SSK @ HAM - the final showdown

Started by TecnoGenius, October 06, 2022, 09:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

I think SSK gets creamed.

Dunbar out for HAM.  That changes the dynamic a bit, but not enough to save SSK.  I didn't see Dunbar get injured, so not sure what's up.  He's their best receiver IMHO, though T.White has more stats I think.

Also no P.White (KR/PR/WR), but that's not a surprise.

HAM is dressing Wilcots immediately.  Howsare still in.  Guess they needed more depth.  Not sure who Carney is, but that Bennett NAT kid behind him has been looking pretty good.  HAM dressing 6 DEs!!?

HAM is only dressing 2 QB.  Newman out.  Also out are some familiar good names: Lawrence (the other one), Randle, Autry.

SSK starting Cooper at RB, and still not dressing that new groined-up IMP.  Duke is out, now on 6 game IR, most think he's gone for good, not to be re-signed.  Other than that, no big surprises for SSK (good riddance).

Winner of this game most likely wins that final East spot.  Desperation time for both teams.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Depth-Chart-Roster-10-07-22.pdf
https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-Depth-Chart-Game-16-at-Hamilton.pdf
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Wow, Wynn is out for HAM too!  I wonder if HAM thinks this is an easy out -- they are keeping a bunch of great players on the IR.  How many are really unable to start?  You would think they have to throw everything at this game and then the 2 OTT games.

HAM picked the wrong time to get injured.  The only team that isn't suffering important injuries late in the season this year is CGY... that makes them the most dangerous team in the playoffs.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2022, 09:19:26 PM
Wow, Wynn is out for HAM too!  I wonder if HAM thinks this is an easy out -- they are keeping a bunch of great players on the IR.  How many are really unable to start?  You would think they have to throw everything at this game and then the 2 OTT games.

HAM picked the wrong time to get injured.  The only team that isn't suffering important injuries late in the season this year is CGY... that makes them the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

My prediction was a Bomber/Stamp WF at home.....we've beaten them 3 times....4 times is difficult because they are a good team and Maier is for real.    They have Logan and Carey carrying the rock and both are explosive....plus a very fine corp of receivers lead by Malik Henry.   They have a great offence and their D comes to play.    If this game happens it will likely be a dog fight down to the wire....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

SSK pooped the bed in the final showdown and are virtually guaranteed to be out of the playoffs in their home-GC year.  Riderland it going apoplectic as we speak.  I gotta find and tune into that Ballsy radio show...

Who gets fired first?  Prez, GM O'Day, HC Dickenson The Lesser, or no-play Maas?
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Maas what a sour looking guy. He did not do much to help the QB out.
Their Gm didn?t get any worthwhile players.
Dickerson was fine, again no decent players.
Williams embarrassed himself. He should retire, or skulk back home and work out.  He was terrible.

dd

Williams is the most over rated receiver in the league. If it wasn?t for his helmet swinging , spitting in players faces, sideline fiascos, and of course his holding on every run play to his side, would we ever be talking about him?? If sask cuts him, nobody would pick him up, sad part is I don?t see them cutting him.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 09, 2022, 02:32:01 PM
Williams is the most over rated receiver in the league. If it wasn?t for his helmet swinging , spitting in players faces, sideline fiascos, and of course his holding on every run play to his side, would we ever be talking about him?? If sask cuts him, nobody would pick him up, sad part is I don?t see them cutting him.

D.Walker gives Williams a run for his money in the expensive-but-useless category.

Many of these guys get "Chris Matthews Syndrome": light up the CFL, go to the NFL, get rejected, return to the CFL... they then proceed to be a shadow of their former selves.

Is it like Matthews where they are just totally disinterested -- going through the motions?  It's like they lost all hunger and drive and just don't care.  Maybe they think they are too good for this.  Maybe they have so much money already they really don't care.  Maybe they should just stay down south.

Or, like Matthews, maybe Williams is now perennially beat up and tub-dwelling, looking hurt after every tackle.  So is it head or body?  Maybe both.  Either way it's sad.  Maybe superstar CFL rookies should look at the final results of these things and consider just staying in the CFL and being the next Milt (looking at you Schoen).
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 10, 2022, 04:35:12 AM
D.Walker gives Williams a run for his money in the expensive-but-useless category.

Many of these guys get "Chris Matthews Syndrome": light up the CFL, go to the NFL, get rejected, return to the CFL... they then proceed to be a shadow of their former selves.

Is it like Matthews where they are just totally disinterested -- going through the motions?  It's like they lost all hunger and drive and just don't care.  Maybe they think they are too good for this.  Maybe they have so much money already they really don't care.  Maybe they should just stay down south.

Or, like Matthews, maybe Williams is now perennially beat up and tub-dwelling, looking hurt after every tackle.  So is it head or body?  Maybe both.  Either way it's sad.  Maybe superstar CFL rookies should look at the final results of these things and consider just staying in the CFL and being the next Milt (looking at you Schoen).

Derel Walker has had a decent season, and has been a key Elks target especially when Lawler has been out, much improved over his apathetic performance last season.  He's still a very good receiver and if his price has dropped from his peak pay days with the Argos, he'd be a good future replacement for Schoen or Ellingson.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2022, 04:10:17 PM
Derel Walker has had a decent season, and has been a key Elks target especially when Lawler has been out, much improved over his apathetic performance last season.

But he's not allowed to have just "decent seasons".  When you're #1 in the CFL and go to the NFL, you should come back and be at least top 3 or top 5 in CFL.  Walker/Williams/Matthews (and I'd expect Zylstra if he ever comes back) coming back and looking middle-of-pack for the salaries they asked for is just not good enough.

Lawler has put Walker to shame in EDM this year in terms of tough catches and highlight reels.  Let's hope Lawler doesn't make the same NFL mistake.
Never go full Rider!

Norm W

Had a dream last night, nightmare actually. The Riders stumbled and bumbled there way into the crossover spot and then somehow manage to put together two wins and get to the Grey Cup game. You guessed it, the nightmare part... Listening to the Rider fans after their ridiculously bad team continues to stumble and bumble their way to the upset win of the century on their home field  :'(
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

theaardvark

Quote from: Norm W on October 11, 2022, 03:10:30 PM
Had a dream last night, nightmare actually. The Riders stumbled and bumbled there way into the crossover spot and then somehow manage to put together two wins and get to the Grey Cup game. You guessed it, the nightmare part... Listening to the Rider fans after their ridiculously bad team continues to stumble and bumble their way to the upset win of the century on their home field  :'(

Its OK if the Riders make it to the GC, we will have Home Field advantage...

;)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Rest easy Norm.  Rough Riders wont win another game with Fajardo and Maaass.  No Maaas!.

Do their fans have to go out to their stadium one more time?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on October 13, 2022, 02:40:29 PM

Ya, that proposition is not sitting well with the Riders Forum fans.  Some think it'll be empty.  I guess if you wanted to go you could snag tickets real real cheap  ;D

It'll be interesting to see the attendance next year.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: DM83 on October 13, 2022, 02:40:29 PM
Rest easy Norm.  Rough Riders wont win another game with Fajardo and Maaass.  No Maaas!.

Yes yes they do against the Stamps October 22, which could be a pointless game if the TiCats beat the Stamps tomorrow. The season ticket holders should go anyways lol. Could be a very very empty building for that late fall night game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!