Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2022, 09:59:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers re-sign future Hall of Fame left tackle Stanley Bryant  (Read 1375 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« on: January 22, 2022, 01:08:24 AM »

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms on a new one-year contract with all-star offensive tackle Stanley Bryant.

The six-foot-five, 306-pound blocker was named to the CFL all-star team for a sixth time in 2021 at left tackle. He was also named the CFL?s Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman and in so doing became the first player in league history to win the award three times. He had previously been honoured in 2017 and 2018 was the runner-up for the award in 2019.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/21/blue-bombers-re-sign-future-hall-of-fame-left-tackle-stanley-bryant/,
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 01:37:42 AM »

Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL's Most Outstanding Lineman Stanley Bryant

WINNIPEG, MB., January 21, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract with all-star offensive tackle Stanley Bryant.

Bryant (6-5, 306, East Carolina; born: May 7, 1986 in Goldsboro, N.C.) is one of the most decorated linemen in Blue Bombers and Canadian Football League history.

Named to the CFL All-Star team for a sixth time in 2021 at left tackle, Bryant was also selected as the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman and in so doing became the first player in league history to win that award three times, after having previously been honoured in 2017 and 2018 was the runner-up for the award in 2019.

Bryant was also named the Blue Bombers Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman for a fifth time in 2021 and has been so honoured seven times in his career, including in 2011 and 2013 as a member of the Calgary Stampeders.

Bryant has been a mainstay on the left side of the Bombers offensive line since first signing with the club as a free agent in 2015. He was part of an offence that led the CFL in scoring in 2021 and anchored a unit that surrendered the fewest quarterback sacks while helping three different running backs compile the second best rushing totals in the league this season.

As durable as he is dominant, Bryant had dressed for 103 consecutive games for the Bombers since his arrival in 2015 before that streak was snapped as he was rested for a game against Montreal in November.

He has now appeared in 169 regular season games with the Bombers and Stampeders and has three Grey Cup championships to his name: 2021 and 2019 with Winnipeg and 2014 with Calgary.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pete

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 01:44:15 AM »

Great week for us! All the Bomber outstanding players signed. Can almost hear the moaning from Saskatchewan
the paw

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 02:16:47 AM »

This is ridiculous.  How is Walters doing it?  I mean I figured Stan was already making big money and didn't really want to go anywhere, but this retention rate is unbelievable.

grab grass 'n growl
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 03:09:24 AM »

Essential signing

Boyz are back!

Alexander Couture then Harris (reduced salary incentive laden perhaps) then Lawler up next..

Gettin to the nitty gritty already!

We will need to locate a new corner with good hips, ball skills, and awareness replace Alford
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 03:11:30 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 03:12:08 AM »

Great week for us! All the Bomber outstanding players signed. Can almost hear the moaning from Saskatchewan

it is sweet!  Cool

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 04:28:18 AM »

Incredible that we got all our MOPs back.....now we need to secure the running back position because we make our living running the ball, especially in the fourth quarter.     This will be interesting.....then there's still a lot left to sign....but I'm liking it very much so far.    Good job Mr. Walters!

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Jesse

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 04:35:11 AM »

Obviously one of the most critical signings, but the one I worried about the least.

Stan the man was always coming back.

My wife is amazing!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 04:40:42 AM »

Obviously one of the most critical signings, but the one I worried about the least.

Stan the man was always coming back.
who are the players you worry most over?    I'm thinking Lawler, Alexander, Bailey for starters

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 05:17:18 AM »

who are the players you worry most over?    I'm thinking Lawler, Alexander, Bailey for starters
I think fat chance we get both WR stand outs back.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 05:45:39 AM »

Lawler might try for huge coin elsewhere, but it will have to be big $$.

I'll go out on a limb and predict Bailey stays and doesn't ask for the world.  Bailey bounced through so many teams (in many leagues) and finally found a real home with us.  I think he likes the family.  I think he's the sort that values that.  If we make Bailey a fair offer, he'll take it.  You need to look into their character... I always love Bailey's passion, even MOS is amazed by it.

KEEP GOING, DO NOT STOP, I CAME FROM THE BOTTOM, ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP, WE'RE ABOUT TO WIN THIS THING MAN!  -- Bailey, GC 2019, epic

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 05:54:30 AM »

Bryant: monster.  Future HOFer?  Gonna need a lot of clay for that bust!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool

I'm not surprised at all we got him.  Why would he want to leave?  Why pull a Chungh or Bond and go suck turf on substandard teams?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I wonder what the money was...

So far one thing stands out with the re-signings: we aren't having trouble keeping the boys together.  Almost certainly indicates they want to be here, and for fair money, without asking for the world.  This is a reflection of the "MOS locker room" culture for sure.  Tons of these guys could get big raises heading off to the weaker, desperate teams.  But they're not... (Remember how many great players left TOR & SSK after their GCs! Or even CGY with its many.)

But money realities say we must lose at least 1-3 "important names" just to make $M$ work out.  There's gotta be some position(s) we are forced to risk it on some new ELC IMPs that hopefully McManus & crew have scouted up.  But hey, our scout track record has been amazing for at least 3-4 years now, so I'm confident it will all work out (just look at the DB signings for 2021!).

(Maybe we can make up some money by offering cheaper contracts to the IR guys like Maston, Jovan, etc.)

Never go full Rider!
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 06:04:59 AM »

Currently, I?m most worried about Couture and Lawler.

They are guys that could make bank in FA and could find success on other teams.

Alexander is an interesting see because he?s so good, but plays a position that doesn?t pay well. So he might be expecting ore than he?s going to get, but Walters pays a fair rate so I have high hopes a deal will get done.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 06:32:03 AM »

Currently, I?m most worried about Couture and Lawler.

They are guys that could make bank in FA and could find success on other teams.

Ya, but is C an in-demand position?  Isn't that the "easiest"?  Have we been underpaying Couture?  Funny thing is I know almost nothing about him personally, never seen a presser, doesn't do interviews, no one quotes him.  He's quite a mystery.  I'll take your word for it he's a flight risk.  We always seem to lose a good hoggie every off-season.

Who would be our C if Couture bails?  Eli?

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 01:03:00 PM »

It's been a great week of re-signing players this week. Bryant is the best OT in the CFL and rarely misses a play.

Still many great players to get resigned: Alexander, Bailey, Couture, Darby, Harris, Oliveria, Grant, Richardson, Hansen, Jones, Benson and Rose.

A few on the list I'd like back but not so sure it's possible in our SMS: Lawler, Augustine, Castillo, Desjarlais, Eli and Taylor

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: