Winnipeg and Sask coming up

Started by Blue72, August 21, 2022, 12:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue72

The way Sask players have been playing, is it wise to leave Zac in for whole game especially back to back. Marino for one would love to take Zac out and we need Zac around. But the question is will our HC pull his starter even if we have a lead? Sask took out Rouke and I think Ottawa's starter, plus spitting into players faces. Does Dickenson have control over his players?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue72 on August 21, 2022, 12:57:28 AM
The way Sask players have been playing, is it wise to leave Zac in for whole game especially back to back. Marino for one would love to take Zac out and we need Zac around. But the question is will our HC pull his starter even if we have a lead? Sask took out Rouke and I think Ottawa's starter, plus spitting into players faces. Does Dickenson have control over his players?
Huh!?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Play your best players to win...you can't play scared.

If we get up or down by a huge number sure pull your starters

Big Daddy

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 01:19:51 AM
Play your best players to win...you can't play scared.

If we get up or down by a huge number sure pull your starters

I agree.

I do see what Blue72 is getting at though - with Marino back, can you imagine if he goes hard to take out Collaros with a dirty play?  Hate to say it, without Zach we are in tough.

But gotta play to win, I agree.  If a big lead is there, we let backups play like anyone would.

But can't play scared.

dd

I would love to see Marino taken out!!! A nice cutblock would do the job!,

TecnoGenius

We get SSK 3 times.  Twice at home.

It's an interesting idea on what to do with Zach.

SSK is going to be stoked to win LDC.  They will pull out all the stops.  They have a tough schedule and need a win some here and there, and that might be their best shot.  Although, if BC totally stinks without Rourke (a very good possibility), SSK might pull off a win the week before in BC, easing the pressure a bit.

But yes, I wouldn't put it past SSK to play on/over the edge and really rough at the LDC.  I know their hold-brigade will be out in force.

But you can't start Brown mid-season for no reason.  Maybe we can go up big time by the half and rest Zach.  Our D should eviscerate Cody or Fine and put us in very good position all game.

If we win just 2 of the 3 vs SSK (the 2 at home) then we don't have to worry about them in the standings.  And if Rourke is out during our next BC game, after that we can start thinking about starting Brown a whole lot.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Well we would probably go with Procup, as Zacs replacement.
But the forum posters are missing the point.

Zacs OLine kind of sucks.  Leading with Grey
The Bombers were not as good as their inflated 9-0 record.

The second half of the season will tell who the contenders are Vs the pretenders.

I suspect all the teams will be bringing in cuts. Maybe a guard and speed receiver.

Pigskin

Quote from: DM83 on August 21, 2022, 05:41:30 AM
Well we would probably go with Procup, as Zacs replacement.
But the forum posters are missing the point.

Zacs OLine kind of sucks.  Leading with Grey
The Bombers were not as good as their inflated 9-0 record.

The second half of the season will tell who the contenders are Vs the pretenders.

I suspect all the teams will be bringing in cuts. Maybe a guard and speed receiver.

Would that be Gray
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Waffler

I kind of agree. There is always bad blood in these games. Last Banjo bowl had a brawl that produced six penalties and two ejections. That said, you have to be sure you win the game first before resting starters. I am very nervous Sask will take cheap shots all game. They have settled on the cross over by now haven't they? It's not like a playoff where they have to maintain any kind of discipline. Wouldn't be surprised if guys are getting paid to take out opponents, it seems that kind of culture. I have no proof of course, just that the regime seems to encourage it.

Here's the Banjo Bowl incident.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1436799958913593349
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on August 21, 2022, 01:52:10 PM
I kind of agree. There is always bad blood in these games. Last Banjo bowl had a brawl that produced six penalties and two ejections. That said, you have to be sure you win the game first before resting starters. I am very nervous Sask will take cheap shots all game. They have settled on the cross over by now haven't they? It's not like a playoff where they have to maintain any kind of discipline. Wouldn't be surprised if guys are getting paid to take out opponents, it seems that kind of culture. I have no proof of course, just that the regime seems to encourage it.

Here's the Banjo Bowl incident.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1436799958913593349

I think Zach will have to reduce his wild scrambling and make sure he gets rid of the ball quicker when they play the Riders, they can't legally hit you if the ball is long gone.  This will cut down the long ball offence somewhat, but they won't need really need it to beat the Riders, as long as the running game is working the Bombers have plenty of receivers that work well in tight and mid range.  Time for Demski to catch fire again.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 21, 2022, 04:29:35 PM
I think Zach will have to reduce his wild scrambling and make sure he gets rid of the ball quicker when they play the Riders, they can't legally hit you if the ball is long gone.  This will cut down the long ball offence somewhat, but they won't need really need it to beat the Riders, as long as the running game is working the Bombers have plenty of receivers that work well in tight and mid range.  Time for Demski to catch fire again.

Our OC needs to call some quicker release passes. However we're still going to see some longer attempts to hit the deeper passes which might include Collaros scrambling. The real issue is for him to know when to cut bait. That's a slippery slope but there have been times when we're screaming to just get rid of the ball.

All of that considered we need the OL and RB to block better. Any QB can potentially get injured on what seems to be a simple play. Masoli and Adams on 6 game IR. Fajardo, Evans, Harris and now Rourke have had injury issues. Even Collaros has missed a few plays after the spotter had him pulled.

We were somewhat lucky in 2021 that Collaros was virtually the only QB that didn't experience a significant injury or loss of time playing as a result.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Prokup is #2 on the chart, but Brown has showed us the glimmer of starter potential in game one.  Prokup is a capable #2, and short yardage guy, but if we were to have to sit Zach for any period, for any reason, I'd far prefer to have Brown come in. 

If there is a QB in our system that is the heir apparent to Zach, its Brown.  Prokup is nice to have around, but he's proven to not be a long term prospect as starter on three different teams.  Brown, on the other hand, is younger and might just have it.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2022, 04:51:35 PM
Our OC needs to call some quicker release passes. However we're still going to see some longer attempts to hit the deeper passes which might include Collaros scrambling. The real issue is for him to know when to cut bait. That's a slippery slope but there have been times when we're screaming to just get rid of the ball.

All of that considered we need the OL and RB to block better. Any QB can potentially get injured on what seems to be a simple play. Masoli and Adams on 6 game IR. Fajardo, Evens, Harris and now Rourke have had injury issues. Even Collaros has missed a few plays after the spotter had him pulled.

We were somewhat lucky in 2021 that Collaros was virtually the only QB that didn't experience a significant injury or loss of time playing as a result.

Agree, Zach's extended scrambling also leads to more legal hits being absorbed while releasing the ball and these can be just as damaging as sacks.

the paw

This whole thread is making the cardinal error of looking past an opponent.  In this case, a dangerous one.

Y?all need to brush up on your jinx protocol.
grab grass 'n growl

blue_or_die

Quote from: the paw on August 21, 2022, 10:29:00 PM
This whole thread is making the cardinal error of looking past an opponent.  In this case, a dangerous one.

Y?all need to brush up on your jinx protocol.

You may not be superstitious, but you are a little stitious?
#Ride?