Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2022, 10:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kongbo gone  (Read 2723 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 10:45:38 PM »

He will be back. He is wasting his time trying out for NFL. He fits better as END in the CFL especially on the BB
Not a waste at all.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Yeah really wasting his time taking a shot at playing in the best football league in the world, one that many college players never even get a chance to work out for, let alone get a contract. What a silly decision
A wee bit negative, long shot yes but he still might get a sniff

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 03:37:03 AM »

He will be missed but certainly not irreplaceable.  Let Hall find us another talented cheaper player that is younger and can do the same job.
Sec223

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 11:09:51 AM »

He will be missed but certainly not irreplaceable.  Let Hall find us another talented cheaper player that is younger and can do the same job.
I don't Hall is the guy that finds new players.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 01:02:47 PM »

Any opportunity a player gets in the NFL is a good thing. To state otherwise is just asinine.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 01:08:13 PM »

A Canadian player that was essentially a rotational starter is not easy to find. Go ahead and name the last Canadian DE we had that could do that effectively?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »

He left once and returned. Makes sense for him to give the NFL another shot and if it doesn't work out I'd expect him to return to the CFL, sign a pretty decent sized contract as a full time Canadian DE starter.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »

A Canadian player that was essentially a rotational starter is not easy to find. Go ahead and name the last Canadian DE we had that could do that effectively?

Trent Corney was almost there when he quit and Jamaal Westerman who he subbed for was an outstanding Canadian DE at the time.

Stumbled upon the name Craig Roh, surprising he has not re-emerged in the league as he was a solid DE and is still only 30.  Does anyone remember if he was still on the team when they won the Cup in 2019?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:10:07 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 06:00:06 PM »

Not a waste at all.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
A wee bit negative, long shot yes but he still might get a sniff
I was being sarcastic
GCn19

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 07:13:21 PM »

Trent Corney was almost there when he quit and Jamaal Westerman who he subbed for was an outstanding Canadian DE at the time.

Stumbled upon the name Craig Roh, surprising he has not re-emerged in the league as he was a solid DE and is still only 30.  Does anyone remember if he was still on the team when they won the Cup in 2019?

Yes, Roh played 2019.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 07:29:10 PM »

Roh was a real nice guy, but he is not a NAT.... so not really a Kongbo swap in... but if EDM has in fact released Boateng... he would be.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »

Yes, Roh played 2019.

I know he was not in the rotation later in the season, replaced by Jeffcoat, Kongbo and Hansen and I don't believe he was injured.  Was he an official scratch?  Hopefully he received his ring and playoff bonus.
the paw

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 08:05:36 PM »

Rob was in rotation early in 2019, while Kongbo was still rehabbing.  Roh finished 2019 on the IR.

He has been a Product Manager for Skip the Dishes for a few years.  He also has an amazing twitter feed where he provides instruction on d-line technique.  Would not be surprised to see him take a run at coaching.

grab grass 'n growl
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 08:26:17 PM »

Rob was in rotation early in 2019, while Kongbo was still rehabbing.  Roh finished 2019 on the IR.

He has been a Product Manager for Skip the Dishes for a few years.  He also has an amazing twitter feed where he provides instruction on d-line technique.  Would not be surprised to see him take a run at coaching.

Thanks, does he still live in Wpg?  I recall he moved his family to Wpg. from Vancouver when he first signed.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 10:13:02 PM »

I was being sarcastic
sorry man, my bad, now that I read it again I kinda see it

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 04:08:50 AM »

Jamaal "dumb penalty" Westerman?  Jamaal "often injured" Westerman?  Ya, he didn't do too much after leaving here.  Pity, he did show promise (if he could have solved his 2 troubles).

Did Corney ever actually start?  It seemed like he was always the scratch IIRC.  Like Faith... the favorite scratch.  And who was that other scratch guy a few years back?

I know he was not in the rotation later in the season, replaced by Jeffcoat, Kongbo and Hansen and I don't believe he was injured.  Was he an official scratch?  Hopefully he received his ring and playoff bonus.

Roh was actually very good.  I was a big fan.  Thanks for the memory-jog, ya I think he was IR and he was rah-rahing on the sidelines and going over video with the DL.  I remember him in the GC telling, I think Willie, how amazing his play was one time.  IR gets the ring, I do believe, but maybe not the playoff $$?  He may have been healed by year end but we needed to go Kongbo for ratio (with Fatboi) once Alexander became permanent FS.

The biggest problem with Roh was he was good but not super great, and he had the wrong passport for a good-but-not-great player.  Kind of like an Ian Wild.

Roh was a good guy.  You guys are right, coaching could be in his future.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: