Rider at Blue Bombers pre game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 25, 2022, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

@EdTaitWFC
1h
The @Wpg_BlueBombers
back to work after bye week. Not practising: Greg Ellingson, Drew Wolitarsky, Jackson Jeffcoat, Demerio Houston
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 26, 2022, 05:51:09 PM
@EdTaitWFC
1h
The @Wpg_BlueBombers
back to work after bye week. Not practising: Greg Ellingson, Drew Wolitarsky, Jackson Jeffcoat, Demerio Houston

Bombers are practising 3 days + walk through this week. So it's not impossible that we see some vets getting an extra day off. Woli and Jeffcoat being the two that could fall into that category.

Which players are practising that have been off recently? Players like Hansen, Clements or Wilson for example. Any word on them yet?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Let's hope Jeffcoat is a maintenance day or two. Honestly offence has done well with Ellingson out, and BOLO has been showing progression, our concerns seem to be defensive. But as mentioned Holm and Parker will have 3 full practices and some "quality" film to review from last week. Alaxander has another full week of practice to communicate better, I expect them to play better. The D-line if Jeffcoat is out does scare me. Faj is mobile and containing him and pressuring him is a key to beating the Riders. If you let him "spin" and get away from pressure, he makes things happen.

Pigskin

This will be GE2's 5 games missed on this injury. So, he might start to practice next week.

Might head to practice tomorrow to see what our new DL looks like.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

I would be very surprised to see Jeffcoat play this week.. his injury appears to be reoccuring regularly and likely needs more time to completely heal. Last game I couldn't see a specific incident, it just appeared as if he couldnt get a push off. From what we've seen of Wilcox I dont think he can supply the needed pressure. Likely Hall will have to scheme. Wilcox's main role will be to keep Fajsrdo from going wide

DM83

Just bring in one of the Hallett Bros and line him up as a spy. of Fajardo.
Someone remind Hall that Fajardo cant throw deep with any accuracy,
their line cant block, so any pattern (intermediate) will take time to develop (Take a inside shade, as Fajardo seems to have trouble on mid range passes)
Bring Pressure (ever since the injury he is extremely doomed back in the pocket)

The spy lays off and when he spins out, he spy would be there,

Put me in coach, defending the Riders should be a gimme.

Now if I am  Sask,  I run the ball up Biggies ***.  Anyone else been asking the question "Where is Bighill?"
And I still want him, but our other LBs are pretty week, as is Rose.  Hallet should be back at safety, and move Alexander to someplace that requires less mobility.  He is not recovered yet to be himself

Blue In BC

As usual the daily IR report is useless. 8 players listed and each one listed as " DNP ".
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Apparently Hickson broke his wrist and will be out. Also apparently Domagala got a DUI and was arrested and the Riders have suspended him.

gobombersgo

Duke Williams is backing practicing for the Riders.

ModAdmin

Dan Clark is back taking reps for the Riders. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

If no Hickson and no Morrow, then SSK is in deeeeep trouble.  That was their only hope vs WPG.

Duke may still take another week to ease into things.  In any event, he's a clown and their other WRs are better.

Clark is a big boon for SSK if he plays.  Their OL was one of the worst in the league as it stood.  Clark will shore it up.  But will he dress come Saturday?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 26, 2022, 05:57:41 PM
Bombers are practising 3 days + walk through this week. So it's not impossible that we see some vets getting an extra day off. Woli and Jeffcoat being the two that could fall into that category.

Which players are practising that have been off recently? Players like Hansen, Clements or Wilson for example. Any word on them yet?

I mean, Jeffcoat sounds like a bad loss but he really hasn't been great this year. Signed that big contract and then got a little comfortable. We'll still miss him, but what we really miss is 2021 Jeffcoat.

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 27, 2022, 01:23:07 AM
I mean, Jeffcoat sounds like a bad loss but he really hasn't been great this year. Signed that big contract and then got a little comfortable. We'll still miss him, but what we really miss is 2021 Jeffcoat.

And the kongbo rotation...

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 27, 2022, 01:26:38 AM
And the kongbo rotation...

Kind of? But it's not significant. 4 sacks in 26 games and basically a tackle a game player. Made sense as a Canadian rotation guy but certainly not good value if he was an American rotating. Not a major factor in the drop off this year I would argue. Jeffcoat, whether hurt or not, has been the main difference.