Blue Bombers Forum
December 09, 2022, 12:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not comfortable with statement  (Read 3267 times)
Tiger

« on: January 16, 2022, 03:21:14 PM »

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/15/push-the-cap-glen-suitor-wants-riders-to-load-up-on-playmakers-for-home-grey-cup-even-if-it-means-a-little-bit-of-a-fine/

So everyone should blow the cap?  Just pay the fine? To what effect?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Ducky

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:41 PM »

I was just coming here to comment about it.  TSN should NOT ever allow him to cover a game after this.  Obvious bias is obvious but blatantly calling for his favourite team to break the rules to win.  Ridiculous. 
RebusRankin

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »

Unprofessional and he should be let go. Imagine Aikman or Romo advocating for the Cowboys to do this.
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »

We all know Suit's is a homer. Must have killed him to watch the Bombers walk into Regina, not once but twice and beat them in the playoffs. Then there's the big come back victory this year and back to back Grey Cups. Neither of which we had to cheat to win. So if you have to cheat to win in Glen's eye's that's okay as long as it's the Riders??  

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Horseman

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 05:06:04 PM »

Suitor is a Rider homer, he should be fired, then maybe he can get his dream job on the Rider radio channel during their games where he can sing their praises all game long, and be loved by the Banjo pickers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 05:10:12 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
the paw

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 05:31:47 PM »

This is seriously no big deal.  He?s only saying what he would do in O?Days place, if he were in it.  Everyone knows that is exactly what Taman did, and you could literally see the same thing posted here weekly when we were trying to break the drought.

I don?t think stating the obvious affects his colour commentary on games.  For goodness sakes, we?ve had Lapo, Benevides, Barker and Duane Forde all doing broadcasting while they have been angling for GM or HC jobs.  That?s way less transparent.

grab grass 'n growl
Waffler

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 06:06:24 PM »

This is seriously no big deal. 

The cap is a very big deal. For league survival, there is none bigger.

Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light when all
grows dark. - Pierce Brown

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 07:25:35 PM »

Tool! Needless pointless comment. Shows how bright the guy is?  Cheesy

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Ducky

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 09:48:40 PM »

This is seriously no big deal.  He?s only saying what he would do in O?Days place, if he were in it.  Everyone knows that is exactly what Taman did, and you could literally see the same thing posted here weekly when we were trying to break the drought.

I don?t think stating the obvious affects his colour commentary on games.  For goodness sakes, we?ve had Lapo, Benevides, Barker and Duane Forde all doing broadcasting while they have been angling for GM or HC jobs.  That?s way less transparent.

This is not a fan making this statement.  It was a former player that is a main commentator on the national tv contract.  Inexcusable.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 11:54:48 PM »

A complete dufus!   

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 02:35:11 AM »

Maybe he is shedding light on the Riders exploitative habits.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 03:40:35 AM »

I understand what he?s saying?if you?re ever going to load up on FA, now the time since you?re hosting s grey cup. Suggesting they pay a little fine is advocating they break the rules and is irresponsible at best. Disappointed in Suits as he?s a huge league fan but what he said was wrong.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 03:50:17 PM »

They went over the cap the last time they won on home soil so I suppose the playbook is out there.
blue_gold_84

For The W

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 03:55:47 PM »

They went over the cap the last time they won on home soil so I suppose the playbook is out there.

Suitor is just catering to his base. The green homers in SK will lap it up while simultaneously ragging on other franchises who have done the same.

This is poor form by Suitor, even if it's not unexpected. His inability to be objective and impartial deters from his colour commentary on TSN, IMO.

#forthew

Slava Ukraini!
theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 04:29:08 PM »

So, Milt should be fired for homerism too?

I see nothing wrong with his statement.  Using the rules, and the allowed overage / fines to help secure an appearance in teh GC at home (and make HUGE bank that will easily pay the fines) is just good business, and solid use of the rules. 

The rules are there, you can choose to pay fines or not pay fines as you see fit. 

Homerism is part of the CFL, sorry.  And it is not like he's hiding his bias... again, like Milt...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: