Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2022, 10:57:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggie's back!  (Read 2272 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »

Whoever told you Biggie retired was obviously full of beans. Maybe he meant Adams?
actually the guy might not be all there and I guess this is proven. Half the locker room was like WHAT!?!? Not just me.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »

He probably said he resigned, when he meant to say he re-signed.

Wink
nope he said retired actually. Going out on a high he said. Sheesh!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bludan

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 11:40:07 PM »

Sounds like Bighill signed for $160 plus incentives.  Heck of a bargain if you ask me!
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 11:42:25 PM »

Sounds like Bighill signed for $160 plus incentives.  Heck of a bargain if you ask me!

Excellent deal if accurate.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 12:05:15 AM »

Great signing, funny how some dumped on him early season and all he did was dominate
Lol
Jesse

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 01:07:18 AM »

Insane number.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 03:11:10 AM »

when everyone is celebrating the big signing, why bring up something stupid someone said months ago and likely regrets saying it. Why? Why she?d a negative light on a positive moment?? Don?t pick old scans, just let them heal.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 03:17:11 AM »

Great dealAll you can do is personally attack someone x2 for no reason while being wrong at the same time.  I stated facts, you got cross not sure why.  Again the thread is about Biggie not me, best to stay on topic. 
Great contribution to the thread, was this sarcastic too? lol
sometimes you over-react to modest critique or when someone disagrees with you.....sometimes better to say eff it and let it go.....just sayin'
And yes, I can even agree with you....not always but sometimes....dare I say, a lot of the time and not take it personally when we don't, both of us?! 

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 03:49:05 AM »

nope he said retired actually. Going out on a high he said. Sheesh!

Maybe he meant Biggie got new radials for the SUV?  Wink

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  There were some early season complaning about his tackling.  No reason to go on the attack, this thread is about Biggie not me.

From my memory, there was no complaining about Biggie in 2021.  There may have been some talk pre-season / early season about how Biggie had tackling problems in 2019 and we hoped he got better and was showing improvement.  I was one of the "Biggie has no upper body strength" group in 2019.  And I was worried about it in the (1.5 year) off-season, and I'm sure I talked about it going into the '21 season, but always in the past tense.

In 2021 Biggie was looking like 2017 Biggie again.  He had none of that lingering arm strength / tackling issues.  Biggie was pretty amazing from day 1 of the season.  That's why he won MODP; super consistent top-line performance.  Some of his plays in the mid-season games were simply amazing.  Lot of fun to watch.  It might have been one of Biggie's best seasons; topped with another ring!

So I think that's what pj is remembering.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 04:13:44 AM »

You gotta hand it to Biggie: a guy his age with some lingering injuries a couple of years back trains his butt off over the covid year, can stretch better than anyone in the league, and eats in film like a QB; goes out and looks like a 24 year old rising superstar out there in 2021.

If I had to pick 1 Bomber player to point my kids to as a role model in all aspects of life, it's Biggie.  What a great icon for the CFL.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 12:58:55 PM »

when everyone is celebrating the big signing, why bring up something stupid someone said months ago and likely regrets saying it. Why? Why she?d a negative light on a positive moment?? Don?t pick old scans, just let them heal.
Fair comment
sometimes you over-react to modest critique or when someone disagrees with you.....sometimes better to say eff it and let it go.....just sayin'
And yes, I can even agree with you....not always but sometimes....dare I say, a lot of the time and not take it personally when we don't, both of us?! 
Good advice, I over react to personal jab, PTSD from the seasons prior to our cup run where I was flogged lol
Maybe he meant Biggie got new radials for the SUV?  Wink

From my memory, there was no complaining about Biggie in 2021.  There may have been some talk pre-season / early season about how Biggie had tackling problems in 2019 and we hoped he got better and was showing improvement.  I was one of the "Biggie has no upper body strength" group in 2019.  And I was worried about it in the (1.5 year) off-season, and I'm sure I talked about it going into the '21 season, but always in the past tense.

In 2021 Biggie was looking like 2017 Biggie again.  He had none of that lingering arm strength / tackling issues.  Biggie was pretty amazing from day 1 of the season.  That's why he won MODP; super consistent top-line performance.  Some of his plays in the mid-season games were simply amazing.  Lot of fun to watch.  It might have been one of Biggie's best seasons; topped with another ring!

So I think that's what pj is remembering.

You have a good summary here but there was early season criticism of his play

Biggie won't retire but he might retread lol

Now back to our regular scheduled program
post what you love / support for Biggie biggie biggie can't you see now we have #1d+, sorry mods for the derail
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:50:59 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 03:04:32 PM »

Nope, never happened. No criticism of AB4 in 2021. There was some fans questioning his play in 2019, after he came back from injury, but never in 2021. AB4 was a rock solid from day 1.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 03:10:33 PM »

Biggie at $160k, ZC8 at $550k... I guess it averages out... now with our "big ticket" players signed, we know what the budget is for the rest.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 03:31:20 PM »

Biggie at $160k, ZC8 at $550k... I guess it averages out... now with our "big ticket" players signed, we know what the budget is for the rest.

Bryant is still a very big budget....The best tackle far and away in the league
Couture is pretty big budget guy
Lawler is a pretty big budget guy

And a few other top level guys like NI RB's
BA and our other DB's
Woli

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »

Bryant is still a very big budget....The best tackle far and away in the league
Couture is pretty big budget guy
Lawler is a pretty big budget guy

And a few other top level guys like NI RB's
BA and our other DB's
Woli

True...and lets not forget the best safety in the league....Alexander is a beast back there creating fear and havoc!

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: