Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So... Jets get to play hockey in May... unfortunately its a make up game...

Just looking at the roster, and wondering how we got so unbalanced, left and right...

On the roster, we have 1 RW listed (BW26)

We have 2 RH D (Np4, DD2)

We have 3 RH skaters (MA22, MS55, BW26)

What kind of GM hands a coach that unbalanced a lineup?   If they don't re-sign MA22 and trade MS55 and BW26 (chuckle), no RH skaters left...

Having that many players playing off their natural position... yikes... and RH shots on the PP, have to wonder if that's why NP4 is on the PP...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

^ This weird narrative of yours that nobody serious in the hockey world shares is bordering on trolling at this point
#Ride?

blue_or_die

and that?s a wrap for the 2021-22 campaign. Disappointing to be sure and the org needs to figure out how to right the ship. Still always somber when the season ends regardless of the result. On to 2022-23!

Thanks for the first 11 years of Jets 2.0, Dennis. You are a class act and the best in the business!
#Ride?

Pigskin

I can't believe that your just figuring out our lack of RW, and players in general that shot right.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Really is a wrenching reality of missing the playoffs for all involved including we, the fans
Happy at least to see the comeback & win by a goal today.  Well done Comrie, Wheels, Harkins, Barrron & of course the great #81.
Nice 4 game win streak to end the season

Beyak heard some heartfelt words from many and then graced our ears with a very nice going away gift
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

MS55 is done - aards was correct. 

I still say Chevy needs to go - need a new vision, need a new plan. 

It will be a long time before I pay to see the Jets.

theaardvark

Wow... wondering if Chevy can get Laine value for MS55...   He's on a team friendly contract...

A top 6 RW would be nice, a top RW optimal, if not a top RW, then a 2nd RW and dp / prospect...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on May 02, 2022, 12:31:34 AM
MS55 is done - aards was correct. 

I still say Chevy needs to go - need a new vision, need a new plan. 

It will be a long time before I pay to see the Jets.

Chevy has been signed to an extension.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on May 02, 2022, 02:16:47 AM
Chevy has been signed to an extension.

Yah.  Saw that last night. Mistake IMO.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Am I missing some gossip or fact to do with ?MS55 is done? ?
Someone please clarify if their is a confirmation or just ?wishing and hoping ?  ?? thanks

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

If Chevy gets a three year extension, then I guess we won't see a lot of change...  but it was interesting to see the Jets fans in my social media feeds all doing a 180 on MS55 after his new comments about "doing what's best for me", and "I'm in the prime of my career"...  both smack of "team first"... NOT!

If you are looking for new scenery, the best way to let your GM make a deal for you is broadcast it that you want out.  Drive the price way down, put your GM in a no win, thanks.Let everyone know you need to be moved before the season...

BW26 has made a very solid turn around since the comments made earlier, and I'm good with him not getting moved.  He can either wear the "C" as PLD80 works with an "A" towards the "C".  Or, can take the support role of an "A" behind PLD80 with the "C".  Whether it was post covid blah's, Maurice withdrawl or dealing with MS55's pending departure (you have to think the room knew this a while ago), I think he has turned a corner.  The last few games, he's been pretty darned good, Stashny might be worth resigning after all, keeping 26, 25, 27 together might be a good fit.  NE27 has looked magical out there, reminds me of Burmistrov but good.  The way he skates on the periphery and then sees a hole in the D and dives in like a hawk to the net, draws everyone in, and makes a no-look pass on the tape, amazing.

Need a top notch RW back for MS55.. someone that can play with PLD80 and KC81.  Top two lines of 81,80, x and 25, 26, 27 would be an awesome

Quote from: Jockitch on May 02, 2022, 02:59:15 PM
Am I missing some gossip or fact to do with ?MS55 is done? ?
Someone please clarify if their is a confirmation or just ?wishing and hoping ?  ?? thanks

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-have-to-determine-mark-scheifeles-future-ahead-of-critical-off-season/

?I'd love to be in Winnipeg, but I also have to see where this is all going and what direction this team is going in and I guess we'll see this summer,? said Scheifele. ?I?m in the prime of my career. I still have so much to improve on too and I like where my game is at. I like the physical nature that my body is at. I?m only improving, I?m only getting better and I?m only going to be a better player next year than I was this year.

?I just have to know where this team is going and what the direction is and what the changes are going to be, if any. I have to think about my career and what?s going to be best for me. Those are going to be?talks with my agents and everyone in my family and stuff like that and figure out what I really want. So, it will be a tough talk tomorrow.?

WINNIPEG ? The intensity of the organizational audit is about to ramp up exponentially, but the individual conducting the internal investigation is going nowhere.

Although there has yet to be a formal announcement, Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has been given a three-year contract extension to continue to run the hockey team.

Thanks to a 4-3 win over the Seattle Kraken on Sunday afternoon, the Jets have officially entered what could be the most important off-season in franchise history.

With a record of 39-32-11, the Jets finished in sixth place in the Central Division, missing the playoffs eight points behind the Nashville Predators for the second and final wild-card berth in the Western Conference.

Cheveldayoff is the only GM the Jets have known since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg in 2011 and he?s got some important decisions to make as it pertains to the direction of the hockey club and its roster composition.
'I just have to understand where this team is going' Scheifele mulls future with Jets
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 1:37

Near the top of that list of priorities is determining the future of centre Mark Scheifele.

Scheifele missed the final nine games of the season with a shoulder injury but he finished second in team scoring with 29 goals and 70 points - marking the sixth consecutive campaign that he?s been a point-per-game player.

But with only two years left on his current contract (which carries an average annual value of $6.125 million) and some concerns being raised about his level of defensive play, it?s possible that the Jets will be entertaining trade offers for Scheifele, who will have no shortage of suitors if he ends up being available.

Scheifele spoke to reporters for the first time since suffering the injury after taking a hit from Ottawa Senators forward Parker Kelly on April 10 and he sounded like a guy who was unclear about whether or not he will be sticking around.

?I'd love to be in Winnipeg, but I also have to see where this is all going and what direction this team is going in and I guess we'll see this summer,? said Scheifele. ?I?m in the prime of my career. I still have so much to improve on too and I like where my game is at. I like the physical nature that my body is at. I?m only improving, I?m only getting better and I?m only going to be a better player next year than I was this year.

?I just have to know where this team is going and what the direction is and what the changes are going to be, if any. I have to think about my career and what?s going to be best for me. Those are going to be?talks with my agents and everyone in my family and stuff like that and figure out what I really want. So, it will be a tough talk tomorrow.?

The timing of the injury meant Scheifele had already taken some time for careful reflection and he shared some of those thoughts about the need to turn the page.

?It?s one of those years you look back on and some of it?s a blur and some of it?s really clear. It?s definitely a year I?ll try to forget a little bit,? said Scheifele. ?It was a tough one, from a lot of things, COVID, injuries, coach leaving, a new coach coming in, all that stuff. Olympics, yeah, I?d forgotten about that already. It?s one of those years where it sucked, it was a crappy ending. But like I said before you can?t dwell on it too long, you have to reflect and think about the good and the bad and the ugly and come back better next year.?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1521130754188754945

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 02, 2022, 03:12:01 PM
If Chevy gets a three year extension, then I guess we won't see a lot of change...  but it was interesting to see the Jets fans in my social media feeds all doing a 180 on MS55 after his new comments about "doing what's best for me", and "I'm in the prime of my career"...  both smack of "team first"... NOT!

If you are looking for new scenery, the best way to let your GM make a deal for you is broadcast it that you want out.  Drive the price way down, put your GM in a no win, thanks.Let everyone know you need to be moved before the season...

