The Good, Bad and Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, October 29, 2022, 04:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

I haven't heard anyone say they hate Rourke. He seems like a likeable young man who obviously has some talent. In some ways he reminds me of Lulay. The thing with Lulay is that once he got hurt he was never the same. It could be the same for Rourke. If he struggles with that foot it's going to affect everything he tries to do. We may have already seen the best we're going to see from Rourke.

If BC goes with Rourke in the WSF I think the stumps will do everything they can to pressure the kid and make him move on that foot. If this game with the Bombers showed anything it's that Rourke wasn't ready to go against an aggressive D that gets after the QB like we do and like Calgary does. BC will be much better served playing a mobile QB like Adams in the WSF.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 29, 2022, 05:37:13 AM
Nathan Rourke talk on TSN before, during and after

I didn't like Rourke's comment to Farhan at halftime:
Farhan: How do you think you did?
Rourke: How do you think I did?
< awkward silence >

What on earth was that??  Rourke has, so far, been really good in front of the cameras, avoiding Cody Foot-in-Mouth Disease.  But that one was cringe.  What is Farhan supposed to say?  Why is Rourke fishing for compliments?  Is he the girlfriend I had when I was 16?

At that point Rourke looked like hot garbage throwing noodle-arm like Brohm.  Farhan should have said "crap".  :o ;D ;D

Rourke might be trying too hard here.  I hope he doesn't harm his career (in many ways!) by rushing back so soon.  He's been stellar up to before Friday.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 29, 2022, 01:40:04 PM
Rutledge is on our PR so they don't need to get him on the phone. Hopefully Kramdi will be fine in 2 weeks. He did limp off the field so that's a TBD.

Is he?  Last post on Roster thread:

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Exactly the same verbiage as Hassell, Karamoko and Harrison.  Pretty sure all those dudes are gone.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 04:37:57 PM
I don?t get the hate for Rourke. The guy is a rookie Canadian, who was having an MOP season, but got injured. He came back miraculously early from this injury, so people are both amazed and excited he?s playing . This is good for the league.

What we should be taking about is the classless move by jake Thomas to wave off helping Rourke up after he was knocked down. A totally classless display of disrespect. A Canadian on a Canadian no less.  I m Embarrassed he?s on our team and have lost all respect for him

That was my "Play of the Game" nominee...

Its not classless to actually purposely dis an opponent you just crushed.  "Welcome back, rook, get your own butt up".  It wasn't like he left him hangin'.. he denied him.  Classic vet move.  And its up to the Oline to pick up their QB after they let him get put on the ground...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:23:14 AM
Is he?  Last post on Roster thread:

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Exactly the same verbiage as Hassell, Karamoko and Harrison.  Pretty sure all those dudes are gone.

https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

PRACTICE SQUAD
NO      NAME   POS   A/N/G   HT   WT   AGE   COLLEGE
32      Burtenshaw, Konner   FB   N   5'10   223   26   Queens
15      Cooper, DeJaun   LB   A   6'3   224   23   South Dakota
14      Heiligh, Jaivon   WR   A   6'1   198   23   Coastal Carolina
42      Karamoko, Souleymane   DB   G   6'2   210   0   Laval
89      Knuettel, Timothy   WR   G   6'2   200   30   Seton Hill
26      Lavigne, Cedrick   DB   N   6'1   209   24   Carleton University
55      Lofton, Eric   OL   A   6'4   293   29   Temple
87      McMillan, Luke   WR   N   6'0   175   22   Winnipeg Rifles
18      Mourtada, Ali   K   A   5'7   172   32   Pace
38      Rutledge, Jr., Donald   DB   A   6'1   215   25   Georgia Southern University
50      Witt, Tyler   OL   A   6'2   305   24   Purdue
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 30, 2022, 12:44:32 AM

PRACTICE SQUAD
NO      NAME   POS   A/N/G   HT   WT   AGE   COLLEGE
38      Rutledge, Jr., Donald   DB   A   6'1   215   25   Georgia Southern University

2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Add To   Free Agent

Ugh, I truly hate the "roster transaction" format the league uses.  Where "add to free agent" really means "moved to PR".  So what verbiage do they use when a dude really is sent packing?

