Rasheed Bailey status update

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, October 11, 2022, 05:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pete

Every one of our recievers wants the ball, and wants to make a difference...thats what helps make them so good as a unit. But they also block and fight for each other knowing the other player will do the same for them.
Does Bailey wear his heart on his sleeve and show emotions more? Definitely.. his intensity is whatg has driven him to improve each and every year.
I'm a fan.

GOLDMEMBER

Bailey and teammates seemed to be in a party mood yesterday. Zero ill will for sure.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: DM83 on October 12, 2022, 03:10:41 PM
Its up to Bailey.  If he wants a job, just perform out there  or if he's a free agent,  he is finished in a month.  Suck it up, shut up, play as you are.  If you want to leave????...... there is the door.  There are over a hundred  American lads who would like a chance  to get some film in a real competitive pro league. Playing in Canada ain't the be- all, but you have way more job security, and  chance to learn a career.

Our Canadian receivers are not good enough to play in the States.  Close, but just won, because there re bigger, faster guys down there.  Our guys would have a shot, but hat would include lots of days on the PR.

I just think Rasheed might be an emotional guy, and wearss it on his sleeve

People ranting on Bailey even though they dont know the whole story. Cmon. 

This incident is regardless whether the Bombers wants him back or Bailey wants to be back. It's about SMS (for Bombers) and maximizing potential $ (for Bailey).

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 12, 2022, 04:44:52 PM
People ranting on Bailey even though they dont know the whole story. Cmon. 

This incident is regardless whether the Bombers wants him back or Bailey wants to be back. It's about SMS (for Bombers) and maximizing potential $ (for Bailey).

I'd be surprised if the Bombers didn't want Bailey back and if he didn't want to be back. That said, free agency and SMS always come into play. Teams always lose a few players we don't want to lose for one reason or another.

Realistically I don't imagine Bailey becoming too expensive to retain in Winnipeg. Sure he'll get a good raise and deserves one.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

RB88 is so versatile. Catches passing in the dirty spots, excellent at run the sweep, a very good blocker, and is durable. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Yeah, I like his on field persona for sure.  Haven't seen one better.  I saw him celebrating other guys scores as well. I also recall Zac throwing  that slant after it was mentioned they went away from him.  Much ado about nothing is a more appropriate title for this thread..

Now why  the team is winning, is because of guy like Woli, Sheed  and the other young Cdn receiver whose dad played here.  Solid solid football players.
The staff have put together guy who play for each other not dollars.

He plays a bit like our former receiver, Adams. (Who also has had a good year in Ottawa) they Let the play on the field do the talking.

Not like the prima donnas that are basically finished.  That guy in Regina is an embarassment.

Enough of this.  Bombers have the best receiver core in the league., ****....... the best groups position wise across the league!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on October 12, 2022, 03:50:15 PM
I'm pretty disappointed with the Bailey slander.

That dude fights hard for every yard after the catch, he blocks hard (and well) on running plays, and he is the energy on offence a lot of the time.
Some of you guys turned so quickley on this guy because of a wild rumor.

He's emotional and I'm sure that's helped us much more than it would hurt us.

I will back Bailey on this one all the way!

No one is slandering Bailey, everyone agrees he's great at his job.  There was an incident on the field and people are trying to interpret what happened, pretending that it didn't happen is ignoring the reality.  If there is a problem with his behaviour, I'm sure O'Shea will deal with it.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 12, 2022, 08:20:59 PM
If there is a problem with his behaviour, I'm sure O'Shea will deal with it.

Ya, handling these situations is what might actually be the real difference between good coaches and great coaches.  I have faith in MOS.  It's clear The Mafia has been effective in maintaining cohesion up to this point.
Never go full Rider!

blueraid

Bailey is a winner....he wants to be on a winning team....we're it.....He puts out one hundred percent and will enjoy drinking out of the Cup just like all the rest of the guys ;)Nothing to see here folks

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2022, 06:49:53 PM
RB88 is so versatile. Catches passing in the dirty spots, excellent at run the sweep, a very good blocker, and is durable. 
hasn't missed a game....he has a nose for that e zone and has made a handful of TDs displaying tremendous will to get into the end zone.   He's a gamer and someone you want on your team in the playoffs.

Bomber fan for life

Zach Schnitzer

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 12, 2022, 08:20:59 PM
No one is slandering Bailey, everyone agrees he's great at his job.  There was an incident on the field and people are trying to interpret what happened, pretending that it didn't happen is ignoring the reality.  If there is a problem with his behaviour, I'm sure O'Shea will deal with it.
Thank you. Not slandering Showtime at all. Love the guy. In our show tonight we discussed further. Someone brought up the school shooting and the fact that he just missed a td and prob wanted a game ball for his home town, and he?s passionate. At the time of the game it stood out, bc of fifo and all, but I think he?s just passionate and wanted the ball more. He?s a fantastic player and does dirty work that doesn?t get recognized. Love the guy.
#fortheW

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Zach Schnitzer on October 13, 2022, 03:23:11 AM
Thank you. Not slandering Showtime at all. Love the guy. In our show tonight we discussed further. Someone brought up the school shooting and the fact that he just missed a td and prob wanted a game ball for his home town, and he?s passionate. At the time of the game it stood out, bc of fifo and all, but I think he?s just passionate and wanted the ball more. He?s a fantastic player and does dirty work that doesn?t get recognized. Love the guy.
thanks for pointing this out....I first heard you mention this on the post game show and was wondering if anyone might have additional insight into this.   
Bomber fan for life

Sec223

I soured on Bailey (and a couple others) at the Grey Cup celebration party at the stadium. Nice to see the team enjoying themselves but they are public figures and need to somewhat be roll models. MOS and his wife picking up beer cans off the field afterwards said it all.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Sec223 on October 13, 2022, 11:49:50 AM
I soured on Bailey (and a couple others) at the Grey Cup celebration party at the stadium. Nice to see the team enjoying themselves but they are public figures and need to somewhat be roll models. MOS and his wife picking up beer cans off the field afterwards said it all.

MOS is an anomaly though.