Week 14 Pickem Result Options

Started by Go Big Blue, September 13, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Big Blue

An unfortunate web site problem closed the Week 14 Pickems before everyone had a chance to register their picks. The following is a list of possible scenarios to choose from so everyone playing is recognized.

Option 1: Cancel Week 14 which does not recognize the members that took the time to analyze their choices and submitted their picks on time.
Option 2: Give the members that were not able to submit their picks on time 3 points and all the ones that submitted their picks on time would be as submitted.
Option 3: TechnoGenius had a good suggestion to use picks submitted on an alternate Pickum website, if you were not able to register in time, as the same picks submitted on this website. This option would take some research to be fair to all members.

I am sure other members would have alternate option ideas but whatever choice the admistrators make we will have to live with. The bottom line is the Bombers were the big winners in the 2022 Banjo Bowl.

Respectfully submitted by "Go Big Blue" who had, along with some other members, 4 of the Week 14 Pickems correct.
The "Selkirk Milkman" Cec Luning's "Moo Cow" Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.

Tee42

Can we see the results for this week? Also, how many were not able to submit their picks?
Maybe omit this week from the standings pending how many picks not being able to be submitted
Perhaps adding a deadline to submit picks

pjrocksmb

All options are reasonable

I'm not in running to win so I feel I don't have a strong say

blueraid

TBURGESS

How many people who usually pick didn't get a chance to pick? If it's less than 5, then go with the picks and give those people 3 points.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

jdrattops

Find the average for those who submitted in week 14, and then round down.  This will work out to either 2 or 3 points to those who didn't get in.  Or just give them 3.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Tee42 on September 13, 2022, 01:38:18 PM
Can we see the results for this week? Also, how many were not able to submit their picks?
Maybe omit this week from the standings pending how many picks not being able to be submitted
Perhaps adding a deadline to submit picks
There is a deadline already. People are required to submit /revise picks before the start of each game.

For the record I wasn't able to get my picks in. Like alot of people I normally send in my picks the day of the 1st game of the week.

I was 3 of 4 for the week (entered picks on Pickems, Morning Big Blue among other contests).

Throw Long Bannatyne

I missed the boat entirely, usually wait to see the game day roster before picking, I'd vote for option one.

Pigskin

I was told by the Mod. that there scrapping week #14.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

barbk

There were 29 members who had their picks for week #14 before the forum went down on Wednesday.  Since week #12 we had an average of 41 people having their picks in, kronic and blue or die hadn't submitted their picks from that week so 12 members didn't get their pickems in before the forum went down.  I don't think its fair to those who didn't get the chance to put their pickems in because I did state you have until kickoff on game day.  On option #2 it says to give the members 3 points who were unable to submit their picks, why 3 and not 2 or 4?  There were 7 members who got 2 out of 4 correct, I don't see how this is fair to them?  So the members who didn't get to submit get 3 points?  Here is the breakdown in week #14 who submitted....     9 out 29 got 4/4 correct.....  13 out of 29 got 3/4 correct  7 out of 29 got 2/4 correct.  

Either way this sucks and isn't fair to anyone so my vote is option #1.

This is what I have recorded and am waiting for the Mod Admins to let me know what should be done after discussions or a final decision.  

theaardvark

To be fair, scrapping the week would make sense... not just for the people that missed picking, but for people that wanted to change picks...

I'm good either way, but scrapping it seems the only fair thing to do.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: barbk on September 13, 2022, 05:05:04 PM
There were 29 members who had their picks for week #14 before the forum went down on Wednesday.  Since week #12 we had an average of 41 people having their picks in, kronic and blue or die hadn't submitted their picks from that week so 12 members didn't get their pickems in before the forum went down.  I don't think its fair to those who didn't get the chance to put their pickems in because I did state you have until kickoff on game day.  On option #2 it says to give the members 3 points who were unable to submit their picks, why 3 and not 2 or 4?  There were 7 members who got 2 out of 4 correct, I don't see how this is fair to them?  So the members who didn't get to submit get 3 points?  Here is the breakdown in week #14 who submitted....     9 out 29 got 4/4 correct.....  13 out of 29 got 3/4 correct  7 out of 29 got 2/4 correct.  

Either way this sucks and isn't fair to anyone so my vote is option #1.

This is what I have recorded and am waiting for the Mod Admins to let me know what should be done after discussions or a final decision.  

I was sending my Grandson's picks into the Mod. by email. On Saturday morning I was told that they were scrapping week #14 picks.

bomb squad

Shaking my head at some of these posts. There is only one obvious course of action. Wouldn?t matter if it was 14 people or only one who didn?t get their picks in. What I would like to see going forward though is having one deadline only for all of the weeks picks.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bomb squad on September 13, 2022, 05:26:15 PM
Shaking my head at some of these posts. There is only one obvious course of action. Wouldn?t matter if it was 14 people or only one who didn?t get their picks in. What I would like to see going forward though is having one deadline only for all of the weeks picks.

Picking without seeing the gameday roster is risky, especially when it comes down to which QB might be starting.  Case in point Hamilton and BC.

Pigskin

My grandson has done very well this year, and he does like to look at the injury list.