Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH JOHNNY AUGUSTINE

WINNIPEG, MB., February 3, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian running back Johnny Augustine, who was scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Augustine dressed for all 14 games in 2021, rushing 40 times for 285 yards. The running back rushed 38 times for 242 yards in 2019, adding another six receptions for 92 yards and a touchdown. He made his first CFL start in the annual Labour Day Classic, rushing 12 times for 98 yards while adding four catches for 17 yards.

Augustine was not selected in the 2017 CFL Draft, but was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos and invited to their training camp that year. He returned to university after camp and was then signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders in February before being released before training camp and finally signing with the Bombers in May of 2018. Augustine earned a spot with the Bombers after an impressive training camp in 2018 that included rushing eight times for 81 yards and a touchdown in a preseason win over Edmonton.

Augustine played five seasons with the Guelph Gryphons, rushing for 2,742 yards and 28 touchdowns on 483 rushes. In his senior year, Augustine rushed for 690 yards and nine touchdowns on 122 carries.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/02/03/blue-bombers-agree-terms-johnny-augustine/

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-02-03   WPG   PONDER, Jermaine   DB   A   St. Francis University   Add To   Active Roster
2022-02-03   WPG   BAILEY, Rasheed   WR   A   Delaware Valley   Add To   Active Roster
2022-02-03   WPG   AUGUSTINE, Johnny   RB   N   Guelph   Add To   Active Roster
2022-02-03   WPG   WOLITARSKY, Drew   WR   N   Minnesota   Add To   Active Roster

Ponder was on Montreal's practice roster in 20221.

theaardvark

PLAYER   A/N/G   POS   COLLEGE   STATUS
ADAMS, Darvin   A   WR   Auburn   
ALEXANDER, Brandon   A   DB   Central Florida   

ANTIGHA, Tobi   A   DL   Presbyterian College   

AUGUSTINE, Johnny*   N   RB   Guelph   Extended 02/03/22
BAILEY, Rasheed   A   WR   Delaware Valley   Extended 02/02/22
BENSON, Mike*   N   LS   Acadia   Extended 01/24/22
BIGHILL, Adam   A   LB   Central Washington   Extended 01/20/22
BRIGGS, Jesse*   N   LB   McGill   Extended 01/16/22
BROWN, Kevin   A   LB   Cincinnati   
BRYANT, Stanley   A   OL   East Carolina   Extended 01/21/22
CALDWELL, Joshua   A   RB   Northwest Missouri State   
CASTILLO, Sergio   A   K   West Texas A&M   

COLLAROS, Zach   A   QB   Cincinnati   Extended 01/20/22
COUTURE, Michael*   N   OL   Simon Fraser   Extended 01/31/22
DARBY, Alden   A   DB   Arizona State   
DESJARLAIS, Drew*   N   OL   Windsor   Released 01/25/22
DUCRE, Greg   A   DB   Washington   
ELI, Tavita*   N   OL   Hawaii

GAUTHIER, Shayne*   N   LB   Laval   Extended 01/19/22
GRANT, Janarion   A   WR   Rutgers   
GRAY, Geoff*   N   OL   Manitoba   Extended 01/17/22
GRIFFITHS, Connor*   N   DL   UBC   
HALLETT, Nick*   N   DB   Toronto   Extended 01/3/22
HANSEN, Thiadric   G   LB   Potsdam Royals   
HARDRICK, Jermarcus   A   OL   Nebraska   Extended 01/06/22
HARRIS, Andrew*   N   RB   Nanaimo Raiders Jr.   
JEFFCOAT, Jackson   A   DL   Texas   Extended 01/07/22
JEFFERSON, Willie   A   DE   Stephen F. Austin State   Extended 01/07/22
JOHNSON, Josh   A   DB   Purdue   
JONES, Mike   A   DB   Temple

KONGBO, Jonathan*   N   DE   Tennessee   Released 01/12/22
LAWLER, Kenny   A   WR   California   
LEWIS, Malcolm   A   WR   Miami

MASTON, Mercy   A   DB   Boise State   Extended 02/02/22
MCDOUGLE, Dexter   A   DB   Maryland   
MCGUIRE, Sean   A   QB   Western Illinois   
MCKAY, Mekale   A   WR   Cincinnati   
MILLER, Josh   A   DB   Ball State   

