Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 03, 2022, 10:30:57 PM
Does Boudreau get consideration should he shake free?

PLD might bridge at 6.75, but long term its over 8... closer to 9... and of all people, KC81 will be the least concerned about that.  But "what's best for me" MS55... well... nuff said.

There are more media reports coming out saying that PL29 wasn't the issue... that it was BW26 and MS55.... guess I'm not alone. 

A agree, enough said already. Won't that be nice not to hear you cry about BW26 and MS55.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Lotta real action in moves for the Jets ...... Head coach & staff of assistants will have us waiting each day for this finalization

Currently showing on Cap Friendly for next season;
a need for 1 goalie (Comrie is now unsigned), also 1 Dman as only 6 listed and 7 forward spots of the usual 13 contracts carried
So if we round it out to $64.5M spent already then with the Cap going up a Mill ...... the Jets have $18.M to spend on 9 contracts

So from that $$ what does Dubois get ....... hopefully only $7.M which would leave $11.M to register 8 contracts

Let the fans begin guessing on how to get the math gets done and we field a competitive team  
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on May 03, 2022, 10:46:12 PM
Lotta real action in moves for the Jets ...... Head coach & staff of assistants will have us waiting each day for this finalization

Currently showing on Cap Friendly for next season;
a need for 1 goalie (Comrie is now unsigned), also 1 Dman as only 6 listed and 7 forward spots of the usual 13 contracts carried
So if we round it out to $64.5M spent already then with the Cap going up a Mill ...... the Jets have $18.M to spend on 9 contracts

So from that $$ what does Dubois get ....... hopefully only $7.M which would leave $11.M to register 8 contracts

Let the fans begin guessing on how to get the math gets done and we field a competitive team  
[/quote

I would like to see the Jets do a 2 year bridge deal with PL80 for about 6.5M. This would leave decent money to sign our other FA's. BW26 contract is done in 2 years and then give PL80 the big contract.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 04, 2022, 03:50:40 AM

I would like to see the Jets do a 2 year bridge deal with PL80 for about 6.5M. This would leave decent money to sign our other FA's. BW26 contract is done in 2 years and then give PL80 the big contract.

Problem with that is he will be UFA... and we have zero control over where he signs...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 03, 2022, 10:30:57 PM
There are more unfounded media reports rumours coming out saying that PL29 wasn't the issue... that it was BW26 and MS55.... guess I'm not alone. 

FTFY
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2022, 06:19:39 AM
Problem with that is he will be UFA... and we have zero control over where he signs...

I can see it being a bridge just because it's a flat cap right now, and neither team or player will want to sign long-term under these conditions. Chevy said they already discussed that part of it.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on May 04, 2022, 02:07:24 PM
I can see it being a bridge just because it's a flat cap right now, and neither team or player will want to sign long-term under these conditions. Chevy said they already discussed that part of it.

A bridge a player can play out of... but as long as you are ready to extend before the bridge ends, and for a premium over what the open market will bring, its better than nothing.  A long term deal now assures a player of that pay, regardless cap, injury or circumstance.  These are guaranteed contracts, and can be structured favourably for the player.  Yes, the player will give up some earning potential.  But they gain assurances long term.  A long term deal that puts him under contract until he is 31 sets him for life, and still leaves a potential for a final contract at the top of his game. 

The key to a long term deal right now is to assure him this is a place he'd like to make home for a long time.  That starts at the top, as well as in the room....  Chevy is the most important cog in getting him to stay long term, both in what he says and what he does coming into the draft...

Does PLD80 get offer sheeted?  Has Chevy PO'd anyone enough to try?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Any player can get an offer sheet. The likelihood is pretty low considering the compensation, though. And consider it's only happened four times in last decade with only one being successful (not matched) for the offering team: Kotkaniemi in 2021 by the Hurricanes.

I can't see it happening in Dubois' case, which could also depend on his arbitration eligibility.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 09, 2022, 02:13:03 PM
Barry Trotz is now available.

And...?

Local, sure... but is he the right motivator for this group? 

I am sure a lot of potentials will shake out shortly...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 09, 2022, 04:00:29 PM
And...?

And he'd be the best available coach out there now to address the team's defensive issues.

His being local has nothing to with it. He's a proven winner.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on May 09, 2022, 04:00:29 PM
And...?

Aards, this is one of the best coaches (if not the best) in the league.

There is going to be massive competition for his services, we just hope we're in the conversation.

He is in a teir above any other candidate who is or will become available.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 09, 2022, 04:21:56 PM
Aards, this is one of the best coaches (if not the best) in the league.

There is going to be massive competition for his services, we just hope we're in the conversation.

He is in a teir above any other candidate who is or will become available.

TNSE needs to pull out all the stops to try and get him here, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-should-make-hard-push-to-bring-barry-trotz-home-to-coach/

I can't think of a better option available to help this roster find a more consistent two-way game and play more responsibly away from the puck.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 09, 2022, 04:55:54 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-should-make-hard-push-to-bring-barry-trotz-home-to-coach/

I can't think of a better option available to help this roster find a more consistent two-way game and play more responsibly away from the puck.

Unfortunately every team with an opening is going to feel the same way.

Including teams who may not have fired their coach, but may if they can land Trotz.

My wife is amazing!