Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg October 28, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 27, 2022, 05:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdand1.5

I would like to see a hit or two (clean) on Rourke, so when/IF we play them in a couple weeks, he remembers he is not comfortable in the pocket or rolling out against us. Even if he plays in the WF I wouldn't expect him to do much QB running.

In the short time Zach is in I want to see him look crisp and re-kindle a little chemistry at live game speed with Ellingson

I would like to our kick coverage improved at least in the early portion of the game while we are rolling starters...last week it was very poor

I would like to see Olivera get into a groove...rest vs. rust I get it, but I want him going into the WF completely confident

I would like to see us hit a couple mid-longer range FG's, again I want our guys going into the WF confident and although "dead air" in the dome may be partially responsible I don't want Leggs having anything negative on his mind

I am interested to see Gauthier at MLB and Biggie at WIL against a very good running game

Most importantly I want us to come out of tonight healthy

GO BLUE

Norm W

Quote from: Pigskin on October 27, 2022, 09:10:28 PM
Joe Pop. Our next inductee to the Ring of Honour at halftime. I am looking forward to that.

Joe Pop and Rick House both well deserved clutch players... as a kid pretended to be them when running routes and catching the ball.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Lincoln Locomotive

This game might be played like a chess match between the two coaches.....obviously both want to win going into the playoffs on a winning note however their mandate is likely to have some starters get a few reps (especially Rourke and Zach) while keeping their starting rosters in tact.
Bomber fan for life

northof30

I didn?t realize the TSN pregame show was going to be a 30 minute special on Rourke.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Norm W on October 28, 2022, 07:27:31 PM

Joe Pop and Rick House both well deserved clutch players... as a kid pretended to be them when running routes and catching the ball.

Brock as the qb. Days of youth for sure!

barbk

barbk

Blue In BC

Quote from: barbk on October 29, 2022, 01:29:53 AM
Ford is having a great game. 

I was just going to point out the same thing. Impressive so far. Good coverage and breaking to the ball quickly.

Parker continues to improve each game as well.

Would have liked that 3rd TD but we got a bit cute / sloppy running back ups and took a procedure penalty.

No problem. Team is looking pretty good but I'd be happier if we could get a sack or two.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ichabod_crane

Quote from: barbk on October 29, 2022, 01:55:50 AM
Yay BO #20 got his 1,000 yards

Trevor who? The mafia made the correct call on the running back spot for sure.

Blue In BC

Kudos to entire team. Only Kramdi got a bit nicked as far as I could tell. Should be ok in 2 weeks?

Hard to keep up with all the back ups in the game but we didn't give up a TD. Some back ups particularly on defence got valuable live game time although against Lions back ups.

I think Collaros in the 1st Q gave the Lions something to worry about from our offence. That was important for this game to plant further seed of doubt if they make it to the WDF.

No Bomber turnovers. Only the one penalty when we had that chance for our 3rd TD. So pretty clean game and not many mistakes all around.

Game got a bit boring after half time, but that was expected. Congrats on the 15-3 season and new record.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue72

Is TSN in love with Rourke as it was getting sick already, all they talked about all game was one person.

BBRT

Quote from: Blue72 on October 29, 2022, 03:45:55 AM
Is TSN in love with Rourke as it was getting sick already, all they talked about all game was one person.

No Kidding - you had to listen closely to find out who the other team was. It was a little over the top IMHO.

Pigskin

No chance we were going to lose this game. Crowd was smallest, but still loud. BO20 looked unstoppable. Nice to he had got to 1000 yards.

Hansen: Still in a walking boot.  Kolski: Was moving well on the sidelines.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 29, 2022, 02:08:20 AM
Trevor who? The mafia made the correct call on the running back spot for sure.

Who is Trevor?