Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

1/6 of a season isn't much of a sample size, at this stage of the season in particular. He's still completing his passes above his career average, FWIW.

I think as he continues to build chemistry, especially with new receivers, we'll see an increase in his completion rate - even if it's only marginal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

M.O.A.B.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

6'6" receiver Carlton Agudosi has re-joined the #Bombers and is added to the practice roster.

DM83

where is this tall drink of water going to play?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 30, 2022, 03:22:03 PM
Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

6'6" receiver Carlton Agudosi has re-joined the #Bombers and is added to the practice roster.

No depth chart available yet but I think this might be an indication Demski is out for awhile, if another Natl. receiver goes down they may have to reshuffle the ratio.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 30, 2022, 01:19:19 AM
You're referring to the QB that had the highest QB efficiency rating in 2021. The highest number of TD passes thrown and a completion of 70.2%. Only Harris was slightly higher at 70.3%

I watch games too but I have a different opinion.

Yup, he won MOP for a reason.

This year however, probably due to increased pressure, he's been chucking a number of passes into coverage. There have been more than a few that should have been picked off. I have faith that we'll figure it out, but in the three games that we have seen so far, he hasn't looked quite the same.
My wife is amazing!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 30, 2022, 05:24:38 PM
No depth chart available yet but I think this might be an indication Demski is out for awhile, if another Natl. receiver goes down they may have to reshuffle the ratio.

They can still start  Brandon O'Leary Orange as (8th Canadian) backed up by Agudosi (or Harrison)

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 30, 2022, 05:33:15 PM
They can still start  Brandon O'Leary Orange as (8th Canadian) backed up by Agudosi (or Harrison)

Yeah, that could go either way. If they activate another import then they have to delete one import.

I'm still of the mind that we might see Walker return and Wilcots off this week. Then there is the question of depth on both the OL and at receiver.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 30, 2022, 06:49:21 PM
Yeah, that could go either way. If they activate another import then they have to delete one import.

I'm still of the mind that we might see Walker return and Wilcots off this week. Then there is the question of depth on both the OL and at receiver.

I don't know how casually players can be flipped on and off the P.R. now, as their contract is essentially terminated
each time they are released and a new contract is registered each time they re-join the roster.  Do the agents get a cut each time they re-sign???  They used to say a player was "on waivers" and other teams had the option of signing them before they were moved to the P.R., but you never hear that term now, and teams never sign them when they are in transition.  I don't know what the rule actually is, but it could be part of the "unwritten rules" guideline the CFL attempts to follow.

Blue In BC

I'm hearing Demski is being place on 6 game IR!!!!!!!! I know he can potentially come off early but this is horrible news. This was reported on 3rddownnation today.

Well that answers one question regarding injury and probable starter in O'Leary-Orange.  What that does for domino affect on the roster is a TBD for the moment.

An ankle injury can be very limiting for any player. Recovery can take significant time in some cases. Unfortunate to lose such a talented player and key cog in our offence.

In theory we should be adding a Canadian from the PR but this may cause a switch with some import.

Only a couple of Canadian DB's on the PR unless Briggs is coming off of 6 game IR early.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

ND10 to the 6 game, JH51 wore his jersey to practice in support... I really wanted to see a shot of that... and I finally saw on, at the end of this clip about favourite Canadian snacks...

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=1145809166277824
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers add two offensive linemen to practice roster

WINNIPEG, MB., June 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today that the club has signed American offensive linemen Ryan Nelson and Tyler Witt to the practice roster.

Nelson (6-6, 331, Virginia, August 6, 1999 in Buena Park, CA) joins the Blue Bombers after a four-year college career with the Virginia Cavaliers. Nelson started an impressive 49 straight games beginning in 2018 and helped solidify the Cavaliers offensive line. In 2020, Nelson was apart a leader on an offensive line that was ranked first in the ACC in protection. Nelson was named as a 2021 Phil Steele Fourth Team All-ACC.

Witt (6-2, 305, Purdue, November 17, 1997 in Joliet, IL) joins the Blue Bombers after one season with the Purdue Boilermakers and the previous three with Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. Witt made an immediate impact at Western Kentucky playing in each game as a freshman and starting 6. He would go on to start in all 25 games over the next two seasons. The offensive lineman transferred to Purdue to play out his final year of eligibility. Witt finished his college career as a top offensive lineman for the Boilermakers and was named to the Wuerffel Trophy Watch List.

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers transactions

WINNIPEG, MB., June 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Carlton Agudosi

Transactions:

2022-06-30   WPG   DEMSKI, Nic   WR   N   Manitoba   Transfer To   Injured
2022-06-30   WPG   NELSON, Ryan      N      Add To   Free Agent
2022-06-30   WPG   NELSON, Ryan      N      Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-30   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Add To   Active Roster
2022-06-30   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-06-30   WPG   AGUDOSI, Carlton   WR   A   Rutgers   Add To   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming

#Bombers announce Nic Demski has been placed on the 6-Game Injured List - this does not mean he will necessarily miss six games, but he may.

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers Transactions - July 1, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., July 1, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from roster:

American defensive back Tyquwan Glass

Transactions:

2022-07-01   WPG   GLASS, Tyqwan   DB   A   Fresno State   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming    @DarrinBauming
The #Bombers releasing Tyquwan Glass sounds like it happened due to a combination of:
- the emergence of Demerio Houston
- a lesser role for Glass
- the salary cap

gobombersgo

Game 4:

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers depth chart vs. Toronto tomorrow. Three changes: on are CB Winston Rose, LB Les Maruo and RB Greg McCrae. Off are SB Nic Demski, CB Tyquwan Glass (released) and DE L.B. Mack III.

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
On this week: Winston Rose, Greg McCrae (debut), Les Maruo

Off this week: Nic Demski (6-game), LB Mack, Tyquwan Glass (released)

Darrin Bauming    @DarrinBauming
McRae is in and will be utilized similarly to the Demski role - running back/receiver hybrid.
receiver Brendan O'Leary-Orange is a big body with a lot of natural ability.
I expect a good dose of McRae on the inside with BOLO working on the outside.

In
#00 Maruo
#29 McCrae
#30 Rose

Out:
#10 Demski
#22 Glass
#52 Mack III

Transactions:

2022-07-03   WPG   MACK, LB   DL   A   Rhode Island   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-03   WPG   MACK, LB   DL   A   Rhode Island   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-07-03   WPG   MCCRAE, Greg   RB   A   Central Florida   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-03   WPG   MCCRAE, Greg   RB   A   Central Florida   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-03   WPG   MARUO, Les   LB   N   Texas at San Antonio   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-03   WPG   MARUO, Les   LB   N   Texas at San Antonio   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-03   WPG   ROSE, Winston   DB   A   New Mexico State   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-07-03   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Transfer To   Injured
2022-07-01   WPG   GLASS, Tyqwan   DB   A   Fresno State   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Lincoln Locomotive

We will certainly miss Nic Demski who adds so many wrinkles to our offence plus his innate ability to make serious YAC.   Time for Sheed to step up and our RBs who will face their mentor on Monday night.   We will need a complete team effort to beat the Argos and remain unbeaten especially after they were slapped around by the Lions and will be seeking some form of redemption.  And you can bet AH is dreaming about all those spin moves he will make on AB4.   
Bomber fan for life