Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 11, 2022, 09:30:38 PM
"New" as in different... 

Do you think the "New" coach will be able to change the team dynamic with BW26 and MS55?

You shouldn't have said new, then. You should've said different. He was on the staff when Maurice stepped down; nothing has changed.

You make it sound like Wheeler and Scheifele are the problem with this team. If that is your assertion, I would conclude you don't watch the Jets closely enough on a game-to-game basis.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 11, 2022, 09:44:27 PM
You shouldn't have said new, then. You should've said different. He was on the staff when Maurice stepped down; nothing has changed.

You make it sound like Wheeler and Scheifele are the problem with this team. If that is your assertion, I would conclude you don't watch the Jets closely enough on a game-to-game basis.

Sorry you didn't understand that any time you have a coach quit, by definition, the new coach is new.  He wasn't the head coach before, and is now.  New.

Interesting stat they mentioned near the end of game... the Jets are 5-0 when BW26 and MS55 are not in the lineup...

5-0

Just sayin'

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

When your playing the last place team in the league and there playing there 3rd. string goalie, it's a game you have to win.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 12, 2022, 02:53:18 AM
Sorry you didn't understand that any time you have a coach quit, by definition, the new coach is new.  He wasn't the head coach before, and is now.  New.

Interesting stat they mentioned near the end of game... the Jets are 5-0 when BW26 and MS55 are not in the lineup...

5-0

Just sayin'

LOL

Lowry's title is literally interim head coach. A new head coach will hopefully hired in the off-season.

And then a little confirmation bias for good measure. Pairs well with the mental gymnastics.

"Just sayin'." ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Tomorrow's game has been postponed due to the storm heading our way. It'll be played instead on May 1st.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

So, as much heat as Chevy has taken, they have garnered a nice player in Barron for Copp.. and Sanford is not too bad either...

What to do with the D now... Stanley, Heinola and most importantly Samberg need to be in the lineup...  
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

A Win is a win ........ so extremely happy that the victory was the result of the effort last night regardless of Habs terrible record

I'm a bit of a broken record when mentioning, again, how I enjoy effort from Barron & Samberg ...... last night was special for Barron indeed

Anyone hear anything on 55's injury & whether Wheeler is fit to play in Florida 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Samberg seems like a pretty good fit so far. Could be an important piece in the near future.

Has Stanley been a healthy scratch recently? He hasn't played for some time.

As for Scheifele and Wheeler, I'd probably sit them both until they're completely healthy. Although, it's not like they'll be playing past the end of the month, so it probably doesn't make a difference.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on April 12, 2022, 08:10:07 PM
A Win is a win ........ so extremely happy that the victory was the result of the effort last night regardless of Habs terrible record

I'm a bit of a broken record when mentioning, again, how I enjoy effort from Barron & Samberg ...... last night was special for Barron indeed

Anyone hear anything on 55's injury & whether Wheeler is fit to play in Florida 

If MS55 and BW26 both golf tomorrow they should be good to go. lol

Yup Barron has looked good, and will probably fit in nicely with 17/22 next season. Some control $$ left on him also.

I like Sanford, but he's an UFA and was making 2M per. Another guy that could play with 17/22 on the third line. But not a top 6 forward.

Samberg, doesn't make the mistake the Stanley and Ville make. Stanley has the size and the toughness the Jets need. Ville has the best skills of the three handling the puck. But we already have NP4, and JM44, and both are more physical then Ville.

Jockitch

Golfing in Florida ?? have done it several times and would offer to be a Jets caddy

Tools that Samberg has will threaten Stanley ice time.  Plus Kovacevic, guest a few weeks ago during a Moose game called him one of the top Dmen in the AHL., should be passing Heinola for different reasons

No break from Dallas or the Canucks last night

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

The Stars only have 4 games left, but are 7 points ahead of us but we have some tough games ahead of us. The Canucks right now are on a roll with a 4 game winning streak.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on April 13, 2022, 04:16:07 PM
The Stars only have 4 games left, but are 7 points ahead of us and we have some tough games ahead of us. The Canucks right now are on a roll with a 4 game winning streak.

You're cute.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on April 13, 2022, 04:23:26 PM
You're cute.

So my 12 year old Grandson says, some old guy responded to my post, You're cute. Creepy.

Jockitch

We wish the Stars only had 4 games left but unfortunately have 9 with 6 at home

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Well no Jets tonight, but Vladi with 3 home runs tonight.