Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2022, 06:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I?m going to miss Alford - we hardly knew thee :) - wish him all the best  (Read 1137 times)
Tiger

« on: January 11, 2022, 01:03:49 AM »

What a great rookie year.  Falcons also signed Lenius from the Riders.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/10/atlanta-falcons-sign-cfl-all-star-db-deaundre-alford/

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 01:22:26 AM »

Not surprised but still sucks for us. They said best flipper of the hips of any corner they seen in a while.

Really want need Rose and Jones back! Not to mention Nichols.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
kkc60

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:31 AM »

Hopefully he can stay healthy and get a proper shot, he has talent
blue_or_die

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 02:05:30 PM »

So happy for him. Underrated player his whole life and then wins an open job out of camp in a little place called Winnipeg, becomes and all star and wins a championship, gets the eyes of the NFL and now signing with his home state team.

Love love love these stories and how the CFL plays such a role in the greater football community. A loss for us to be sure but man am I ever happy for him. So deserved.

Sign Rose in Alford's spot and we are still golden, though.

Rose-Nichols-Alexander-Taylor-Jones would be ideal in 2022.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 03:27:15 PM »

So happy for him. Underrated player his whole life and then wins an open job out of camp in a little place called Winnipeg, becomes and all star and wins a championship, gets the eyes of the NFL and now signing with his home state team.

Love love love these stories and how the CFL plays such a role in the greater football community. A loss for us to be sure but man am I ever happy for him. So deserved.

Sign Rose in Alford's spot and we are still golden, though.

Rose-Nichols-Alexander-Taylor-Jones would be ideal in 2022.

Nichols still has NFL window and interest, the rest will be coming at a premium we may not be able to afford.   Especially with the success we've had, other GM's will be salivating come FA season... and no doubt, some will take the Sayles route.  Hopefully, the Sayles scenario might be used to help out recruiting efforts, and when everything else is close, than culture might be worth the $5-10k another GM might offer... especially if its a team without solid post season potential... most of these players have just finished cashing $23k cheques...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 01:47:31 AM »

Out of all the NFL-bounders, Alford has the best chance of sticking.  Good for him.  Bad for us.  He's a fair bit smaller than NFL wants, but his talent might make up for it?  We'll see.

Keeping Jones16 is both doable and now required.

Never go full Rider!
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 03:10:48 AM »

Out of all the NFL-bounders, Alford has the best chance of sticking.  Good for him.  Bad for us.  He's a fair bit smaller than NFL wants, but his talent might make up for it?  We'll see.

Probably will have to put a little weight on, but he should be okay
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 03:37:48 AM »

Keeping Jones likely was always in the cards

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: