Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH AMERICAN DEFENSIVE BACK NICK TAYLOR

WINNIPEG, MB., February 7, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with American defensive back Nick Taylor, who was scheduled to become a free agent next week.

Taylor
(5-9, 188; Florida International University; born: March 27, 1988, in Hollywood, FL) returns to the Blue Bombers for a third season in 2022 and his seventh in the Canadian Football League.

Dressing and starting 12 regular-season games in 2021 as well as the Western Final and 108th Grey Cup, Taylor was a key part of the team's dominant defence. He finished the season with 31 tackles, four pass knockdowns and one tackle for a loss. He was solid in the two playoff victories as well, with six tackles and a critical pass knockdown near the end of the Western Final that helped secure a spot in the Grey Cup game.

Taylor joined the Blue Bombers in August of 2019, following his release from Edmonton. He has appeared in 51 games over a CFL career that began in 2016 - 16 with the Blue Bombers, 18 with Edmonton and 17 with Ottawa.

Taylor did not play college football as he was instead the starting point guard at Florida International University's basketball team. He had played in high school and picked up the game again by playing in the Stars Football League and then standing out at FIU's Pro Day. He was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent and spent time with the Orlando Predators in 2015 before signing with Ottawa.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/07/blue-bombers-agree-terms-american-defensive-back-nick-taylor/

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH CANADIAN RUNNING BACK BRADY OLIVERIA

WINNIPEG, MB., February 7, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian running back Brady Oliveira, who was scheduled to become a free agent February 8th.

Oliveira (5-10, 227; University of North Dakota; born: August 15, 1997, in Winnipeg, MB) returns to the Blue Bombers for a third season in 2022.

A Winnipeg native and the club's second-round selection, 14th overall, in the 2019 Canadian Football League Draft, Oliveira finished the 2021 season with 429 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games, six of them starts. Those totals placed him second on the Blue Bombers in rushing behind Andrew Harris (623) and ninth overall in the CFL.

Oliveira had his rookie season of 2019 cut short with a leg injury in the team's home opener, limiting him to two games.

A product of Oak Park High School, Oliveira was a star at UND, rushing for 2,822 yards and 22 touchdowns over his four seasons at the school. He earned All Big-Sky Honours in 2016 and 2017 and was a Jon Cornish Award finalist for the most outstanding Canadian player in collegiate football in 2018, his senior year.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/07/blue-bombers-agree-terms-canadian-running-back-brady-oliveria/

Blue In BC

A great start to the day. Doesn't bode particularly well for A. Harris which is unfortunate. Hopefully we hear of a couple more re-signings today. Since we're not expecting to get Lawler or Richardson back that only leaves: Darby, Grant, Adams and M. Jones and Alexander on the to do list.

It may be by not re-signing Harris it gave us the SMS to increase the salary to Oliveria and Augustine. That might have have left a little more to sign others as well.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Dave Naylor   @TSNDaveNaylor
I think it's still possible @andrewharris33 could be with @Wpg_BlueBombers this season. Wouldn't expect the role or the compensation to be same as what he's had but that's part of playing the game in your mid-30s. #CFL #Bombers

I wouldn't expect the @BCLions to top @elks's $300k offer for Kenny Lawler. They've come in roughly $50k less on each season of a two-year deal.#Lions #Elks

Hearing that former @Wpg_BlueBombers WR Kenny Lawler has made his commitment to the @elks. At $300k, he becomes the @CFL's highest paid receiver.#CFL #Elks

Farhan Lalji   @FarhanLaljiTSN
Certainly sounds as though Lawler to #Elks is a done deal. Edm made a late push for both he and NT Steven Richardson, but hearing that "Stove" is still expected to sign with #BCLions tomorrow. And they're still planning to add more to the D-line. @CFLonTSN #CFLFA

I expect clarity on this situation within the next 24 hours with Kyle Walters scheduled to speak to the media then. There have been more recent discussions between #Bombers & Harris. This has been a challenging situation for all involved & there have been some hard feelings ... /1

There has been interest in Harris services elsewhere (I'm told #Elks are among those interested) but the door has not been closed on a return to #Bombers.

