Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 02, 2022, 09:26:44 PM
The big concern is attending camp without a CBA and getting hurt... every camp, players get hurt.  Without a CBA in force, they could be at risk.

They've done it before and there is usually an agreement to extend the old one while a new one is worked out.

Ratio issue: It could mean that they are looking to mandate 2 Globals on the roster. That would mean a Canadian would be displaced. While that happened often in 2021 it was still only an option.

OTOH there could be a line drawn to reduce the number of Canadian starters. By default that would mean more imports. I wouldn't imagine more than a 1 for 1 change in year one but will they have changes planned for the following season and beyond?

I don't expect the SMS to go up significantly if at all. It may not come down since teams have already planned / spent projected SMS.

It all could get ugly though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 02, 2022, 09:32:11 PM
They've done it before and there is usually an agreement to extend the old one while a new one is worked out.

Ratio issue: It could mean that they are looking to mandate 2 Globals on the roster. That would mean a Canadian would be displaced. While that happened often in 2021 it was still only an option.

OTOH there could be a line drawn to reduce the number of Canadian starters. By default that would mean more imports. I wouldn't imagine more than a 1 for 1 change in year one but will they have changes planned for the following season and beyond?

I don't expect the SMS to go up significantly if at all. It may not come down since teams have already planned / spent projected SMS.

It all could get ugly though.
And kill the Copper Goose? lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-05-02   WPG   HANNIBAL, Zach   DB   A   Louisiana Tech   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-02   WPG   LITTON, Chase   QB   A   Marshall   Add To   Active Roster

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS ACQUIRE DEFENSIVE TACKLE CAMERON LAWSON AND 13TH OVERALL PICK IN TRADE WITH MONTREAL

WINNIPEG, MB., May 3, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has acquired Canadian defensive tackle Cameron Lawson and the 13th overall selection in the 2022 CFL Draft, in exchange for the 9th and 18th overall selections.

Lawson (6-3, 285, Queen?s University; born: October 7, 1998 in Caledon, ON) joins the Blue Bombers after originally being selected by Montreal 16th overall in the 2020 CFL Draft. Lawson had a four-year career at Queen's University, and in 2019 was named a U Sports All-Canadian and OUA lineman of the year. He finished his career at Queen's University having racked up 74 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, and 11 sacks. Lawson appeared in four games during the 2021 season with Montreal.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/03/blue-bombers-acquire-defensive-tackle-cam-lawson-and-13th-overall-pick-in-trade-with-montreal/

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS TRANSACTIONS: MAY 3, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 3, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed three American players in defensive back Zach Hannibal and defensive ends L.B. Mack and Jordan Berner.

Hannibal
(6-0, 184, Louisiana Tech; born: March 26, 1998 in Monroe, La) joins the Blue Bombers after a six-year university career with the Bulldogs. He made an appearance in 56 games over that span, with 11 starts under his belt. Johnson made significant contributions in both the secondary and special teams throughout collegiate career. In 2020, Hannibal was named All-Conference USA Honorable Mention. The defensive back registered 69 total tackles, 6 passes defensed, and 1 fumble recovery as a member of the Bulldogs.

Mack III (6-2, 230, Rhode Island; born: in Spring Valley, NY) comes to the Blue Bombers after a stellar college career with the Rhode Island Rams. The defensive end was named to the 2021 CAA Football All-Conference Second Team and will be remembered in Rams history as he finished his career second in program history in tackles for loss (39.0) and fourth in sacks (21.0).

Berner (6-5, 255, Southern Illinois; born: October 3, 1997 in Chester, Ill) arrives in Winnipeg after a five-year college career. Berner was an instant contributor by starting all 11 games during his freshman year. The defensive end made a living disrupting plays in the back field by finishing seventh in school history with 17.5 career sacks. Berner finished his college career strong by starting all 13 games and ended his Southern Illinois tenure with an impressive 144 tackles.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/03/blue-bombers-transactions-may-3-2022/

gobombersgo

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
With the 6th pick in the #GlobalDraft, the club has selected kicker Tom Hackett (Australia).