BW26 has made a very solid turn around since the comments made earlier, and I'm good with him not getting moved.  He can either wear the "C" as PLD80 works with an "A" towards the "C".  Or, can take the support role of an "A" behind PLD80 with the "C".  Whether it was post covid blah's, Maurice withdrawl or dealing with MS55's pending departure (you have to think the room knew this a while ago), I think he has turned a corner.  The last few games, he's been pretty darned good, Stashny might be worth resigning after all, keeping 26, 25, 27 together might be a good fit.  NE27 has looked magical out there, reminds me of Burmistrov but good.  The way he skates on the periphery and then sees a hole in the D and dives in like a hawk to the net, draws everyone in, and makes a no-look pass on the tape, amazing.

Need a top notch RW back for MS55.. someone that can play with PLD80 and KC81.  Top two lines of 81,80, x and 25, 26, 27 would be an awesome

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-have-to-determine-mark-scheifeles-future-ahead-of-critical-off-season/

WINNIPEG ? The intensity of the organizational audit is about to ramp up exponentially, but the individual conducting the internal investigation is going nowhere.

Although there has yet to be a formal announcement, Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has been given a three-year contract extension to continue to run the hockey team.

Thanks to a 4-3 win over the Seattle Kraken on Sunday afternoon, the Jets have officially entered what could be the most important off-season in franchise history.

With a record of 39-32-11, the Jets finished in sixth place in the Central Division, missing the playoffs eight points behind the Nashville Predators for the second and final wild-card berth in the Western Conference.

Cheveldayoff is the only GM the Jets have known since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg in 2011 and he?s got some important decisions to make as it pertains to the direction of the hockey club and its roster composition.
'I just have to understand where this team is going' Scheifele mulls future with Jets
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 1:37

Near the top of that list of priorities is determining the future of centre Mark Scheifele.

Scheifele missed the final nine games of the season with a shoulder injury but he finished second in team scoring with 29 goals and 70 points - marking the sixth consecutive campaign that he?s been a point-per-game player.

But with only two years left on his current contract (which carries an average annual value of $6.125 million) and some concerns being raised about his level of defensive play, it?s possible that the Jets will be entertaining trade offers for Scheifele, who will have no shortage of suitors if he ends up being available.

Scheifele spoke to reporters for the first time since suffering the injury after taking a hit from Ottawa Senators forward Parker Kelly on April 10 and he sounded like a guy who was unclear about whether or not he will be sticking around.

The timing of the injury meant Scheifele had already taken some time for careful reflection and he shared some of those thoughts about the need to turn the page.

?It?s one of those years you look back on and some of it?s a blur and some of it?s really clear. It?s definitely a year I?ll try to forget a little bit,? said Scheifele. ?It was a tough one, from a lot of things, COVID, injuries, coach leaving, a new coach coming in, all that stuff. Olympics, yeah, I?d forgotten about that already. It?s one of those years where it sucked, it was a crappy ending. But like I said before you can?t dwell on it too long, you have to reflect and think about the good and the bad and the ugly and come back better next year.?

Man your up and down and all over the map. Get rid of BW26, kept him. He's done, no he's not.

AL17 or CP91 are 2nd. line C. Now kept PS25 play him with 26/27. Now AL17 and CP91 are not 2nd. line C. 

Get rid of Chevy, we have no RW, really we haven't had any since we traded PL29, and JR.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Shortly after asking about MS55 , took the time to find that short clip of his comments after the game

Certainly a young man who might think he?s been slighted by organization pieces
Is there a big chance that his ego wants it his way. Is this a Rodgers personality in a Jet uni ?
Is he disturbed by the success  of PLD and the potentially big bump in $$ for Dubois ?

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on May 02, 2022, 03:55:36 PM
Shortly after asking about MS55 , took the time to find that short clip of his comments after the game

Certainly a young man who might think he?s been slighted by organization pieces
Is there a big chance that his ego wants it his way. Is this a Rodgers personality in a Jet uni ?
Is he disturbed by the success  of PLD and the potentially big bump in $$ for Dubois ?

There is no doubt in my mind that Dubois will get the same or more money as MS55 in a bridge, and BW26 money in a max term deal, either way, MS55 will be slighted.  That will make MS55 the defacto "1b"C... and defiantly not the shiny new toy he once was...