Blue Bombers Forum
December 02, 2022, 04:01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers extend contract of offensive lineman Chris Kolankowski  (Read 2120 times)
3rdand1.5

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »

We have 3/4 of our D-line signed, plus some rotation guys...less Kongbo for now ( I think he will be back this season) We have 50% +/- of our O-line back plus some rotation pieces, I really want to hear Bryant's name soon.
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 02:24:13 PM »

We have 3/4 of our D-line signed, plus some rotation guys...less Kongbo for now ( I think he will be back this season) We have 50% +/- of our O-line back plus some rotation pieces, I really want to hear Bryant's name soon.

Not trying to be negative but we only have about 7 or 8 of our 24 starters signed at the moment.  No QB's, no DB's, no RB's and only 1 receiver and 1 LB.

Lots of work to be done.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 02:49:40 PM »

Not trying to be negative but we only have about 7 or 8 of our 24 starters signed at the moment.  No QB's, no DB's, no RB's and only 1 receiver and 1 LB.

Lots of work to be done.

Everybody wants to be paid for winning their second Grey Cup, I expect at least half to check out their value in F.A. and maybe half of that number come back to the Bombers anyway, change is inevitable.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 03:25:43 PM »

Lots of work to be done.

Understandable, but IMO the trenches  (outside of QB arguably) are where the games are won ands lost. It is early so at this time I am focusing on the trenches only, then let the pieces fall after that (ZC not included)
DM83

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »

I wouldn't sign anywhere but here.  They deserve raises, but make them performance based..  Maybe $ some. Minimum raises.  Biggy and Zac maybe included more so, but in relation to the. dE bookends.

Wasn't Bryant one  of the first re-signed?  Or was that last year.?   Give him what he wants!
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 04:30:58 PM »

I wouldn't sign anywhere but here.  They deserve raises, but make them performance based..  Maybe $ some. Minimum raises.  Biggy and Zac maybe included more so, but in relation to the. dE bookends.

Wasn't Bryant one  of the first re-signed?  Or was that last year.?   Give him what he wants!

Perfomance based bonuses in a hard cap league are suicide.  If everyone meets their criteria (which is what the bonuses are meant to do), you are screwed.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 02:15:21 PM »

Perfomance based bonuses in a hard cap league are suicide.  If everyone meets their criteria (which is what the bonuses are meant to do), you are screwed.

No it's not. You just budget your SMS as if the players will obtain bonus. If they do, perfect, if they don't, you may have some money for signing bonuses to sign guys at the end of the year for the following year. In reality there is probably some mathematical logic that gets applied to deals that allow GMs to forecast their bonus risks.
theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 07:49:59 PM »

No it's not. You just budget your SMS as if the players will obtain bonus. If they do, perfect, if they don't, you may have some money for signing bonuses to sign guys at the end of the year for the following year. In reality there is probably some mathematical logic that gets applied to deals that allow GMs to forecast their bonus risks.

Sure, if you budget your SMS based on everyone achieving their bonuses... but when posters suggest "performance based bonuses", they generally aren't taking that into consideration, thinking that the base salary is what is being paid out. 

Plus, alary plus performance bonuses are going to be substantially higher than guaranteed salaries, so if you are going to calculate your SMS with all bonuses being made, you are hamstringing yourself.  Better to make the commitment to the lower amount...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: