Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg October 8, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 07, 2022, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 08, 2022, 04:09:09 PM
I do hope you're right as I just do NOT like Edmonton of ALL the CFL teams.    That intense dislike stems from the days when Edmonton brandished itself with the "City of Champions" sign when they were so dominant in both the CFL and the NHL back in the 80s.    That sign always stuck in my craw as I entered the city limits.
me to

now ?City of Losers? is much more fitting. I mean there hockey has one of the best players ever and one of the best players in the league now and cannot win Jack squat. The EEs are well you know lol.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 08, 2022, 06:46:01 PM
I dunno what you're talking about but you deserve some kind of award for this post.
Can't reason with him nor can you understand that post.  Seen these types of posts in the past about Hall and our defense and it wasn't true then and certainly not isn't now.

Oilers have had a bad run but on the cusp of greatness again.  Great year last year and good things to come.  They now have a top goalie and defense looks reasonable and have some good training camps battles for the bottom six which may continue to be a weak point.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 08, 2022, 07:10:10 PM
me to

now ?City of Losers? is much more fitting. I mean there hockey has one of the best players ever and one of the best players in the league now and cannot win Jack squat. The EEs are well you know lol.
Walby stated on the game day show with DB, that the Esks now have 9 starters in the game today that they didn't have when we first played them early in the season....when we were still relatively healthy.   The shoe is on the other foot now and he expects a closer game and doesn't take them or Chris Jones lightly.   As much as I absolutely HATE Edmonton, I agree with Chris.    His insights and player analysis are usually spot on....

I still hope we throttle them!!!   
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on October 08, 2022, 07:22:20 PM
Can't reason with him nor can you understand that post.  Seen these types of posts in the past about Hall and our defense and it wasn't true then and certainly not isn't now.

Oilers have had a bad run but on the cusp of greatness again.  Great year last year and good things to come.  They now have a top goalie and defense looks reasonable and have some good training camps battles for the bottom six which may continue to be a weak point.

You would if you understood soft coverage. Too much cushion. Dane Evans completed 78% of his passes two weeks ago.

But everything is always butterflies and roses regardless of what is right in front of you.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Anyone know how many season tickets are sold this year?

My buddy guessed 23 or 24k

I thought closer to 20, we have no idea lol

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

buckzumhoff

buckzumhoff

Yesss.  Demski. Demski Shoen.  Nice passes by Collaros and running by Oliveira

barbk

Why is Grant letting the balls go over his head?  I noticed this last game as well. 

buckzumhoff

Him and Taylor been doing that quite a bit. I dont know why. A few times they lost sight have the ball and also didnt play deep enough

northof30

Quote from: barbk on October 08, 2022, 11:40:30 PM
Why is Grant letting the balls go over his head?  I noticed this last game as well. 
I?ve noticed the same thing. Strange strategy!