Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg October 28, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 27, 2022, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Willie was really awake today.  I think he switched on his "playoff mode".  He's had a quiet season.  Is it going to be another Willie-style GC this year (like '19)?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Miller's 1Y TD in 3Q: BC D on the end is half a foot over the goal line offside.  Unflagged.  We got the TD, but could have been important had we not.  And not a toe: a half foot.

Refs get sleepy at season-end too?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Any word on Lucky or that other injured Lion?  Lucky looked pretty bad.  Bummer if he's out for the playoffs.  He's starting to get beat up like B.Banks out there.  That's the downside to being the "small/fast" guy.  Those dudes shouldn't play inside where they get hurt.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 29, 2022, 02:08:20 AM
Trevor who? The mafia made the correct call on the running back spot for sure.

You mean the other Harris... Andrew...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 30, 2022, 12:45:56 AM
You mean the other Harris... Andrew...

Maybe it's the ultimate dis... doesn't even remember his first name  :D :D :D

(I'm just trying to help with the joke, I'm the big AH33 supporter here!)
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

A few observations after re-watching the game this morning.

1. Ford played really well IMO. He had a few knockdowns or made contact preventing receptions. Hard hitting DB.
2. Darby has been impressive since his return.
3. Our DB's in general were really laying the wood on Friday. Parker, Nichols, Hallett, Alexander and Rose all had big hits. Sending a message to both the Lions and Calgary.

Too many good things to mention on offence. Holy smokes and that was without Demski.

I tried to see exactly what happened to Kramdi. Couldn't quite see exactly what happened but it didn't seem like it would be a serious problem. With 2 weeks, I believe he'll be able to play in the WDF.

Bombers overall looked to turn up the volume to " playoff mode ". Very methodical from everyone including coaching. Impressive.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 30, 2022, 01:43:10 PM
A few observations after re-watching the game this morning.

1. Ford played really well IMO. He had a few knockdowns or made contact preventing receptions. Hard hitting DB.
2. Darby has been impressive since his return.
3. Our DB's in general were really laying the wood on Friday. Parker, Nichols, Hallett, Alexander and Rose all had big hits. Sending a message to both the Lions and Calgary.

Too many good things to mention on offence. Holy smokes and that was without Demski.

I tried to see exactly what happened to Kramdi. Couldn't quite see exactly what happened but it didn't seem like it would be a serious problem. With 2 weeks, I believe he'll be able to play in the WDF.

Bombers overall looked to turn up the volume to " playoff mode ". Very methodical from everyone including coaching. Impressive.

Only the Bombers can beat the Bombers...the team is that well coached and Zach might be the best Bomber QB in history. 

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on October 30, 2022, 02:28:58 PM
Only the Bombers can beat the Bombers...the team is that well coached and Zach might be the best Bomber QB in history. 
You?re right. Bombers are in the driver seat, but anything can happen in the playoffs. Carey gets hot at the right time and boom we re done.

You?re right about Collaros . I ve always thought tommy Clements was the best Qb we ve had (never seen pleon play) but his ability o buy time with his legs to make plays is unbelievable. And his record speaks for itself. Still need 2 more wins this year!!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on October 30, 2022, 02:59:51 PM
You?re right. Bombers are in the driver seat, but anything can happen in the playoffs. Carey gets hot at the right time and boom we re done.

You?re right about Collaros . I ve always thought tommy Clements was the best Qb we ve had (never seen pleon play) but his ability o buy time with his legs to make plays is unbelievable. And his record speaks for itself. Still need 2 more wins this year!!
IMHO....Kenny Ploen was the greatest and helped the Bombers win 4 Cups while appearing in 6 of them.  He was also extremely versatile and was an all-star defensive back for one season garnering 10 interceptions.    His QB stats weren't as flashy as Zachs however his longevity and leadership were unparalleled.

Zach still has 3 more seasons to play for us and to date his winning record since signing with us is nothing short of astounding!  Hopefully he can finish his career with us and and I place him up there with Kenny Ploen as one of the greatest Bomber QBs all time....oh and let's not forget Jack Jacobs either...even though I never watched him play.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2016/07/11/the-ken-ploen-story/
Bomber fan for life

BBRT

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 30, 2022, 03:31:16 PM
IMHO....Kenny Ploen was the greatest and helped the Bombers win 4 Cups while appearing in 6 of them.  He was also extremely versatile and was an all-star defensive back for one season garnering 10 interceptions.    His QB stats weren't as flashy as Zachs however his longevity and leadership were unparalleled.

Zach still has 3 more seasons to play for us and to date his winning record since signing with us is nothing short of astounding!  Hopefully he can finish his career with us and and I place him up there with Kenny Ploen as one of the greatest Bomber QBs all time....oh and let's not forget Jack Jacobs either...even though I never watched him play.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2016/07/11/the-ken-ploen-story/

You never saw Jack Jacobs play?? Youngster! Seriously my father in law (remember I am a yankee that came to Canada after getting out of the green machine in 1971) always talked about going to the old Bomber stadium (which I believe is where Great West Life is now) and watching not only Jack Jacobs but a few other folks that I really can not remember. He owned a Coal Company and had a contact with the stadium to provide coal to the stadium (not sure why they needed it). Told a lot of great stories about the Bombers, the old stadium and all the folks that ran things back in those days.

J5V

Quote from: BBRT on October 30, 2022, 07:06:25 PM
You never saw Jack Jacobs play?? Youngster! Seriously my father in law (remember I am a yankee that came to Canada after getting out of the green machine in 1971) always talked about going to the old Bomber stadium (which I believe is where Great West Life is now) and watching not only Jack Jacobs but a few other folks that I really can not remember. He owned a Coal Company and had a contact with the stadium to provide coal to the stadium (not sure why they needed it). Told a lot of great stories about the Bombers, the old stadium and all the folks that ran things back in those days.

Very very cool. I'm not old enough to remember Jack Jacobs either but I've heard some amazing stories. I am old enough to remember shoveling coal into the furnace at home when I was a kid living in East K.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on October 30, 2022, 08:13:27 PM
Very very cool. I'm not old enough to remember Jack Jacobs either but I've heard some amazing stories. I am old enough to remember shoveling coal into the furnace at home when I was a kid living in East K.
Yup I read some about Jacobs. He was the real pioneer of the forward pass in all North America while putting up some pretty good stats given his era. 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Gotta retro game issued from that era with his Number on it I own proudly.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 31, 2022, 02:29:10 AM
Yup I read some about Jacobs. He was the real pioneer of the forward pass in all North America while putting up some pretty good stats given his era. 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Gotta retro game issued from that era with his Number on it I own proudly.

Oh man, that's truly awesome! Good for you, bro.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on October 31, 2022, 09:39:58 PM
Oh man, that's truly awesome! Good for you, bro.
thanks

When I read about him and all his accolades and a few years ago the Blue Bombers were gonna do the Indian Jack era retros number 16 was a no brainer.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 31, 2022, 11:01:51 PM
thanks

When I read about him and all his accolades and a few years ago the Blue Bombers were gonna do the Indian Jack era retros number 16 was a no brainer.

Now I'm jealous, although I do cherish my "Birmingham Rifle" #5.  :-)
https://www.bluebombers.com/2016/09/07/the-dieter-brock-story/
Go Bombers!