The club has selected Souleymane Karamoko with the 13th pick in the #GlobalDraft.

With the 24th pick in the #GlobalDraft, the club has selected punter @mjsleepdalton (Australia).

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Solid credentials for Hackett. Played his college ball at Utah. Two-time Ray Guy Award winner as the NCAA's top punter. 3-time All-Pac 12 first team all star, named to the Pac-12 All-Century Team

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
At No. 13 in the #Global Draft, the #Bombers take a DB with Canadian football experience in Souleymane Karamoko @KaraSauvage.

theaardvark

So, someone mentioned the 81 theft of Walby from Mtl... do they turn Lawson around too, and make him an Olineman?

Just kidding, of course...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-05-03   WPG   MACK, LB   DL   A   Rhode Island   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-03   WPG   MOALA, Inoke   DL   A   Indiana State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-03   WPG   BERNER, Jordan   DL   A   Southern Illinois   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-03   WPG   SLEEP-DALTON, Michael      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-03   WPG   MACK, William   DL   A   Rhode Island   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-03   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-03   WPG   HACKETT, Tom      N      Add To   Draft
2022-05-03   WPG   LAWSON, Cameron   DL   N   Queen's   Transfer To   Active Roster

gobombersgo

2022 DRAFT RECAP
Ed Tait

THE NEW BLUE CREW

TYRELL FORD
Selected: second round, 13th overall
Position: Defensive back
School: Waterloo
Ht: 6-0; Wt: 180

COLE ADAMSON
Selected: fourth round, 38th overall
Position: defensive tackle
School: Manitoba
Ht: 6-5; Wt: 291.
Born: April 21, 1999 in Winnipeg, Mb.

CHRIS CIGUINEAU

Selected: fifth round, 47th overall
Position: Defensive back
School: Ottawa
Ht: 6-3; Wt: 190
Born: April 19, 1996 in Montreal, QC

JEREMY KAPELANSKI
Selected: sixth round, 56th overall
Position: defensive line
School: Guelph
Ht: 6-3; Wt: 280
Born: April 13, 1998 in Saint Jerome, QC

CEDRICK LAVIGNE

Selected: seventh round, 65th overall
Position: defensive back
School: Carleton
Ht: 6-0; Wt: 206
Born: December 24, 1997 in Gatineau, QC

KONNER BURTENSHAW
Selected: eighth round, 74th overall
Position: fullback
School: Queen's
Ht: 5-11; Wt: 215
Born: January 4, 1996 in Amhertsview, ON

GLOBAL DRAFT SELECTIONS

TOM HACKETT
Selected: first round, 6th overall
Position: punter
Nationality: Australia
School: Utah
Ht: 5-11; Wt: 187
Born: May 10, 1992 in Melbourne, Australia

SOULEYMANE KARAMOKO
Selected: second round, 13th overall
Position: defensive back
Nationality: France/Ivory Coast
School: Laval
Ht: 6-1; Wt: 200
Born: Age: 25; born in Abidjan, Ivory Coast

MICHAEL SLEEP-DALTON
Selected: third round, 24th overall
Position: punter
Nationality: Australia
School: Iowa/Arizona State
Ht: 6-1; Wt: 212
Born: September 20, 1992 in Geelong, Australia

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/04/2022-draft-recap/

Blue In BC

Excluding players drafted today, our roster ( 81 players ) broke down:

DB: 22

DL: 10

OL: 14

WR: 15

LB: 10

QB: 4

RB: 4

K: 2

I'd expect maybe 6 or 7 DB's released after mini camp.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC
The @Wpg_BlueBombers sign two players, including 2021 CFL Draft pick Patrice Rene, a DB. Also coming aboard was American DE Inoke Moala

BLUE BOMBER TRANSACTIONS: MAY 4, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American defensive end Inoke Moala and 2021 CFL Draft pick, defensive back Patrice Rene.