How about:
2022-10-11   WPG   RUTLEDGE, Donald   LB   A   Georgia Southern   Given   Apple&Map
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 04:37:57 PM
I don?t get the hate for Rourke. The guy is a rookie Canadian, who was having an MOP season, but got injured. He came back miraculously early from this injury, so people are both amazed and excited he?s playing . This is good for the league.

What we should be taking about is the classless move by jake Thomas to wave off helping Rourke up after he was knocked down. A totally classless display of disrespect. A Canadian on a Canadian no less.  I m Embarrassed he?s on our team and have lost all respect for him

He's not a rookie.  Second year players aren't rookies in football.  This isn't hockey..  You're right, he was having an MOP season, in his second season.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 12:51:43 AM
He's not a rookie.  Second year players aren't rookies in football.  This isn't hockey..  You're right, he was having an MOP season, in his second season.
yah well there is a lot of incorrect mentionable times in the dd post.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bludan

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 06:12:50 PM
You can live in your own dream world if you want. It was classless and disrespectful,  but what do you expect from a marginal player. Your comments are also disrespectful but heck no surprise there at all either. You can disagree all you want but you don?t have to disrespect. I understand why you support others disrespectful actions. You ve obviously never played contact sports as those who have, respect their opponent, those ho haven?t live in their own little dream world say8ng how they woulda done this or that. Absolutely laughable.

This is a lot of speculation to be putting into one in-game action.  Thomas has never been ruled a dirty or disrespectful player in his career.  You can appreciate or not appreciate the moment, but to label a seasoned veteran player over one gesture that had no intent to injure or be aggressively malicious seems a bit out of bounds on its own.

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 30, 2022, 12:20:10 AM
yah well there is a lot of incorrect mentionable times in that post.

In my post?  If Rourke had played the whole season, he would've been the MOP.  Or is it the fact, he'd in his second season and not a rookie?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 01:33:44 AM
In my post?  If Rourke had played the whole season, he would've been the MOP.  Or is it the fact, he'd in his second season and not a rookie?
sorry no, fixed I meant the dd post.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:12:02 AM
< awkward silence >

What on earth was that??  Rourke has, so far, been really good in front of the cameras, avoiding Cody Foot-in-Mouth Disease.  But that one was cringe.  What is Farhan supposed to say?  Why is Rourke fishing for compliments?  Is he the girlfriend I had when I was 16?

At that point Rourke looked like hot garbage throwing noodle-arm like Brohm.  Farhan should have said "crap".  :o ;D ;D

Rourke might be trying too hard here.  I hope he doesn't harm his career (in many ways!) by rushing back so soon.  He's been stellar up to before Friday.

Ya, that was a very immature move on his part. He's just a kid that's been thrown into the spotlight, but he needs to show more composure than that and needs to grow up some and act like a pro.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: dd on October 29, 2022, 06:12:50 PM
You can live in your own dream world if you want. It was classless and disrespectful,  but what do you expect from a marginal player. Your comments are also disrespectful but heck no surprise there at all either. You can disagree all you want but you don?t have to disrespect. I understand why you support others disrespectful actions. You ve obviously never played contact sports as those who have, respect their opponent, those ho haven?t live in their own little dream world say8ng how they woulda done this or that. Absolutely laughable.

It happens all the time in football. And doesn't mean Thomas is like that outside of football. If anything, you're the one being respectful to the longest tenured active Bomber.
Just go and root for Rouke and his Lions.  ;D

Blue In BC

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 30, 2022, 12:51:43 AM

Rourke was having an astounding season before his injury. If he continued playing like that he might well have been the MOP. However awards are not made on IF. They are made on the results and that means being able to play the bulk of the season with high level of achievement.

Collaros has done that since joining the team in 2019. It's also a team game: Rourke and Collaros depend on the play of their OL, receivers and RB's. If either had played for Ottawa this season, neither would be in this consideration because they wouldn't have been surrounded by the supporting cast.

Rourke probably lost his 2023 NFL opportunity due to his injury ( but he still might get a look ). If he ends up in the CFL next season he could be a top contender or he may not have the same surrounding cast. The same goes for Collaros. Changes in free agency, injuries are all part of the equation.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:12:02 AM

< awkward silence >

Just rewatched that. He snaps at Farnham a bit. Really dooshy look on Rourke.