Blue Bombers Forum
October 05, 2022, 09:29:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Winnipeg showed they really cared about me and wanted me" | Jeffcoat  (Read 2201 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: January 09, 2022, 12:43:56 AM »

"Winnipeg showed they really cared about me and wanted me" | Jeffcoat stays in Winnipeg

....."It's hard to put into words how great of a place Winnipeg is," Jeffcoat said "It's just special, from the fans, from the organization, just how people are willing to help, to the culture of the team - the guys love each other. We work hard and hold each other accountable and are always trying to be better and leave our egos at the door and we just get to work.

"And then you've got a head man in (Mike) O'Shea who knows how to win, he's been there before, he's always studying, always getting better... every year I've been there I feel like he?s become a better head coach and I feel like I've become a better player every year I've been in Winnipeg. There are so many good things I could say about the city and the team. It's another home away from home, just like Austin became for me........

More on Jackson Jeffcoat's appreciation of Winnipeg, the Blue Bombers and the fans is here!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:42:06 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Tiger

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 02:42:12 AM »

Very nice

I am a big fan and. Becoming bigger fan

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 03:32:01 AM »

I am glad to heave him back! Feeling is mutual.

Hes a cool cat.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 03:56:20 AM »

Starting to really dislike Hodge... why the negative headline, when the entire article is about how great the Bombers have been to him.. the only reference to "not recruiting" is that he wants his brothers to make the best decision for themselves...  he wants them all to come back, but wants them to take best advantage of their opportunity...  this is just bad headline writing and makes it sound like Jeffcoat doesn't appreciate what the Bombers have done for him, which is the exact opposite of the article, which says he was going to explore FA, but the Bombers let him know how much he meant to them...

John Hodge@JohnDHodge

Jeffcoat happy to be back in Winnipeg but won?t play recruiter for Blue Bombers

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/08/jeffcoat-happy-to-be-back-in-winnipeg-but-wont-play-recruiter-for-blue-bombers/

#Bombers | #ForTheW | #Winnipeg | #CFL

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 06:00:27 AM »

That's an awesome thing to say about the coach....the team....the entire organization and the city!   He had a brilliant year and the front 4 should have another great year.....now go and get Stove signed as he is the X factor in our front 4!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:01:43 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 03:50:01 AM »

Starting to really dislike Hodge... why the negative headline, when the entire article is about how great the Bombers have been to him.. the only reference to "not recruiting" is that he wants his brothers to make the best decision for themselves...  he wants them all to come back, but wants them to take best advantage of their opportunity...  this is just bad headline writing and makes it sound like Jeffcoat doesn't appreciate what the Bombers have done for him, which is the exact opposite of the article, which says he was going to explore FA, but the Bombers let him know how much he meant to them...

John Hodge@JohnDHodge

Jeffcoat happy to be back in Winnipeg but won?t play recruiter for Blue Bombers

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/08/jeffcoat-happy-to-be-back-in-winnipeg-but-wont-play-recruiter-for-blue-bombers/

#Bombers | #ForTheW | #Winnipeg | #CFL
3DN provides a lot of CFL news, but also churns out lots of clickbait
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 03:57:17 AM »

What a team: J&J.  Willie obviously was the big money FA grab and performed like it, but Jeffcoat has almost caught up!  If it was Willie for $300k or Jeffcoat for $150k (assuming we can't have both), I'd take Jeffcoat.  Both will be top-5 (or top-3) DEs for years to come.

I think Willie plays better with Jeffcoat around: he's always being pushed harder because he can't let Jeffcoat surpass him.  Not to mention teams have no idea how to block both DEs simultaneously...

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »

What a team: J&J.  Willie obviously was the big money FA grab and performed like it, but Jeffcoat has almost caught up!  If it was Willie for $300k or Jeffcoat for $150k (assuming we can't have both), I'd take Jeffcoat.  Both will be top-5 (or top-3) DEs for years to come.

I think Willie plays better with Jeffcoat around: he's always being pushed harder because he can't let Jeffcoat surpass him.  Not to mention teams have no idea how to block both DEs simultaneously...

Combo is key

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:49 PM »

Combo is key

Its spelled Kongbo

Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 02:13:00 AM »

Combo is key

You could very well be correct... let's hope we don't find out!!  Grin

I think back to how badly Odell floundered on all those other teams...

Pro tip to players: Never Leave Winnipeg!  Wink Wink

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 03:14:50 AM »

You could very well be correct... let's hope we don't find out!!  Grin

I think back to how badly Odell floundered on all those other teams...

Pro tip to players: Never Leave Winnipeg!  Wink Wink

Not true Odell had his best CFL season with EE in 2014, he also had a very good season in 2015.

2014:  31 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 int's , 2 td's, 5 FF.

5 years with EE he had 126 tackles, and 46 sacks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:21:47 AM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 09:26:29 AM »

Not true Odell had his best CFL season with EE in 2014, he also had a very good season in 2015.

2014:  31 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 int's , 2 td's, 5 FF.

5 years with EE he had 126 tackles, and 46 sacks.

Uh, wasn't Odell's season in 2015 beside Willie J??  Guess the DE motto isn't "don't leave Winnipeg", it's "don't leave Willie J".  Except DBs, DBs is definitely "don't leave WPG", a la Sayles.

Ok, change my post to "Odell in BC"... (and didn't he make 1 other team stop before BC where he also sucked?)

Never go full Rider!
Pigskin

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »

No stops between EE and BC. Odell played 2 years in BC. had 45 tackles and 15 sacks. Not bad for a a guy that was 37 in his last year with BC.

Odell Willis was just an outstanding player.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jesse

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »

Uh, wasn't Odell's season in 2015 beside Willie J??  Guess the DE motto isn't "don't leave Winnipeg", it's "don't leave Willie J".  Except DBs, DBs is definitely "don't leave WPG", a la Sayles.

Ok, change my post to "Odell in BC"... (and didn't he make 1 other team stop before BC where he also sucked?)

O'dells first season in BC, he had 11 sacks.

And then, in his age-35 season, it seemed like he went down another gear.

He had a grear career and had success wherever he played. No reason to denigrate him. I personally hated it when he left.

My wife is amazing!
Jesse

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 02:12:36 PM »

No stops between EE and BC. Odell played 2 years in BC. had 45 tackles and 15 sacks. Not bad for a a guy that was 37 in his last year with BC.

Odell Willis was just an outstanding player.

Outstanding.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: