keeper, but with all the starters coming back off the I.R. late in the season it really comes down to numbers, and he  can't keep everyone. 

By moving him to the P.R. early on he took the spotlight off him and may be attempting to hide him in the weeds so other teams don't push up his price in F.A. as a potential future starter.  Contract negotiations begin in the spring, Rutledge has few semi-interested suitors but is happy the Bombers are still interested, and Walters nails him down for $85k on a 2 year deal.

Might sound outlandish, but Huff has probably been doing the same thing for years.

Pigskin

I think Rutledge is in his 1st. year of a 2-year contract.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 03, 2022, 02:32:36 AM
I'm going to go full Techno on this theory

Haha, I don't know whether to be happy of offended!  ;D ;D

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 03, 2022, 02:32:36 AM
By moving him to the P.R. early on he took the spotlight off him and may be attempting to hide him in the weeds so other teams don't push up his price in F.A. as a potential future starter.  Contract negotiations begin in the spring, Rutledge has few semi-interested suitors but is happy the Bombers are still interested, and Walters nails him down for $85k on a 2 year deal.

Well, it is possible!  As good a theory as "he's not in shape enough for CFL".

It could also be we're saving him for the WDF.  Move Darby to CB/HB and Rutledge resumes SAM?  The DB choices this year have been incredibly weird and confusing and not at all what most of us would have rostered.  Hope Hall hasn't been hitting that Willie J smoke!!  :o :o

That said, it all has been working out pretty nicely for us.  So no complaints.  When that WDF roster hits I think we'll all be a little surprised/baffled.
Never go full Rider!