If I was betting, I would expect both sides to move on, but it's a fluid situation. A lot can still change in 24 hours

TRANSACTIONS - ELKS EXTEND WALKER

Veteran wide receiver Derel Walker is staying in Edmonton.

The pending free agent's extension was announced Saturday by the Elks, along with the additions of Charles Nelson (WR), Dionte Sykes (WR), Floyd Redfield (DB), Darius Royster (DL), and Jeawon Taylor (DB).

Nelson played 49 games for Oregon from 2014-2017, registering 124 receptions for 1,555 yards and 14 touchdowns. A threat on both sides of the ball, the 2015 Pac-12 All-Conference recipient (first team) also recorded 67 total tackles, two interceptions, and six pass breakups.

Nelson has CFL experience to his name, after breaking into the league in 2018 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. His first action came a year later when he appeared in four games for the Bombers before suffering a season-ending foot injury. In 2021 he played in seven games - primarily as a return man - before being moved to the practice roster in late September.

https://www.goelks.com/2022/02/05/transactions-elks-extend-walker/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

gobombersgo

Pending Bomber Free Agents:

Quarterback

Sean McGuire (A)

Running Back

Andrew Harris (N)
Joshua Caldwell (A) didn't play in 2021

Receiver

Darvin Adams (A)
Janarion Grant (A)
Kenny Lawler (A)
Malcolm Lewis (A) didn't play in 2021
Mekale McKay (A) didn't play in 2021

Offensive Line

Tui Eli (N)

Defensive Line

Tobi Antigha (A)
Connor Griffiths (N)  didn't play in 2021
Thiadric Hansen (G)
Steven Richardson (A)
Ezekiel Rose (A)

Linebacker

Kevin Brown (A)
Mason Moe (A) didn't play in 2021

Defensive Back

Brandon Alexander (A)
Alden Darby (A)
Greg Ducre  (A) didn't play in 2021
Josh Johnson (A)
Mike Jones (A)
Dexter McDougle  (A) didn't play in 2021
Josh Miller (A)

Kicker

Sergio Castillo (A)

Long snapper

KINGCHARLES

need an upgrade at backup QB...although with our OL we may be in an amazing position to try and develop our own future starter....worst case McGuire probably comes cheap and he was money in short yardage.

RB: I wonder with Lawler and Richardson gone is there still room for Harris. I think he's still got enough gas for a reduced role. You can not deny he was still one of the top 3 RB's in the CFL when healthy last year. Curious though if Kyle Borsa cracks the roster and sticks for a year or 22 before leaving for the Riders (hometown prairie boys love the hometown team)

WR: Adams is signed now, we need Grant as our return man. Curious though as a last case scenerio could Banks be a stop gap and used as a retuner and WR...if so even with his attitude he might be a desperation attempt if Grant was to leave too. I wonder if the club is still interested in McKay...O'Leary-Orange being a signed Canadian WR has had some hype from coaches, players and fans that watch practice as being a possible rotational WR....Hearing the Bombers are kicking the tires on Ellingson.

OL: the strongest part of our team....bye bye Eli im sure he can be a starter somewhere too as he got a tonne of reps in our Offence this last season...we also have that draft pick Liam Dobson.

DL: Richardson gone is ok...Sayles and Walker were an amazing relief duo in place of Stove....our DL will be fine. It would be nice to get Hansen, Rose and Antigha back.

LB: it would be nice to bring Darby back but we already signed Maston and it seems like the club is high on Maston. Darby is a good insurance policy though for that SAM LB and HB positions...

DB: I have a feeling Alexander doesnt get signed till closer to the season due to his ACL injury. Mike Jones also suffered an ACL injury and is equally important, I think Jones is highly underrated.

Kicker: through the money Medlock type money at Castillo and bring him back.

keep in mind the upcomming draft and the Canadian Mafia has a very good track record of improving our team from any potential holes we may have
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

theaardvark

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on February 08, 2022, 12:30:28 AM
need an upgrade at backup QB...although with our OL we may be in an amazing position to try and develop our own future starter....worst case McGuire probably comes cheap and he was money in short yardage.

