Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 25, 2022, 02:46:59 PM
Yep, Oleary-O finally caught a few passes!  Looks to be a good replacement for any of the 3 you mentioned, but maybe not shifty or fast enough to replace Demski long-term.

Replacing a player does not mean you have to mirror that players ability.  OO84 seems to have good hands, and definitely has length.  Her will be a different target than ND10, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Having 2 or 3 guys that can slice across the middle and make catches and trundle to the first down marker is not a bad thing...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 25, 2022, 04:20:52 PM
Replacing a player does not mean you have to mirror that players ability.  OO84 seems to have good hands, and definitely has length.  Her will be a different target than ND10, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Having 2 or 3 guys that can slice across the middle and make catches and trundle to the first down marker is not a bad thing...

Can't disagree with that. He's been with the team long enough for our OC to be prepared on how to use him etc. IIRC he's quite a good athlete and has decent speed as well as the size to be productive. He may not be the guy 30 yards downfield but if he can make the hard catches to prolong drives, that works too.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

kkc60

Play that impressed me most from OO84 was the 3 yard catch where it looked like it could be picked off, caught or broken up. Defender was right there, but OO?s hands were strong enough to hold onto it

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 25, 2022, 04:20:52 PM

That description goes for every receiver they field other than Demski. I'm curious to see if they can have great success with a receiving corp. built more on grit and grind, rather than overall speed. I can't recall that ever being done before, at least not in the modern era.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 25, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
That description goes for every receiver they field other than Demski. I'm curious to see if they can have great success with a receiving corp. built more on grit and grind, rather than overall speed. I can't recall that ever being done before.

Ellingson, Bailey are both deep threats... as well as able to cut across the middle...

But a grit and grind O kinda makes sense with our D.. giving up only 12 again to Ham means we don't need to "light up" the scoreboard...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on June 25, 2022, 04:52:57 PM
Ellingson, Bailey are both deep threats... as well as able to cut across the middle...

But a grit and grind O kinda makes sense with our D.. giving up only 12 again to Ham means we don't need to "light up" the scoreboard...

Schoen and Bailey both had defenders beat if ZC8 could have made better throws.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 25, 2022, 04:52:57 PM

Collaros has only average arm strength compared to many QB's as well, deep balls are not his forte or his bread and butter.  Nothing wrong with gritty wins when they are workmanlike and predictable.  First half I was a bit worried about the O, early in the 2nd half I knew a win was inevitable.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 25, 2022, 05:45:49 PM
Collaros has only average arm strength compared to many QB's as well, deep balls are not his forte or his bread and butter.  Nothing wrong with gritty wins when they are workmanlike and predictable.  First half I was a bit worried about the O, early in the 2nd half I knew a win was inevitable.

True but he's been very accurate and communicates with the receivers very well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 25, 2022, 06:30:37 PM
True but he's been very accurate and communicates with the receivers very well.

He hasn't been particularly accurate this season.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on June 25, 2022, 07:37:45 PM

Oh the shorter routes, he's been quite good actually.  He's hitting guys in stride and they are getting YAC yards.  He's zipped quite a few balls to receivers that have gotten open.  

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 25, 2022, 07:37:45 PM

Better check the CFL stats. His completion rate is 67.5% He has 2 new receivers and Bailey has moved to a different spot in formations.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

OL Tyler Witt added to the PR per CFL.ca transaction page

gobombersgo

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 29, 2022, 11:15:38 PM
OL Tyler Witt added to the PR per CFL.ca transaction page

2022-06-29   WPG   WITT, Tyler      N      Add To   Free Agent

He's actually American and attended Atlanta's rookie camp.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 26, 2022, 03:24:11 AM
Better check the CFL stats. His completion rate is 67.5% He has 2 new receivers and Bailey has moved to a different spot in formations.

I?d rather watch the games. He?s been pretty consistently throwing into coverage.

Making poor decisions might be a better way to describe it, but there?s definitely an accuracy bit to that too.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2022, 12:15:13 AM
I?d rather watch the games. He?s been pretty consistently throwing into coverage.

Making poor decisions might be a better way to describe it, but there?s definitely an accuracy bit to that too.

You're referring to the QB that had the highest QB efficiency rating in 2021. The highest number of TD passes thrown and a completion of 70.2%. Only Harris was slightly higher at 70.3%

I watch games too but I have a different opinion.
2019 Grey Cup Champions