Sara Orlesky Moving Over to Jets

Started by Ridermania, August 16, 2022, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridermania

Jesse

I hate this.

But good for her, I guess. More stability working for an organization as opposed to waiting for the next round of media cuts.
My wife is amazing!

drahgon

Quote from: Jesse on August 16, 2022, 04:35:32 PM
I hate this.

But good for her, I guess. More stability working for an organization as opposed to waiting for the next round of media cuts.

Agreed, similar to when Ed Tait went to the Bomber's from the Free Press.

Lincoln Locomotive

Yes both the fans and the players appreciated her interviews.....she always asked pertinent questions!  Very classy reporter in every way!
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Good for Sara. She has enough air miles. lol
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Absolute class act. As a Jets fan I'm happy I'll be getting to see her in at least some capacity throughout the long hockey season. However, I'll miss her in both Jets and CFL broadcasts.

She's just a good 'ol Winnipeg gal and is great for Canadian sports. Happy for her and yes, better this than worrying about getting her walking papers randomly one day like everyone else who works for Bell.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Sucky. I?ll miss man hands on  the CFL. HEY Sara can you open this Corona for me? Oh yah sure man.

Good for her.

I guess we get more electrified Clair Hanna  :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Why?  She thought she was gonna get cut?  Or pulling a Cuthbert: going after a better offer?

Sara was kind of a fixture.  I'm actually quite shocked and bummed out by this.

Uh oh, they had some little 18-year old looking newbie lady doing the sideline interviews in (I think) a SSK game a couple of weeks back (not Hanna).  She was awful!  I bet she's being lined up as the replacement.  Heaven help us.  She was really annoying and literally the only one in the league still doing the mask thing.

You can't replace Sara O.
Never go full Rider!

dd

I wish her well.

Lisa laflamme got dropped, no loyalty whatsoever in the business world for a dedicated, loyal employee. Sickening.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on August 17, 2022, 11:10:54 PM
I wish her well.

Lisa laflamme got dropped, no loyalty whatsoever in the business world for a dedicated, loyal employee. Sickening.

What does LaFlamme getting canned by CTV/Bell have to do with Orlesky's new job?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 18, 2022, 02:01:50 PM
What does LaFlamme getting canned by CTV/Bell have to do with Orlesky's new job?
they did ultimately work for the same company. As CTV owns TSN. It sounds like they?re doing lots of cuts. So Sarah might?ve escaped the ax. Probably was a good move for her professionally in multiple ways.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 18, 2022, 03:23:33 PM
they did ultimately work for the same company. As CTV owns TSN. It sounds like they?re doing lots of cuts. So Sarah might?ve escaped the ax. Probably was a good move for her professionally in multiple ways.

Bell, CTV's parent company, has been making cuts for well over a year ago - TSN was one of the first to really get gutted. Orlesky was supposedly hired by the Jets a couple of months ago but it was kept under wraps as she trained her replacement with TSN.

I don't know if LaFlamme getting fired is related. I do agree this move for Orlesky is good for her, though, both professionally and personally.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 18, 2022, 05:29:41 PM
Bell, CTV's parent company, has been making cuts for well over a year ago - TSN was one of the first to really get gutted. Orlesky was supposedly hired by the Jets a couple of months ago but it was kept under wraps as she trained her replacement with TSN.

I don't know if LaFlamme getting fired is related. I do agree this move for Orlesky is good for her, though, both professionally and personally.
who is here replacement?

DM83

Sara was knowledgeable! WHAT a great reporter! Pretty woman, Intelligent.
Best move Chipman has made.
Nothing much impressive seen as a replacement.
Please hire someone who is not a goofus.

Stretch

Quote from: DM83 on August 18, 2022, 09:06:46 PM
Please hire someone who is not a goofus.

I heard that one of the interview questions for Sara's replacement is "You're not a goofus, are you?"  ;D
Money is no object...especially when you have none.