RB: I wonder with Lawler and Richardson gone is there still room for Harris. I think he's still got enough gas for a reduced role. You can not deny he was still one of the top 3 RB's in the CFL when healthy last year. Curious though if Kyle Borsa cracks the roster and sticks for a year or 22 before leaving for the Riders (hometown prairie boys love the hometown team)

WR: Adams is signed now, we need Grant as our return man. Curious though as a last case scenerio could Banks be a stop gap and used as a retuner and WR...if so even with his attitude he might be a desperation attempt if Grant was to leave too. I wonder if the club is still interested in McKay...O'Leary-Orange being a signed Canadian WR has had some hype from coaches, players and fans that watch practice as being a possible rotational WR....Hearing the Bombers are kicking the tires on Ellingson.

OL: the strongest part of our team....bye bye Eli im sure he can be a starter somewhere too as he got a tonne of reps in our Offence this last season...we also have that draft pick Liam Dobson.

DL: Richardson gone is ok...Sayles and Walker were an amazing relief duo in place of Stove....our DL will be fine. It would be nice to get Hansen, Rose and Antigha back.

LB: it would be nice to bring Darby back but we already signed Maston and it seems like the club is high on Maston. Darby is a good insurance policy though for that SAM LB and HB positions...

DB: I have a feeling Alexander doesnt get signed till closer to the season due to his ACL injury. Mike Jones also suffered an ACL injury and is equally important, I think Jones is highly underrated.

Kicker: through the money Medlock type money at Castillo and bring him back.

keep in mind the upcomming draft and the Canadian Mafia has a very good track record of improving our team from any potential holes we may have

Who did he sign with?

darvin adams 1@darvinadamsUN0
Replying to
@BobIrvingCJOB

My guy Bob!
From the looks of it @Wpg_BlueBombers don?t want me 2 come on down.

posted 9am this morning...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Pigskin on February 06, 2022, 06:30:38 PM
Well if Alexander signs, it sound like he will be on out for more than 6 games.

I am also surprised that we haven't sign Nick Taylor.

I doubt anyone signs Alexander until he heals up. Why risk money on a  guy who may not recover fully?

ichabod_crane

Quote from: theaardvark on February 08, 2022, 12:47:18 AM
Who did he sign with?

darvin adams 1@darvinadamsUN0
Replying to
@BobIrvingCJOB

My guy Bob!
From the looks of it @Wpg_BlueBombers don?t want me 2 come on down.

posted 9am this morning...

Or they are just waiting to see what the player landscape looks like come free agency start and if they can improve a little. Adams is not necessarily gonzo unless he really wants to. Not every pending free agent re-signs with their last team prior to free agency opening. Lots of kicking the tires going on for all sides.

the paw

As of this moment, we need to sign one legit starting receiver (doesn't have to be a superstar, but one with a proven track record), one rotational Canadian D-lineman, a returner, and a place kicker.

The rest we can get from recruiting, draft picks, etc. but the above is where we have to play in the free agency market IMHO. 

Ellingson would be great, but I would settle for Huff or Ricky Collins.
Makana Henry would be okay, or Betts if he doesn't end up somewhere else.
I am still hoping Janarion Grant comes back.
If we can't sign a placekicker better than Mourtada, I am ready to give Leggs another shot. 
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Sounds like Wade Miller is making an announcement tomorrow morning.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH RECEIVER GREG ELLINGSON

WINNIPEG, MB., February 8, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed veteran American receiver Greg Ellingson to a one-year contract.

Ellingson (6-3, 200; Florida International University; born: December 30, 1988, in Tampa, FL) ranks in the CFL's Top 50 in career receiving yardage, having amassed 7,952 yards on 549 yards and 42 touchdowns over 117 regular season games with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Ottawa RedBlacks and Edmonton Elks. He had 47 receptions for 687 yards and one TD in 10 games last year for Edmonton, ending his streak of five consecutive 1,000-yard seasons.

