Congratulations Brady Oliviera on 1,000 yards and showing the the naysayers

Started by Tiger, October 29, 2022, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 09:00:55 PM
Yoshi is fine.  He didn't even come out for a play.  He's always marginal like this.  I don't think his knees are so great.  But he just keeps on a'truckin.  I fully expect him to be fine for the post-season.  He'll Strevie it if he has to.

they have been saying he has been dealing with a nicked groin most of the year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 30, 2022, 10:35:25 PM
Chris Streveler is currently on the New York Jets active roster.
He should play! Wilson looked like crap today.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 30, 2022, 10:35:25 PM
Chris Streveler is currently on the New York Jets active roster.

Ah, okay, I stand corrected. Thank you.
Go Bombers!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 30, 2022, 07:11:00 PM
I wish we still had the 300 year old running back who can only run through two gaps.
We all know your feelings on Harris and his late stage career abilities
I wish you could give Harris the respect he deserves and stop playing the same tune on repeat
One of best ever that was still dominant late stage of his career
I love our new backs but also respect Harris immensely and he is one of reasons why Brady is great

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 31, 2022, 03:01:14 AM
We all know your feelings on Harris and his late stage career abilities
I wish you could give Harris the respect he deserves and stop playing the same tune on repeat
One of best ever that was still dominant late stage of his career
I love our new backs but also respect Harris immensely and he is one of reasons why Brady is great

Full respect to Andrew. My comment was more poking fun at the people who couldn't see he was done two seasons ago and spent a ton of brain power trying to convince everyone he wasn't.

blue_gold_84

I don't think it comes as a shock Oliveira cracked 1K this season. He turned a corner in late July and never really looked back. Obviously, having the best O-line in the game is a huge benefit but he seemed to find his way after a shaky start and play to his strengths as a tailback. I expect he'll be even better next season.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 31, 2022, 10:43:32 AM
Full respect to Andrew. My comment was more poking fun at the people who couldn't see he was done two seasons ago and spent a ton of brain power trying to convince everyone he wasn't.

Two seasons ago? Are you referring to the beginning of last season?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

LXTSN

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 31, 2022, 12:46:00 PM
I don't think it comes as a shock Oliveira cracked 1K this season. He turned a corner in late July and never really looked back. Obviously, having the best O-line in the game is a huge benefit but he seemed to find his way after a shaky start and play to his strengths as a tailback. I expect he'll be even better next season.

I was wrong earlier in the season... Sticking with Olivera was the right move. We don't know what would've happened if Augustine did get in the game more, but I'm happy with the way we've gone to him. He just needed to gain a little confidence!

Also... 0 fumbles on 202 carries for over 1000 yards. ZERO FUMBLESSSSSS

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 31, 2022, 12:46:00 PM

The beginning of last season was two full seasons ago.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 31, 2022, 01:44:35 PM
The beginning of last season was two full seasons ago.

I was asking another poster but alright. How was he done before the start of the 2021 season?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

At the beginning of the season our running game wasn't what is is now and Brady was dancing before hitting the gaps.   He admitted that himself and somewhere around game 4 or 5 he started hitting the gaps straight away without hesitation and his production improved dramatically.    I don't think we were naysaying him rather than making an observation as was Doug Brown who commented on this as well.   
He obviously changed his tactics and it paid off for him hence his 1000 yard season.  He also has a good set of hands as does AH and has made some big catches out of the backfield  this season.   Our offence this year has been so multi-dimensional this season and the ball is being spread around on both rushing and passing plays...so for him to crack 1000 is pretty special.   His future certainly looks bright!
Bomber fan for life

blue_or_die

I was one of the few that was pro-Brady throughout but I must admit:

1. I was running out of reasonable arguments for him by mid-summer
2. Even with my optimistic expectations, Brady blew that out of the water

I'm just happy we have a great Nat RB to take us into the future and win more cups!
#Ride?

J5V

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 31, 2022, 07:34:13 PM
I was one of the few that was pro-Brady throughout but I must admit:

1. I was running out of reasonable arguments for him by mid-summer
2. Even with my optimistic expectations, Brady blew that out of the water

I'm just happy we have a great Nat RB to take us into the future and win more cups!

Agree completely. This young man is a load and a half, rarely goes down on first contact, and I won't soon forget how he had one chance left to rip off 19 yards and he went out there and tore off +20. Seeing that made me a true believer and will be one of the highlightts of this season for me.
Go Bombers!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 31, 2022, 10:43:32 AM
You begun a few years ago saying that he was slowing down only to have him to continue to dominate.  Just because you think you were right, doesn't mean you are.  Yes he wasn't as fast as he was in his late 20s and early 30s but I feel your analysis of his decline is and was overstated.

People defended Harris because he was still very good at the end of his time as a Bomber.

I will remember him going our as a Bomber near the top.

He could run a variety of routes, block exceptionally well, had great attitude and could catch the ball well out of the backfield.

J5V

Quote from: pjrocksmb on November 01, 2022, 01:49:41 AM
He could run a variety of routes, block exceptionally well, had great attitude and could catch the ball well out of the backfield.

He has that ridiculous spin-move too. I'll always remember him as a key part of the team that ended that horrible 29 year drought. Always gonna love me some AH but I was shocked when he signed with the Argos.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

BO20 took a while to get figure it out, but the Bomber knew this was their future. I glad they stuck with him. AH33 on the other hand has only played 15 of his last 32 games. I believe he might still have a few more great games in him. But like most great athletes, father time and all those big hits are catching up with him. Looking forward to the day the Bombers put him in the Ring of Honor.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.