Paul Lapolice Fired

Started by ModAdmin, October 01, 2022, 06:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Austin85 on October 01, 2022, 11:11:01 PM
Bring Lapo back to Winnipeg, next year as a coach.  He is a great offensive mind.

Lapo is that you?  ;D

dd

Bring Lapo back to Winnipeg, next year as a coach.  He is a great offensive mind.
How can you say he has a great offensive mind?? Based on what??? Ottawa?s vanilla dink and dunk offense??!! I keep hearing how he?s a great offensive mind, but in Ottawa I saw the most boring, play it safe, 2 and out offense ever. If he was such a great offensive mind, he would have been able to generate offense and points, he didn?t. So I challenge the statement he s a great offensive mind. If anything, his offense is offensive to watch!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Pass the dink and dunk can go away. Buck is more aggressive and proofs in the pudding.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

M.O.A.B.

Fajardo fits Lapos dink and dunk  ;D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 01, 2022, 07:37:17 PM
His record as a head coach is 22-50 and those numbers speak for themselves....albeit he did get us to the Grey Cup in one of those years as our head coach.    Good luck to him and he will end up somewhere in the CFL....maybe back with the Riders after they clean house management wise!

I had thought about Riders stealing Buck as HC (a bad move for both) and then us grabbing Lapo as OC, but hadn't thought of Riders bypassing Buck and just getting Lapo as OC.  Might depend if Dickenson The Lesser can keep his job.  I think Maas has to go, or Cody has to go (or both).  It's intriguing that Lapo might end up back in SSK.

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on October 02, 2022, 12:06:48 AM
Fajardo fits Lapos dink and dunk  ;D

It's actually true.  Cody would do great in a Lapo OC system, just as he did better in a McAdoo system.

If we lose Buck, I'm all over bringing Lapo back as OC.  Otherwise, some other team will hire him as OC.  He won't work HC again... and he shouldn't.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

If Im Lapo though I'll take TSN's job

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 01, 2022, 07:49:48 PM
You're applying 20-20 hindsight there. MOS' first two seasons were 7 wins, then 5 wins & he didn't lose his starting QB in week 3.

MOS' 7 then 5 is still miles above Lapos 3 then 3 wins...  Heck, 7 is about 2022 SSK territory and 5 is almost good enough to make playoffs in the east.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on October 01, 2022, 09:42:11 PM
How does Benevides feel to be passed over? Knowing him, he is somewhat unhappy, haha. Does Dyce have any hope in Hades of keeping the job past this year? If not, add Benevides to your TSN list there Goldie.

Dyce will flounder, I'm guessing.  There might be a "new guy" brief surge, but it will fade.  OTT might also gain from any nothing-to-play-for games in the final weeks.  That might make Dyce look better than he is.

Benevides is just like Lapo: good at coordinator, bad at HC.  I can't see Bene getting HC role again, as much as I like the guy.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Pretty standard to make the special teams coach the interim head coach. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on October 02, 2022, 12:41:51 AM

Question is who are they going to bring in as their HC in the off-season, no names spring to mind so I think they will elevate a coordinator from a successful team again.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on October 02, 2022, 12:41:51 AM
maybe Kilam in Stamp town gets a crack at HC in Ottawa?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

I m thinking Killam will get a look, but Khari Jones will be the HC and he'll bring in Baron Miles with him and they'll start over in Ottawa I m thinking Khari would be a good fit for Arbuckle and he'd develop nicely under him.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 09:33:48 PM
TSN will have to many options!

BLM retiring? Lapo jobless! Who else?

I "heard" Rod Black wants to come back! ;)  :D :D ;D ;)

ichabod_crane

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 01, 2022, 11:55:01 PM
Pass the dink and dunk can go away. Buck is more aggressive and proofs in the pudding.

I agree. Bucky and Collaros work together much better as Buck is more aggressive in his play packages and calling. I will say though that Lapo did what he could to fit the offence to Nichols skills and max it out. Nichols never had the strongest of an arm to complete the longer passes accurately. If he had Collaros (in his current playing form) earlier he probably would have adjusted the offence to be more aggressive possibly.

Only way I see Lapo coming back is if Buck moves on somewhere in the off season. Could be a head coach job opening coming up in Sask too unless they make some miraculous turn around to end the season.

BLUEBOMBER

Nice guy but he just wasn't HC material.  He would make a decent OC somewhere next season.  My guess is that Saskatchewan might give him a shot to bring back some decency in that locker room.