Now 33, Ellingson came to the CFL in 2013 after first signing as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011 and following stints with the New Orleans Voodoo and Tampa Bay Storm of the Arena League as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Ellingson had 52 receptions for 800 yards and six TDs in his first season with the Ticats and added 32 receptions for 429 yards in just nine games a year later. He signed as a free agent with Ottawa in 2015 and established himself as one of the league's best receivers through the next five seasons, four with the RedBlacks and one with Edmonton, by averaging 84 catches for 1,207 yards from 2015-19 before last year's shortened schedule.

He was named Ottawa's Most Outstanding Player in 2017 and was a four-time East Division All-Star while with the RedBlacks and West Division All-Star with Edmonton in 2019.

Ellingson played his college ball at Florida International University, catching 131 passes for 2,108 yards and 14 touchdowns in 48 games.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/08/blue-bombers-agree-terms-receiver-greg-ellingson/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-02-08   WPG   LUCIEN, Devin   WR   N   Arizona State   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   CALDWELL, Joshua   RB   N   Northwest Missouri State   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   STEWART, Josh   WR   A   Texas at San Antonio   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   ROSE, Ezekiel   DT   N   West Virginia   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   RICHARDSON, Steven   DL   A   Minnesota   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MOE, Mason   LB   N      Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MITCHELL, Bryant   WR   N   Northwestern State   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MILLER, Josh   DB   N   Ball State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MCKAY, Mekale   WR   A   Cincinnati   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MCGUIRE, Sean   QB   A   Western Illinois   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   MCDOUGLE, Dexter   DB   N   Maryland   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   LEWIS, Malcolm   WR   N   Miami   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   JOHNSON, Josh   DB   A   Purdue   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   HARRIS, Andrew   RB   N   Nanaimo Raiders Jr.   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   HANSEN, Thiadric   DL   A      Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   GRIFFITHS, Connor   DL   N   UBC   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   GRANT, Janarion   WR   A   Rutgers   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   ELI, Tavita   OL   N   Hawaii   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   DUCRE, Greg   DB   A   Washington   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   DARBY, Alden   LB   A   Arizona State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   CRAPIGNA, Tyler   K   N   McMaster   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   CHOUDJA, Patrick   DL   A   Nevada   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   CASTILLO, Sergio   K   A   West Texas A&M   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   CALDWELL, Kevin      N      Delete From Free Agent   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   BROWN, Kevin   LB   A   Cincinnati   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   APPLEBY, Austin   QB   N   Florida   Delete From Retired   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   ALEXANDER, Brandon   DB   A   Central Florida   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   ADAMS, Darvin   WR   A   Auburn   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   JONES, Mike   DB   A   Temple   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   LAWLER, Kenny   WR   A   California   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   ANTIGHA, Tobi   DL   A   Presbyterian College   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-02-08   WPG   OLIVEIRA, Brady   RB   N   North Dakota   Add To   Active Roster
2022-02-08   WPG   TAYLOR, Nicholas   DB   N   Florida International   Add To   Active Roster

gobombersgo

FREE AGENCY UPDATE
By Ed Tait

The doors to the Canadian Football League's free agent market officially swung open Tuesday morning, with the two-time defending Grey Cup champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers simultaneously landing a big receiver while taking some serious roster hits - including the departure of future hall-of-fame running back Andrew Harris.

And as all this unfolded in furious fashion, the club is still waiting on a decision from future hall of famer Andrew Harris, now officially a free agent.

Coming aboard as the day's marquee addition is veteran receiver Greg Ellingson - a five-time 1,000-yard man last with the Edmonton Elks - but exiting were Harris (Toronto), receivers Kenny Lawler (Edmonton) and Darvin Adams (Ottawa), along with dime back Alden Darby (Ottawa), defensive tackle Steven Richardson (B.C.) and cornerback Mike Jones (Montreal). Also leaving was defensive end/linebacker Tobi Antigha (Edmonton).

Couple those exits with the NFL departures of guard Drew Desjarlais and cornerback DeAundre Alford, and the Blue Bombers have now lost eight starters from last year's roster.

