Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers Transactions - June 22, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., June 22, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has released American offensive lineman Cam Durley from the practice roster.

Transactions:
2022-06-22   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Add To   Free Agent
2022-06-22   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-22   WPG   DURLEY, Cam   OL   A   Tennessee State   Remove Unsigned   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming
Durley was released from the #Bombers practice roster today.
A real tough break for a player the team thought of highly. Like others through similar circumstances, he could very well be back next year.

#Bombers All-Star centre Michael Couture (arm) ruled out for Friday.
Chris Kowlankowski filled-in admirably in Ottawa - he is in.

According to the CFL transactions page, D-tackle Ricky Walker is being moved to the #Bombers practice roster, and D-end Thiadric Hansen will make his 2022 debut Friday night vs the #TiCats.

Farhan Lalji   @FarhanLaljiTSN
Looks as though #Bombers center Michael Couture will be placed on the 6-game injured list. Left in the first half of last week's game with an arm injury & was seen at practice this week in a sling. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Edge

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 23, 2022, 01:14:48 AM
Blue Bombers Transactions - June 22, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., June 22, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has released American offensive lineman Cam Durley from the practice roster.

Transactions:
2022-06-22   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Add To   Free Agent
2022-06-22   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-06-22   WPG   DURLEY, Cam   OL   A   Tennessee State   Remove Unsigned   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming
Durley was released from the #Bombers practice roster today.
A real tough break for a player the team thought of highly. Like others through similar circumstances, he could very well be back next year.

#Bombers All-Star centre Michael Couture (arm) ruled out for Friday.
Chris Kowlankowski filled-in admirably in Ottawa - he is in.

According to the CFL transactions page, D-tackle Ricky Walker is being moved to the #Bombers practice roster, and D-end Thiadric Hansen will make his 2022 debut Friday night vs the #TiCats.

Farhan Lalji   @FarhanLaljiTSN
Looks as though #Bombers center Michael Couture will be placed on the 6-game injured list. Left in the first half of last week's game with an arm injury & was seen at practice this week in a sling. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Edge

I don't understand the choice of Walker being moved to the PR. I would have thought Wilcots as somewhat redundant after Jeffcoat and Hansen were added.

Time to find some additional Canadian OL depth for the PR.   Any further info on Couture's injury? Shoulder issue or muscle tear?? Hopefully he can return sooner than 6 games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 23, 2022, 02:53:26 AM
I don't understand the choice of Walker being moved to the PR. I would have thought Wilcots as somewhat redundant after Jeffcoat and Hansen were added.

Time to find some additional Canadian OL depth for the PR.   Any further info on Couture's injury? Shoulder issue or muscle tear?? Hopefully he can return sooner than 6 games.

So now we know how much they value Hansen, they're willing to cut Ricky Walker to make room for him.  Also a bit surprised it wasn't Wilcots or LB Mack to the PR, but perhaps Hansen is going to work mostly inside rotating with Jake and Sayles, leaving the other two rookies to spell the two Jeffs.  As I said before I don't think Hansen is valued so much for his stats. but for his versatility and the havoc he can create inside, allowing the DE's more freedom to pursue the QB.  I'd guess he plays mostly in passing situations.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 23, 2022, 04:23:50 AM
So now we know how much they value Hansen, they're willing to cut Ricky Walker to make room for him.  Also a bit surprised it wasn't Wilcots or LB Mack to the PR, but perhaps Hansen is going to work mostly inside rotating with Jake and Sayles, leaving the other two rookies to spell the two Jeffs.  As I said before I don't think Hansen is valued so much for his stats. but for his versatility and the havoc he can create inside, allowing the DE's more freedom to pursue the QB.  I'd guess he plays mostly in passing situations.

I don't know if Hansen will see duty inside as much as outside. He's the same height as Walker and nearly 40 lbs lighter. A global player is a bit of a free DI although he can only replace an import.

Hamilton's run game is not that good and their OL is replacing injured OL. Bombers may have decided to go with speed versus bulk in order to contain Evans?

Our roster hasn't been updated so I'm waiting to see if Walker is moved to PR or released outright. If he's released outright that has a different connotation in the decision process. Curious at any level though. Realistically they needed to remove a global to make room for him, not an import. We had 2 global players on the roster last week.

There will be some other roster moves to our depth chart today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

"Delete From Active" followed by "Add To Free Agent" usually means added to practice roster. I know it's confusing. i don't understand why not say "Add to Practice Roster" so everyone can understand. 

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 23, 2022, 01:24:03 PM
"Delete From Active" followed by "Add To Free Agent" usually means added to practice roster. I know it's confusing. i don't understand why not say "Add to Practice Roster" so everyone can understand. 

I know that's what it probably means but it would help if the roster was updated more quickly.  I see Karamoko was deleted on 06/20 and that's who Hansen replaces on the game day roster.

Walker coming off probably means Clements is coming on.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 23, 2022, 01:30:02 PM
I know that's what it probably means but it would help if the roster was updated more quickly.  I see Karamoko was deleted on 06/20 and that's who Hansen replaces on the game day roster.

Yep. I guess the same.

Although Mack is a lighter side of a DL. He's only 235 per roster page. So maybe he can play some LB in case of injury.
In that case they have the option to roster a different (American) skill-position on the line up.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 23, 2022, 01:30:02 PM

Right, it looks to be more complicated than I first thought. 

Jesse

Jeff Hamilton said today that Hansen is making the Global minimum of 50-something this year, but that his salary will double next season.

I guess the idea is that the two-year average will be the new minimum of 73k.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

BC signed Shai Ross, I think we missed out

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 23, 2022, 05:44:24 PM
Jeff Hamilton said today that Hansen is making the Global minimum of 50-something this year, but that his salary will double next season.

I guess the idea is that the two-year average will be the new minimum of 73k.

I could see him getting a raise above the $73K in 2023 but doubling from $54K? That seems more than I would have thought he'd get. It's probably more than some of our import starters or our DI's. Actually it's more than some of our Canadian starters. Oliveria and Augustine are only getting low $90's
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 23, 2022, 07:05:55 PM
I could see him getting a raise above the $73K in 2023 but doubling from $54K? That seems more than I would have thought he'd get. It's probably more than some of our import starters.

He doesn't sign otherwise.  He's putting a lot of faith that they will pay him $108k next year, many things could happen to derail that plan.  Deferred contracts in the CFL are a bit of a joke, more often than not the player gets cut, or has to renegotiate for reduced pay in the later years of the contract.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 23, 2022, 07:05:55 PM
I could see him getting a raise above the $73K in 2023 but doubling from $54K? That seems more than I would have thought he'd get. It's probably more than some of our import starters or our DI's. Actually it's more than some of our Canadian starters. Oliveria and Augustine are only getting low $90's

They are just looking at it as a two-year average, I'm sure. He's not really getting ~100k next year, he's being paid ~75k each year - they're just not allowed to do it this year.
My wife is amazing!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Pete on June 23, 2022, 05:51:50 PM
BC signed Shai Ross, I think we missed out

We don't know for sure. What if Ross doesn't want to sign seeing he cant be a starter here.

Btw, Leos released Awe after signing Ross. We signed Awe before the pandemic and went to RedBlacks last year. Maybe worth a look again?