Dalton Schoen named Top Performer of the Month

Started by ModAdmin, November 02, 2022, 02:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Dalton Schoen named Top Performer of the Month

WINNIPEG, MB., November 2, 2022 - The Canadian Football League today announced that Blue Bombers wide receiver Dalton Schoen has been named a Top Performer of the Month for October.

The West nominee for Most Outstanding Rookie recorded 13 receptions for 323 yards and five touchdowns in three games. He registered his fifth 100+yard game in October, and also a career best 162 yards in Week 18.

Schoen finished 2022 leading the league in receiving yards (1,441) and receiving touchdowns (16).
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Wow congratulations. Enjoy it while we can I suppose.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

the.inkster

Well-deserved for sure. I almost wish he wasn't getting so much attention so we could keep him around for a few more years, though  :P

GOLDMEMBER

We might get a lucky bonus Mike Sellers year but not gettin hopes up

Lincoln Locomotive

He's such a stud receiver with an eye for the end zone....runs well in heavy traffic and breaks tackles....such a smart smart player!   He will go far and it was a pleasure to have such a winner on our team....even if it's only for this season!   
Bomber fan for life

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I don't get the sense that Schoen will be in Wpg. again next year, he's not going to cap off his career development without pursuing his goal of playing for an NFL team, even if he wins MOR and a Grey Cup this season.  Best hope, he returns to the CFL in a year or two and comes straight back to the Bombers.  Zylstra has been gone since 2017, has found minor success on 3 teams but has been paid well, and still hasn't come back yet.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 03, 2022, 05:05:53 PM
I don't get the sense that Schoen will be in Wpg. again next year, he's not going to cap off his career development without pursuing his goal of playing for an NFL team, even if he wins MOR and a Grey Cup this season.  Best hope, he returns to the CFL in a year or two and comes straight back to the Bombers.  Zylstra has been gone since 2017, has found minor success on 3 teams but has been paid well, and still hasn't come back yet.
If he helps us win a Cup....that would be cool!   He helped us to a record winning season and was a huge part of our offence once Ellingson went down.   Nearly two thirds of his receptions were 2nd down conversions which is an amazing stat by itself!
Bomber fan for life

J5V

The instant chemistry with Zach was/is something special.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Can anyone think of 1 year super stars in Blue Bombers history?

Chris Mathews I guess but that team was still horrible.

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 03, 2022, 11:31:23 PM
Can anyone think of 1 year super stars in Blue Bombers history?

Chris Mathews I guess but that team was still horrible.

I thought Agudosi was going to be a superstar before he got hurt. I thought Lucky Whitehead could be that guy too. I think he was only here for 1 year. Can't forget about Drew Willy, either.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 03, 2022, 11:55:44 PM
I thought Agudosi was going to be a superstar before he got hurt. I thought Lucky Whitehead could be that guy too. I think he was only here for 1 year. Can't forget about Drew Willy, either.
Whitehead only played 10-12 games for us that year. That really is not that good at all. Willy was a strange one. That team had a crazy positive turnover margin. Unsustainable that season correct me if I am wrong?