And even after all that, consider this: the Blue Bombers are still be considered Grey Cup favourites heading into 2022. Remember, that in the weeks leading up to today, management had already attacked its long list of pending free agents, which once numbered 41, by re-signing 22 players in quarterback Zach Collaros; defensive linemen Willie Jefferson, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jake Thomas, offensive linemen Stanley Bryant, Jermarcus Hardrick, Pat Neufeld, Michael Couture and Geoff Gray; receivers Rasheed Bailey, Drew Wolitarsky; running backs Brady Oliveira and Johnny Augustine; fullback Mike Miller; linebackers Adam Bighill, Jesse Briggs and Shayne Gauthier; defensive backs Winston Rose, Mercy Maston, Nick Taylor, Nick Hallett, and long-snapper Mike Benson.

The biggest change, though, sees Harris leave for the Argonauts after negotiations with his hometown team stalled. Blue Bombers GM Kyle Walters, speaking to the media prior to the news of Harris leaving, indicated that Harris was representing himself in the discussions and that the two sides couldn't agree on a contract.

"I know Andrew's done nothing but good things for this organization, and the face of the franchise and the local guy and has been part of the success over the last few years as we built this up the way we did," said Walters. "It's obviously a very difficult situation."

Walters added that the situation with Harris has been his most challenging as the Blue Bombers GM.

"I don't recall being in a spot like this," he said. "We're talking about a Hall of Fame running back, the face of our franchise. No, I've never been in a situation like this.

"It's tough on everybody. I mean, Andrew ... everything he's done, he's a leader. It's just at this point, it's a shi**y part of the business end of things. It's impossible not to be saddened by it. As much as you try to take a business approach end of things, of course, we've been here together for this long. It's a terrible situation."

On signing Ellingson:

"Well, once we realized what was going on with the Kenny Lawler contract status, and his agent was very open and honest with me throughout the process that it was going to be very difficult - impossible - to re-sign Kenny at those numbers. We started looking at various other options last week and trying to get something worked out. Greg brings in a veteran presence, we know him, and Zach (Collaros) have a relationship (from their days in Hamilton) and we expect him to come in and provide some stability and play that slotback position."

On what he expected the club to do today and the days ahead in free agency:
"I don't anticipate us (making a big splash in free agency). We don't have much left to spend. So, we'll be looking quiet today. Maybe add some ... if some players fall through the cracks over the next couple of days, just some depth pieces, at a price point that we can afford. But I don't think there will be much from the Bombers today.

"... we were so focused on the guys on our list trying to be re-signed that there really wasn't a ton of room for high-price guys to come in here. There's the standard (stuff), the agents all reach out and all kind of gauge interest and see what you can do, and then once you start hearing the price points that they're looking for. So, again, Winnipeg is obviously a successful organization the past few years, and where people want to go, but at this time of the year, the agents certainly are looking into trying to get their clients the best deal possible. And guys just coming over here, not being in the building, they're not going to leave their team to come to Winnipeg for less money, despite what they're hearing about our organization."

On the kicking situation, with Sergio Castillo unsigned:
"We've had some success bringing kickers into this league in years past. Sergio came in and obviously with the struggles we had last year were well documented, and Sergio came in and performed exactly like we thought he would when we traded for him. We'll see. There's a lot of time between now and training camp to sort that out.

" ... We really haven't had much talks with (Castillo). And someone's going to, there's got to be some give and take with this salary cap. As I've said all along, there's no way everyone's going to get fair market value. You just sort of have to look at your roster and figure out, through the depth on your current players, through the draft, through scouting, how on earth can you move on from some of them a little bit more easily than others is the reality."

On negotiations with safety Brandon Alexander, who was injured on the last play of the Grey Cup:
"I've spoken with Brandon, I've spoken with his agent. Obviously, he's injured, which adds an interesting layer to this. I expect Brandon to be back with us."

On the back-up quarterback situation with Sean McGuire now a free agent:
"We were kind of kicking the tires. With the turnover at that position in this league, it's tough to find one. Sean McGuire is currently maybe exploring options outside of football to move on with his life, so that adds a twist. He showed some good things the last couple of years, but again missing the pre-season game hurts and the one game he gets to play was terrible weather. And again, from the way our cap is, from a cost standpoint, we'd like to try to find somebody that has some CFL experience, but those are few and far between."

