Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBRT

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 16, 2022, 02:39:30 PM
Yup. we are very thin in receiver backup-wise. Maybe time to bring back some of our TC cuts. Or are there any recent released receivers worthy of being picked up ?

While I realize that it is still very very early in the schedule and lots of things could change as we progress I believe we do need to strengthen our WR side. There really is no one that can stretch the defense to any great extent. We at least IMHO have downgraded WR strength from where we were last year. Hopefully I am wrong but our WR core really does not scare anyone.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 16, 2022, 02:39:30 PM
Yup. we are very thin in receiver backup-wise. Maybe time to bring back some of our TC cuts. Or are there any recent released receivers worthy of being picked up ?

I'd like to think that some of the receivers we had in TC might be re-considered for a PR spot. That said it would mean reshuffling the deck on the PR. Having 2 import OL + Global + Richmond on the IR seems perhaps 1 too many. I guess that depends on when Richmond might come off the IR.

There may have been some receivers offered a PR spot that declined earlier.

Space might be created due to injuries from the game last week. Briggs, Clements were nicked and could be on the 1 game IR this week.

As far as available receivers maybe Quan Bray might be worth a look if he's willing to end up on PR initially.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 03:18:46 PM
I'd like to think that some of the receivers we had in TC might be re-considered for a PR spot. That said it would mean reshuffling the deck on the PR. Having 2 import OL + Global + Richmond on the IR seems perhaps 1 too many. I guess that depends on when Richmond might come off the IR.

There may have been some receivers offered a PR spot that declined earlier.

Space might be created due to injuries from the game last week. Briggs, Clements were nicked and could be on the 1 game IR this week.

As far as available receivers maybe Quan Bray might be worth a look if he's willing to end up on PR initially.

Briggs is 6-gamed.

Caleb Holley was cut recently by Elks although I'm not sure if he is injured.

gobombersgo

Game 2:

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
The headliner is Jeffcoat's season debut.
Curious to see if Mancuso takes over short-yardage duties & who will hold with Prukop out.
Bombers go with two Globals as Karamoko makes his CFL debut.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers depth chart for tomorrow. On are Jeffcoat, Karamoko and Mancuso. Off are Clements, Prukop and Briggs

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Ottawa is still a bit banged up, especially at tailback. William Powell, RJ Harris, and Randy Richards not ready to make their season debuts. Starting safety Justin Howell comes out, placing rookie Alonzo Addae smack-dab in the middle of the #Bombers' opponent.

kkc60

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 16, 2022, 04:00:00 PM
Briggs is 6-gamed.

Caleb Holley was cut recently by Elks although I'm not sure if he is injured.
No on Holley. Not sure what he?s done to last as long as he has

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: kkc60 on June 16, 2022, 04:05:50 PM
No on Holley. Not sure what he?s done to last as long as he has

It's moot now. Re-signed by the Elks.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 16, 2022, 04:02:36 PM
Game 2:

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
The headliner is Jeffcoat's season debut.
Curious to see if Mancuso takes over short-yardage duties & who will hold with Prukop out.
Bombers go with two Globals as Karamoko makes his CFL debut.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers depth chart for tomorrow. On are Jeffcoat, Karamoko and Mancuso. Off are Clements, Prukop and Briggs

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Ottawa is still a bit banged up, especially at tailback. William Powell, RJ Harris, and Randy Richards not ready to make their season debuts. Starting safety Justin Howell comes out, placing rookie Alonzo Addae smack-dab in the middle of the #Bombers' opponent.

Interesting. I think Clements is nicked but I'm not sure how seriously. He may be headed to the IR or PR. Our roster isn't showing which players are on the IR or for how long. We have a general sense but nothing published per se.

Karamoko is listed as a DB but shown as depth at LB. Title doesn't mean a lot but he's the same size as Rene and Lavigne so it's a bit of a surprise he got chosen ahead of them. Doesn't impact the ratio but does prevent another Canadian on game day roster.

None of Mack, Wilcots of Walker came off when Jeffcoat came on. Essentially we traded Clements for Jeffcoat this week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 16, 2022, 06:04:14 PM

Interesting. I think Clements is nicked but I'm not sure how seriously. He may be headed to the IR or PR. Our roster isn't showing which players are on the IR or for how long. We have a general sense but nothing published per se.

Karamoko is listed as a DB but shown as depth at LB. Title doesn't mean a lot but he's the same size as Rene and Lavigne so it's a bit of a surprise he got chosen ahead of them. Doesn't impact the ratio but does prevent another Canadian on game day roster.

None of Mack, Wilcots of Walker came off when Jeffcoat came on. Essentially we traded Clements for Jeffcoat this week.

