Trade deadline Oct 5, 5:00

Started by theaardvark, October 03, 2022, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, with two sellers in the league, is anyone in a position to buy?

Or is everyone happy where they are, and relying on next man up going forward?

Is cap space a concern anywhere, or have teams saved on 6 game what they need to make deals?

Do some teams need a little push to get over the top?

Which players are on expiring contracts (most of them) that other teams covet?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Let's raid the Redblacks:

1. Kanneh at HB

2. (If Rutledge is toast) Levels at SAM.

OTT will need lots of ammo to rebuild, surely they will trade IMP stars for DPs...

We cannot go into the playoffs with NATs at 2 LB positions and only NATs at depth.

And when is Ellingson back?  If never, might want to peek at OTT/EDM receivers.  Darvin anyone??  Or, I hate 'em but he might want to win a quick GC: how about D.Walker.  McCrae/Boo are good enough for regular season, but we need more beef for the playoffs.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

pjrocksmb

Bring in a guy or two but gotta get a deal, over paying not an option for me, prefer someone young

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 03, 2022, 11:23:41 PM
Give me

DT Ceresna

DB Darby
it would be amazing if we could both these players! Massive boast to the D.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Give me

DT Ceresna

DB Darby

Ceresna is a good idea and real possibility (being in EDM).

Darby is impossible unless HAM severely blows it next game.  It won't matter anyway because HAM won't know it's out of playoffs until after the deadline.

We basically have only 2 teams guaranteed to be out of the playoffs before the deadline.  Almost certainly the 3rd team will be SSK, but if they trade away someone good right now before their final games the fans will go apoplectic that they've given up all hope.

It's funny, I find myself now wanting another WPG/HAM GC this year... It is possible.  It would be another game where I'd be happy with either team winning.
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Texted in the coach's show tonight and asked the question "are the bombers looking into trade deadlines on October 5th", MOS replied we got a good football team.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: barbk on October 04, 2022, 02:06:50 AM
Texted in the coach's show tonight and asked the question "are the bombers looking into trade deadlines on October 5th", MOS replied we got a good football team.

Of course that what he will say, what else. But whether the Bombers will trade for a player or two, its not his job. It's Walters.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 04, 2022, 02:06:50 AM

Ya, a good football team with 13 on the IR... That includes 8 that I would call our superstars.  Actually, 14 and 9 if we add Rutledge this week.

It's all well and good, but like MOAB says, KW could make some plays for trades without MOS consulting/knowing.

I'm telling you, we aren't rolling into the playoffs with 2 NATs starting at LB.  It's not happening.  So either we get Wilson back pronto, or new, vet blood will be brought in.

I can't recall us ever starting a NAT at SAM!!  Someone said maybe move BA to SAM and start Hallett.  That might work, but is not ideal.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 04, 2022, 02:04:16 AM

In what mad world do people think Chris Jones is going to trade his best DT to Wpg.?  Maybe if they offer him Jefferson.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 04, 2022, 02:04:16 AM

Darby is impossible unless HAM severely blows it next game.  It won't matter anyway because HAM won't know it's out of playoffs until after the deadline.

We basically have only 2 teams guaranteed to be out of the playoffs before the deadline.  Almost certainly the 3rd team will be SSK, but if they trade away someone good right now before their final games the fans will go apoplectic that they've given up all hope.

It's funny, I find myself now wanting another WPG/HAM GC this year... It is possible.  It would be another game where I'd be happy with either team winning.

What makes you think the Riders won't be the crossover team?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 04, 2022, 02:47:00 AM
In what mad world do people think Chris Jones is going to trade his best DT to Wpg.?  Maybe if they offer him Jefferson.

He is a pending free-agent. There's no guarantee he will re-sign in Edm.

Pigskin

Even if the Bombers are making a trade, MOS would never play his hand.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Give me

DT Ceresna

DB Darby
Please get Santos Knox
All would be great additions cuz we need to stuff Stamps running game in the playoffs
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

M.O.A.B.

IIRC, Santos-Knox burned the bridge when he left Winnipeg.