Moala (6-4, 250, Indiana State; born: March 23, 1987 in Mishawaka, IND) joins the Blue Bombers after an impressive college career with the Indiana State Sycamores. Moala became an immediate contributor by adding value to special teams during his freshman year before seeing action on the defensive side of the ball. During his time at Indiana State, Moala recorded 122 total tackles, 15 sacks, and a team-high 8 passes defensed. The defensive end was named to the 2021 MVFC First Team All-Conference Selection.

Rene (6-2, 208, Rutgers, November 19, 1997, in Ottawa, ON) was originally selected 21st overall by Winnipeg in the 2021 CFL Draft. Rene spent his senior season of 2021 at Rutgers, after the first five collegiate years of his career at North Carolina. In 2021, he played in five games at Rutgers, with two starts at corner, recording eight tackles. Rene played in 10 of the Tar Heels' games in 2020 - including the Orange Bowl against Texas A&M - totalling 28 tackles, two tackles for loss, four pass breakups, and a forced fumble.

Across 45 career games with North Carolina, Rene posted 104 tackles, four tackles for loss, two interceptions, 14 pass defences, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/05/04/blue-bomber-transactions-may-4-2022/

Pigskin

Nice to hear Patrice has signed.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

My early attempt on projecting the Bombers depth chart. 

OL: BRYANT / GRAY / COUTURE (Kolankowski) / NEUFELD / HARDRICK
WR: SAUNDERS / BAILEY / DEMSKI / ELLINGSON / WOLITARSKY (Agudosi)
QB: COLLAROS (Prukop)
RB: AUGUSTINE/OLIVEIRA (M.Miller)

DL: JEFFERSON / THOMAS (Lawson) / SAYLES (Walker) / JEFFCOAT (Wilcots)
LB: WILSON (Briggs, Cadwallader) / BIGHILL (Gauthier, Lowes, Maruo) / MASTON (Kramdi)
DB: W.ROSE / NICHOLS / HALLETT (Hallett) / TAYLOR / J.MILLER (Rene)

ST: Grant / Benson / Leigghio / Mourtada

On some positions, I prioritize those who are with the Bombers and/or with CFL experience.

theaardvark

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 04, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
My early attempt on projecting the Bombers depth chart. 

OL: BRYANT / GRAY / COUTURE (Kolankowski) / NEUFELD / HARDRICK
WR: SAUNDERS / BAILEY / DEMSKI / ELLINGSON / WOLITARSKY (Agudosi)
QB: COLLAROS (Prukop)
RB: AUGUSTINE/OLIVEIRA (M.Miller)

DL: JEFFERSON / THOMAS (Lawson) / SAYLES (Walker) / JEFFCOAT (Wilcots)
LB: WILSON (Briggs, Cadwallader) / BIGHILL (Gauthier, Lowes, Maruo) / MASTON (Kramdi)
DB: W.ROSE / NICHOLS / HALLET (Hallett) / TAYLOR / J.MILLER (Rene)

ST: Grant / Benson / Leigghio / Mourtada

On some positions, I prioritize those who are with the Bombers and/or with CFL experience.

Looks pretty good... I don't doubt it is mostly going to be correct, but I will not be surprised if Ford beats out Hallett/Hallett, or we see some unsigned names show up before camp (including DObson).  But otherwise, that's a pretty solid roster, with a lot of continuity from back to back GC champs.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2022, 04:39:37 PM

Looks pretty good... I don't doubt it is mostly going to be correct, but I will not be surprised if Ford beats out Hallett/Hallett, or we see some unsigned names show up before camp (including DObson).  But otherwise, that's a pretty solid roster, with a lot of continuity from back to back GC champs.

I don't doubt Dobson will be here before TC.

I believe the Patriots drafted few OLs so not sure how will that affects Desjarlais. If he is bound to comeback north pretty sure the Bombers will love to get him back. Then, our OL is all jampacked. Not to discount Eli too.