Yep not sure why our roster is not updated. But if you look at the second page of the depth you will see who are 1-gamed and 6-gamed.
Currently, only Dobson and Clements are 1-games the rest are in 6-game - DBs Alexander, Hallett, Maston, LB Briggs, QB Prukop and OL Richmond.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 16, 2022, 06:48:28 PM
Yep not sure why our roster is not updated. But if you look at the second page of the depth you will see who are 1-gamed and 6-gamed.
Currently, only Dobson and Clements are 1-games the rest are in 6-game - DBs Alexander, Hallett, Maston, LB Briggs, QB Prukop and OL Richmond.

I can't seem to access the 2nd page. The IR's are probably what I expected but I don't understand why the Bomber roster never seems totally current. Dobson missing his 2nd game but reported as Full at last practice. This is likely just a roster choice and I suspect he could have played.

McKnight is still listed on the AR and he was released. None of this is rocket science and the CFL is supposed to update all the roster info.

This is the 2nd game where it appears we don't have the 46 th non dressed player. Must be an SMS cost saving measure.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Global punter Whitford released. Since we drafted 3 and none showed up, might he be a candidate for our PR? Good punting average.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-06-16   WPG   MCKNIGHT, Kelvin   WR   A   Samford   Delete From Injured   Free Agent
2022-06-16   WPG   BRIGGS, Jesse   LB   N   McGill   Transfer To   Injured
2022-06-16   WPG   CLEMENTS, Malik   LB   N   Cincinnati   Transfer To   Injured
2022-06-16   WPG   DOBSON, Liam   OL   N   Maine   Extend On   Injured
2022-06-16   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-06-16   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Add To   Active Roster
2022-06-16   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   N   Laval   Remove Signed   Free Agent

Bombers 1 game injured list:
Clements
Dobson

Bombers 6 game list:
Alexander
Briggs
Hallett, Noah
Maston
Prukop
Richmond

Blue In BC

Anybody know what injury Clements experienced?  I didn't notice anything happen to him or Prukop for that matter on TV.

At least the roster now shows who is where on the IR lists. Every team has fairly long IR lists right at the beginning of the season. I wonder if they will re-consider adding the 5 additional PR players early? I understand the financial aspect of doing that but early season injuries seem to be increasing every year.

Might be worth a discussion.

Currently on IR's:

1. 48 players on 1 game IR
2. 42 players on 6 game IR

Total 90 players but the Argos don't currently list anyone on their IR which I expect is not correct. Bombers and Als have the least on IR.  Als might have lost another couple of players after their game last night.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH GLOBAL DEFENSIVE LINEMAN THIADRIC HANSEN

WINNIPEG, MB., June 18, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today that the Club has agreed to terms with Global defensive lineman Thiadric Hansen.

Hansen (6-2, 250, Potsdam Royals; born: December 26, 1992 in Flensburg, Germany) will join the Blue Bombers for his third season in the Canadian Football League. He suited up for every regular season game in 2019 and 2021 and was a key contributor on defence and special teams in the back-to-back Grey Cup championships.

Selected second overall in the CFL's 2019 European Draft, Hansen recorded eight defensive tackles and 12 special teams tackles in 14 games in 2021, registering three sacks and also forcing a fumble.

Hansen played with the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes from 2012-18 and was with the Potsdam Royals when selected by the Blue Bombers. Following the team's 2019 Grey Cup championship, he signed with the Wroclaw Panthers, a Polish team in the Central European Football League, and helped lead them to a championship.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/18/blue-bombers-agree-to-terms-with-global-defensive-lineman-thiadric-hansen/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-06-18   WPG   LITTON, Chase   QB   A   Marshall   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 18, 2022, 10:59:16 PM
BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH GLOBAL DEFENSIVE LINEMAN THIADRIC HANSEN

WINNIPEG, MB., June 18, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today that the Club has agreed to terms with Global defensive lineman Thiadric Hansen.

Hansen (6-2, 250, Potsdam Royals; born: December 26, 1992 in Flensburg, Germany) will join the Blue Bombers for his third season in the Canadian Football League. He suited up for every regular season game in 2019 and 2021 and was a key contributor on defence and special teams in the back-to-back Grey Cup championships.

Selected second overall in the CFL's 2019 European Draft, Hansen recorded eight defensive tackles and 12 special teams tackles in 14 games in 2021, registering three sacks and also forcing a fumble.

Hansen played with the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes from 2012-18 and was with the Potsdam Royals when selected by the Blue Bombers. Following the team's 2019 Grey Cup championship, he signed with the Wroclaw Panthers, a Polish team in the Central European Football League, and helped lead them to a championship.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/06/18/blue-bombers-agree-to-terms-with-global-defensive-lineman-thiadric-hansen/

Nice to have him back.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.