MILLER, Mike*   N   FB   Acadia   Extended 01/13/22
MOE, Mason   A   LB   UC Davis   
NEUFELD, Patrick*   N   OL   Saskatchewan   Extended 01/11/22
OLIVEIRA, Brady*   N   RB   North Dakota   Extended 02/07/22
RICHARDSON, Steven   A   DT   Minnesota   
ROSE, Ezekiel   A   DT   West Virginia

ROSE, Winston   A   DB   New Mexico State   Extended 02/01/22
TAYLOR, Nicholas   A   DB   Florida International   Extended 02/07/22
THOMAS, Jake*   N   DL   Acadia   Extended 01/05/22
WOLITARSKY, Drew*   A   WR   Minnesota   Extended 01/31/22

By my count.... 6 starters left un-signed...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

You count wrong: Darby, Taylor, Richardson, Harris, Adams, Alexander, Castillo, Grant and Mike Jones ( now that we've lost Alford ). That assumes you're also discounting losing Lawler which is probably true.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

OK, 8, forgot Taylor... Castillo and Grant are ST starters, so not usually counted in the starting 24, so if you count them, add Hansen as well...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on February 05, 2022, 06:36:51 PM
OK, 8, forgot Taylor... Castillo and Grant are ST starters, so not usually counted in the starting 24, so if you count them, add Hansen as well...

Castillo and Grant have roles as important as starters which can't be discounted. I don't think we get Castillo back but that is a critical role and I define the kickers and returners as starters. Going beyond that all DI's are essentially rotational starters but that's just a point of view.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Cricket chirping again today for the bombers. 

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2022, 08:15:24 PM

Hopefully they are re-signing players but haven't made announcements. Tuesday is coming quickly and I wonder who we'll lose. Lawler almost certainly. Castillo still looking at NFL.  Don't usually hear much on Sundays even if transactions are made. Could be some catching up across the league on Monday with some rapid fire decisions.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

road griller

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2022, 08:15:24 PM

They have been doing well, probably making sure they are doing everything right according to their plan and maximizing ever dollar.  This team is already in good shape, they will be fighting it out with the Stamps for  first place all season.    No need for panic, this team will be very, very good.

Blue In BC

Quote from: road griller on February 05, 2022, 08:59:49 PM
They have been doing well, probably making sure they are doing everything right according to their plan and maximizing ever dollar.  This team is already in good shape, they will be fighting it out with the Stamps for  first place all season.    No need for panic, this team will be very, very good.

No panic just reality. We have no idea of who will be lost or gained in free agency. Every other team seems to be in similar situations.

Currently we have 7 starters on offence signed: 4 OL, 3 receivers and our QB. On defence we have 6 starters signed: 3 DL, 2 LB's and 1 DB. That's 13 of 24 and that doesn't include important ST players like Grant and Castillo.

Predicting who will end up fighting for 1st is pointless until at least the beginning of TC. Then you can at least determine what a roster might look like. Bombers have better coaching than most if not all teams so that gives us a leg up.

Next week will give us some new info as to which players from 2021 will be back
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: road griller on February 05, 2022, 08:59:49 PM

I don't agree with the Stamps. The Riders are going to be a very good team this year again with the GC in there backyard.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2022, 09:37:08 PM
I don't agree with the Stamps. The Riders are going to be a very good team this year again with the GC in there backyard.

Just another guess. They have 27 potential free agents. Lost Micah Johnson already. Look to lose Purifoy and Gainey shortly. So what their roster looks like in a week or before TC is up in the air. At least they have a better QB than the Elks at the moment and probably the Lions. So they should be in the hunt barring injury.

Players have had the time to get offers in the last week and there has been some movement. OTOH, lots of starters in most teams have not moved and will reach free agency.

Could be lots of movement over Tuesday / Wednesday or lots of players re-signing with current teams.

Honestly don't know what to expect on any team. Fingers are crossed we get more of our players back. I don't think we'll be big players in free agency from other teams.

Could there be surprises on the horizon?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

road griller

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2022, 09:37:08 PM

Lol, if you don?t think the Stamps are playing for #1 you are disillusioned.  The Riders will be competing for 3rd at best.  Winnipeg and Calgary are # 1 and 2.

Pigskin

Well if Alexander signs, it sound like he will be on out for more than 6 games.

I am also surprised that we haven't sign Nick Taylor.