Blue Bombers Vs Lions WDF Pre-game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 29, 2022, 04:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

We look full guns blazing October 28th. Other than Kramdi we came out unscathed. Brilliant level of execution all around. In this sport you really could not be in better shape heading to the WDF.

Pre game discussion have at her?.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Well Hardrick was injured late in the 4th. quarter and was having some trouble back peddling. Reports are he has been having some trouble with his groin.

Noah Hallett was also injured behind the play covering a punt. Noah has had knee issues all season.

Our O looked very good in the first quarter. Nice having Woli82 and GE2 back.

D shut down BC's run all night.

Leggs, didn't have to make any long kicks, but was perfect.

Joe Pop still looking good. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on October 29, 2022, 04:37:58 PM
Well Hardrick was injured late in the 4th. quarter and was having some trouble back peddling. Reports are he has been having some trouble with his groin.

Noah Hallett was also injured behind the play covering a punt. Noah has had knee issues all season.

Our O looked very good in the first quarter. Nice having Woli82 and GE2 back.

D shut down BC's run all night.

Leggs, didn't have to make any long kicks, but was perfect.

Joe Pop still looking good. 
Oh yeah Joe Pop always looks good!

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 29, 2022, 04:41:12 PM
Oh yeah Joe Pop always looks good!

It was Joe Pop and Rick House that I remember in the 84 Grey Cup against Hamilton. Tommy Clements and Ty Jones were the outstanding players. I remember standing on the side of the Bay when they had the parade in the Peg - froze my butt off!

dd

Quote from: BBRT on October 29, 2022, 05:25:12 PM
It was Joe Pop and Rick House that I remember in the 84 Grey Cup against Hamilton. Tommy Clements and Ty Jones were the outstanding players. I remember standing on the side of the Bay when they had the parade in the Peg - froze my butt off!
The 1984 Grey Cup is my all time favourite Bomber moment in time!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BBRT on October 29, 2022, 05:25:12 PM
Shawn Kehoe was a key contributor as well. I just watched the game over again last week! lol

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 31, 2022, 01:37:41 AM
Shawn Kehoe was a key contributor as well. I just watched the game over again last week! lol

Yes how could I have forgotten him! I still have the VHS tape of the game and still have a very old VHS player that I have babied along for many years. The significant other of 51 years keeps telling me to get rid of it as it does take up some space in my den - but not going to happen on my watch!

Norm W

My take away from the final game was what the defense showed, I was looking for a solid game. Limited explosion plays, control the LOS and the running game and not look bad in pass coverages. They exceeded my expectations, holding BC to 3's for the entire game? Besides Hall and the Bomber D who saw that outcome? Yeah yeah, vanilla... Don't open your playbook up to wide at this stage, I get that. The D played sound fundamentally good football, with a few really good individual defensive plays made. The offense isn't a concern going into the WF, this team has an abundance of weapons and the record shows other defenses have not been able to shut them down. It's going to come down to the defense, championships most always do... 
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Norm W on October 31, 2022, 04:01:06 PM
My take away from the final game was what the defense showed, I was looking for a solid game. Limited explosion plays, control the LOS and the running game and not look bad in pass coverages. They exceeded my expectations, holding BC to 3's for the entire game? Besides Hall and the Bomber D who saw that outcome? Yeah yeah, vanilla... Don't open your playbook up to wide at this stage, I get that. The D played sound fundamentally good football, with a few really good individual defensive plays made. The offense isn't a concern going into the WF, this team has an abundance of weapons and the record shows other defenses have not been able to shut them down. It's going to come down to the defense, championships most always do... 
Good take on this game.....what I noticed on offence was an abundance of play action and mis-direction plays.   The D played a solid game albeit it looked early on that Rourke was getting into a groove until the strip sack and turnover.    Also noticed some huge hits by the secondary and making guys pay over the middle....especially Lucky who I believe didn't finish.    I only was able to take in the first quarter and the rest I caught on the highlight reel.
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Norm W on October 31, 2022, 04:01:06 PM

Biggest take away from watching the game late last night is the energy a healthy Jeffcoat brings to the pass rush, with 100% effort on every play.  He makes everyone on the D-line more effective, Willie gets more involved in pursuit, Sayles gets deeper penetration and Jake and Lawson are right in there for the cleanup. The LB's can focus more on the RB coming out of the backfield and a harried QB has less time to find receivers downfield which also makes the DB's job easier.

Blue In BC

On defence the Bombers have been moving around a bunch of players in the secondary and LB corps. At this point I think Parker has moved to DHB from CB. He's played 3 different positions and has gotten better every game.

SECONDARY:

I'm not sure if Holm is actually injured but I'm not sure what this means for him with Parker moving inside. Or does Holm return and Parker move back to  CB?

So who is most probable to start at CB where Parker used to line up? Which of Lawrence, Holm or Ford are going to see the most work there? I thought Lawrence looked fine in his 1st game but then they moved him to 1 game IR. Is he actually injured? Ford looked very good this week but it was also only 1 game.

LB's:

This is even more of a question. Bighill has been moved or rotated more frequently. This could quite likely continue in the playoffs? I don't know that this is either bad or good. It has been interesting musical chairs at each LB spot. Darby has been a good addition.

At least our DL looks what we expected with Jeffcoat healthy again.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

The Lions/Bombers game is what happens when one team is trying to send a message and the other team is thinking of the next game & getting outta town without any injuries.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

The Zipp

Stamps are getting more practice in bad weather than we are...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 02, 2022, 10:50:38 PM
Stamps are getting more practice in bad weather than we are...

Don't worry, the suckage (weather) is going to hit Winnipeg very very soon!   :o :P

Edit: you spoke too soon about Stamps!
https://www.stampeders.com/2022/11/02/dickenson-02-11-22/
hahaha, wimps
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 03, 2022, 02:53:48 AM
Don't worry, the suckage (weather) is going to hit Winnipeg very very soon!   :o :P

Edit: you spoke too soon about Stamps!
https://www.stampeders.com/2022/11/02/dickenson-02-11-22/
hahaha, wimps

Exactly. I can't stand Dickenson. He really thinks he's something. "I can think of an option". Puke.
Go Bombers!