Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Bombers' OL Jermarcus Hardrick gets well-earned raise but still prioritizes team with contract extension

The 31-year-old's new deal has put him among the league's highest-paid American right tackles at $150,000, per source, alongside Edmonton's Colin Kelly and B.C.'s Ryker Mathews.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/07/jermarcus-hardrick-gets-well-earned-raise/

Jesse

Quote from: gobombersgo on January 08, 2022, 01:03:10 PM
Bombers' OL Jermarcus Hardrick gets well-earned raise but still prioritizes team with contract extension

The 31-year-old's new deal has put him among the league's highest-paid American right tackles at $150,000, per source, alongside Edmonton's Colin Kelly and B.C.'s Ryker Mathews.

https://3downnation.com/2022/01/07/jermarcus-hardrick-gets-well-earned-raise/

That seems like a fair deal.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on January 08, 2022, 02:36:41 PM
That seems like a fair deal.

Agreed. Not outrageous but in line with the market for top American tackles. Seems super fair to all IMO.
#Ride?

Lincoln Locomotive

He is a key component of our O-line and he's worth every penny as is Bryant!   
Bomber fan for life

dd

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on January 08, 2022, 09:29:59 PM
Have we signed Collaros yet???

No reports to indicate that yet but I have no doubt he'll be re-signed before free agency.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

He is THE player we MUST re sign. It?s great we ve got the cornerstones. Of our O and D line under contract but we need Zack back, no if ands buts or maybes. Same with biggie

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 09, 2022, 01:36:40 PM
No reports to indicate that yet but I have no doubt he'll be re-signed before free agency.

BLM just signed a contract that will potentially pay him $485k if he hits his bonuses, $425k if he doesn't.  His effectiveness last season was worth less than half that number, I was hoping Walters could stand firm with Zach but hard to see it when QB wages are showing no sign of correction.  Stamps season ticket sales and attendance looked to be atrocious last season.

dd

We need to know what is the salary figure needed to sign ZC as that will determine what?s left for others. He is THE priority to resign as without him our chances of success are compromised dramatically.

the paw

Quote from: dd on January 09, 2022, 09:39:59 PM
We need to know what is the salary figure needed to sign ZC as that will determine what?s left for others. He is THE priority to resign as without him our chances of success are compromised dramatically.

Collaros had restructured his contract for 2021 to $410k, which was then pro-rated.  So if Bo sets the new benchmark at $485k, then the Bombers can get Zach competitive without gutting their roster in other places.  But it will likely mean sticking with an affordable noob at #2.
grab grass 'n growl

dd

And no doubt that is wxactly why we have the Qb stable we have. Our backups are cheap short yardage Qb s only, we are dead if ZC gets injured which is likely to happen this season, as pre ty much every starter but him lost games due to injury this year and can?t see us going 2 years in a row injury free. Thing is , where do you find the money to pay a decent backup Qb when we are retaining all our blue chip players, so it?s live with McGuire as backup or we lose a starting receiver for a decent backup

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on January 10, 2022, 04:19:09 AM
And no doubt that is wxactly why we have the Qb stable we have. Our backups are cheap short yardage Qb s only, we are dead if ZC gets injured which is likely to happen this season, as pre ty much every starter but him lost games due to injury this year and can?t see us going 2 years in a row injury free. Thing is , where do you find the money to pay a decent backup Qb when we are retaining all our blue chip players, so it?s live with McGuire as backup or we lose a starting receiver for a decent backup

Stamps re-signed Maier in the $185K range so there is no reason the Bombers can't add a back up QB for similar money. That's if one is available in that range. We might have McGuire back or a
raw rookie. TBD.

Only about 8 QB's as potential free agents. Not many that we'd want or could afford in that kind of range but it's not outside the possibility. Perhaps a QB with some NFL experience that's bounced around.

I'm still waiting to see what happens Harris and whether he finds a starting role somewhere. If not what teams would be interested in him as a # 2 QB and at what price.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 10, 2022, 01:04:03 PM
Stamps re-signed Maier in the $185K range so there is no reason the Bombers can't add a back up QB for similar money. That's if one is available in that range. We might have McGuire back or a
raw rookie. TBD.

Only about 8 QB's as potential free agents. Not many that we'd want or could afford in that kind of range but it's not outside the possibility. Perhaps a QB with some NFL experience that's bounced around.

I'm still waiting to see what happens Harris and whether he finds a starting role somewhere. If not what teams would be interested in him as a # 2 QB and at what price.

Remember, CGY renegotiated Bo's deal down $40k after his struggles last year, wheras Collaros is due for a raise based on coming of an MOP / GC MVP year... and both CGY QB's have bonuses tied to playing time that only one can attain.  So, there are some QB SMS dynamics there...

We are not moving on from McGuire or Brown, IMHO.  If McGuire gets a better offer in FA, Brown becomes #2, and we get a #3... like any team, if a QB situation happens, around vet cutdown day, there may be bodies available, and at the trade deadline there will be trades available. 

Much more important than having someone riding the pines "just in case", is having a team in front of ZC8 that keeps him upright and the ball moving down the field.  I'd rather spend an extra $75k on that than a backup QB...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 10, 2022, 01:04:03 PM
raw rookie. TBD.

Dominique Davis should be fairly cheap, question is whether he is better than McGuire at this point in his career, I think he is.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 10, 2022, 04:12:33 PM
Dominique Davis should be fairly cheap, question is whether he is better than McGuire at this point of his career, I think he is.

Been there, done that.  Sorry, Davis will be available to bring in and back up McGuire should we have an issue.  McGuire still has opportunity to show potential, we are quite aware of what Davis can do.  THAT is the biggest difference...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.