Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg October 8, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, October 07, 2022, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

This is an important game to enhancing the Blue Bombers opportunity to finish in first place in the west.

It is not a "must win" game but it is a very winnable game and, if the Bombers, are successful in this game, will go a long way to ensure we end up in first place.

Edmonton is currently 4 points behind Saskatchewan and in last place in the west.  Even it they have improved since the beginning of the season, they are not on the same level as the Bombers.  And, we are playing at home.

This is a game where the Bombers can put a choke hold on 1st place and put enormous pressure on the Lions who do not have Rourke leading the team.

With all that in mind, the Bombers should come out the winners and, as always, it will require an all around team effort coupled with home fan support to bring about a victory.

For the Bombers...

In:  #42 Karamoko, #54 Adams

Out: #36 Thompson, #93 Wilcots II

Depth Chart is here...

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1578384668185055234/photo/1

And the message is......Let's Go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

The Zipp

LB?s as per depth chart:

Gauthier
Briggs
Cole
Cadwallader
Bighill
Maruo
Kramdi
Rutledge

If you would have told me in June that would be our crew in October I would have predicted our record to be 2-12?

Thankfully Darby may slide in there?? Or is he replacing Holm?

Holm and Parker are going to get picked on is my guess and we will get run on to some degree.

I think this lineup can and will beat the Elks...Stamps or BC in the playoffs will be much tougher to stop with those LB's and secondary with Holm and Parker.

GOLDMEMBER

Zipp is on point other than the 2-12 prediction to me. The addition of Darby is just massive. Rutledge and Kramdi should I hope solidity holes.

Feed Brady a lot  in this one. Getting cold out there need that run game to turn it up a notch!

Curious to Leggs perform all his duties in 5 degree weather..

GO BOMBERS GO
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bluegold4life

What's up with Darby? We trade for a starter that we need in the secondary big time, he knows Hall's defense but is placed know the one game IR.

Is it an injury we didn't know about?
Did he get injured during practice?
Is he simply not game ready yet?
Are we saving him for the playoffs?

Sorry I'm just kind of confused as to why we trade for a starter that we need in the secondary and one game him immediately. I get that we are playing one of the worst teams in the league but I'm not comfortable with Holm, Parker as starters (even though they slightly improved last game). Rose has also not been very good all year and Kramdi at SLB is a mystery.

As a huge BB fan I'm worried about our defense heading down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Pigskin

Quote from: bluegold4life on October 07, 2022, 07:13:01 PM
What's up with Darby? We trade for a starter that we need in the secondary big time, he knows Hall's defense but is placed know the one game IR.

Sorry I'm just kind of confused as to why we trade for a starter that we need in the secondary and one game him immediately. I get that we are playing one of the worst teams in the league but I'm not comfortable with Holm, Parker as starters (even though they slightly improved last game). Rose has also not been very good all year and Kramdi at SLB is a mystery.

As a huge BB fan I'm worried about our defense heading down the stretch and into the playoffs.

C, he is not game ready yet. Reports earlier in the week said he would not be playing in this game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bluegold4life on October 07, 2022, 07:13:01 PM

Even for a player that was here in 2021, there needs to be an adjustment to be ready in so short a time. Knowing the defence and playing instinctively rather than reactionary might take a week.  There are also a few players he needs to become comfortable with that weren't here in 2021.

I would think by the time we play the Lions, he'll be starting without any issues.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Strange they put Rutledge behind Kramdi.  Why televise that your SAM still has injury problems?  Very not MOS-like.  (And I don't think it's for ratio reasons.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

EDM has nothing left.  O is run down.  D is pretty lame on a good day.

We literally have to do just 2 things:
1) Stop Borwn
2) Stop Mitchell

That's it.  Do those 2 things (ok, maybe add 1b. don't let Corney run) and it'll be 40-3.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2022, 04:54:46 AM
Strange they put Rutledge behind Kramdi.  Why televise that your SAM still has injury problems?  Very not MOS-like.  (And I don't think it's for ratio reasons.)

Or maybe MOS didn't like the way Rutledge played in the last game and is sending a message.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2022, 04:57:08 AM

1) Stop Borwn
2) Stop Mitchell

That's it.  Do those 2 things (ok, maybe add 1b. don't let Corney run) and it'll be 40-3.

They also have to protect Zach, Ceresna and company are pretty good at getting after the QB.

DM83

The dopey rope a dope defense Hall used a few years ago has reared his ugly head.
The Hamilton game was the most pansy like defense like it was a few years ago, with that what?s his name db who went home during the bye and never came back.

The main bad DB player is ??.well you know the flower. He is non competitive.  Does he have a broken heart? Man the guy has lost three steps.  Is he injured .

bwiser

I think that if the Bombers can get the early lead on the Elks they will cave quickly. If this game is about clinching first the crowd and the team will be really fired up and it could be a blowout.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2022, 04:57:08 AM

1) Stop Borwn
2) Stop Mitchell

I do hope you're right as I just do NOT like Edmonton of ALL the CFL teams.    That intense dislike stems from the days when Edmonton brandished itself with the "City of Champions" sign when they were so dominant in both the CFL and the NHL back in the 80s.    That sign always stuck in my craw as I entered the city limits.
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on October 08, 2022, 01:15:25 PM
The dopey rope a dope defense Hall used a few years ago has reared his ugly head.
The Hamilton game was the most pansy like defense like it was a few years ago, with that what?s his name db who went home during the bye and never came back.

The main bad DB player is ??.well you know the flower. He is non competitive.  Does he have a broken heart? Man the guy has lost three steps.  Is he injured .

I dunno what you're talking about but you deserve some kind of award for this post.