And, related to that, on the possibility of a return of Chris Streveler:

"He certainly would fit into our team, I don't know if he would fit into our salary cap. I guess that depends on how badly he would want to be in Winnipeg (chuckles). And again, his agent has made it perfectly clear to me: 'I wouldn't hold any money aside with the hopes of Streveler coming back anytime.' Which works out well, because we certainly don't have any money to hold aside."

On losing 'Stove' Richardson:
"Steven ... unbelievable. There's another one where Steven's going to get a nice, big payday. His agent was extremely grateful to us for giving him an opportunity and being able to show his talents and parlay this. We've got Casey Sayles and Ricky Walker who played last year when Steven was out and showed that they're pretty good football players. It just seemed like that Plan B was viable, versus some other Plan Bs. No disrespect to Steven Richardson, because he's an awesome player, awesome teammate. It's just one of those things where you're just trying to have the minimal post-damage to your roster."

On the days ahead:

"Once the roster shakes down after the next couple of days we'll see where we're at, and then Ted (Goveia, Assistant GM), Danny (McManus, Assistant GM) and myself, we'll get dialled in on exactly what needs to be added and where you're going to need your young guys to come in and play."

Here's a position-by-position look at the Bombers current roster as they head into Tuesday's free-agent market opening (*indicates Canadian; #indicates Global)

DEFENCE
Defensive line
Returning for '22: DE Willie Jefferson, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, DT Jake Thomas*, DT Casey Sayles, DT Ricky Walker.
New faces: DE Cedric Wilcots II (attended camp in 2021), DT Jojo Wicker.
Remaining Bomber free agents: DE Thiadric Hanson#, DT Ezekiel Rose.
Moving on: DT Steven Richardson (B.C.); DL Tobi Antigha (Edm.). DE Jonathan Kongbo signed with the Denver Broncos in January.

Linebackers
Returning for '22: Adam Bighill, Kyrie Wilson, Jesse Briggs*, Shayne Gauthier*, Tanner Cadwallader*, Robbie Lowes*, Les Maruo#
New faces: none as of yet.
Remaining Bomber free agents: Kevin Brown II
Moving on: none.

Secondary
Returning for '22: DB Deatrick Nichols, CB Winston Rose, DB Nick Taylor; Dime Mercy Maston; S Nick Hallett*, S Noah Hallett *, DB Demerio Houston, DB Redha Kramdi*
New faces: Mike Hampton, Donovan Olumba, Malcolm Thompson
Remaining Bomber free agents: S Brandon Alexander, DB Josh Johnson, DB Josh Miller
Moving on: Dime Alden Darby (Ott.); CB Mike Jones (Mtl.). Rookie all-star cornerback DeAundre Alford signed with the Atlanta Falcons in January.

OFFENCE

Quarterbacks
Returning for '22: Zach Collaros, Dru Brown
Remaining Bomber free agents: Sean McGuire

Receivers
Returning for '22: SB Nic Demski*, WR Drew Wolitarsky*, SB Rasheed Bailey, WR Brendan O'Leary-Orange*, SB Kelvin McKnight.
New faces: SB Greg Ellingson (Edm.); SB Blake Jackson (torn Achilles in training camp last year).
Remaining Bombers free agents: WR/KR Janarion Grant
Moving on: WR Kenny Lawler (Edm.); WR Darvin Adams (Ott.)

Running backs/Fullbacks
Returning for '22: RB Brady Oliveira*, RB Johnny Augustine*, FB Mike Miller*, RB Kyle Borsa*
Remaining Bomber free agents: RB Andrew Harris*

Offensive line
Returning for '22: LT Stanley Bryant, C Michael Couture*, RG Pat Neufeld*, RT Jermarcus Hardrick, G Geoff Gray*, G Chris Kolankowski*, OT Drew Richmond, OT Jalen Burks (spent last year on practice roster)
Remaining Bomber free agents: G/C Tui Eli*
Moving on: RG Drew Desjarlais* signed with the New England Patriots last month.

Specialists
Returning for '22: P/PK Marc Liegghio*, PK Ali Mourtada, LS Mike Benson*
Remaining Bomber free agents: PK Sergio Castillo, KR/WR Janarion Grant

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/08/free-agency-update/