Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Schmidt draws back in while Heinola joins Brooks in the Press box

Watched Wings last night squeak out a win despite being outshot big time ....... they can be beaten by 4 on any night but HellB needs to be sharp
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

It's next season territory, so might as well just have fun with the remaining games.

I don't understand why Heinola sits. He needs to play.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 06, 2022, 09:47:42 PM
It's next season territory, so might as well just have fun with the remaining games.

I don't understand why Heinola sits. He needs to play.

He does. He needs as much work as we can get at the NHL level.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Helli with another very strong game tonight.

17/22 are playing well together, doesn't matter who you throw in there with them.

Lowry pulling the goalie with over 3 minutes left in a one goal game????

Well now it's the Moose and the Ice.

Jockitch

Not officially out of the race but ??.. I?ve gotta be an adult about this

Is it to early for our GM to be given the pink slip
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on April 07, 2022, 05:11:06 AM
Not officially out of the race but ??.. I?ve gotta be an adult about this

Is it to early for our GM to be given the pink slip

I don't know what happens to Chevy, but right now his job is to take Lowry aside and tell him the season is over, start playing the young guys.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

I'm not saying we *have* to bloe it up, but we have to blow it up.

Clean house. 

Chevy, the entire coaching staff, and even MS55 / BW26...

Find an exciting young GM, a quality coach that he can work with, and start a new page. 

Fire Chevy now, to allow for maximum time to evaluate the current roster and prepare for the draft...

Latest you can wait to fire Chevy is mathematical elimination day.  Any longer and you are losing valuable time in the retool.

Or, hear me out, Maurice calls Chevy and says "Hey, bud.  Do the right thing, I didn't resign to let you continue to mess up the team."

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on April 07, 2022, 03:07:10 PM
I'm not saying we *have* to bloe it up, but we have to blow it up.

Clean house. 

Chevy, the entire coaching staff, and even MS55 / BW26...

Find an exciting young GM, a quality coach that he can work with, and start a new page. 

Fire Chevy now, to allow for maximum time to evaluate the current roster and prepare for the draft...

Latest you can wait to fire Chevy is mathematical elimination day.  Any longer and you are losing valuable time in the retool.

Or, hear me out, Maurice calls Chevy and says "Hey, bud.  Do the right thing, I didn't resign to let you continue to mess up the team."

I see we are back to MS55 again. Wasn't he the only guy that scored last night. Not sure anyone is going to take BW26 at 8.2M and 37 years old.

Blowing up the front office and coaching staff I am all for.

55/26 combined 120 points this year. Have to find a couple of player to replace that.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on April 07, 2022, 03:28:42 PM
I see we are back to MS55 again. Wasn't he the only guy that scored last night. Not sure anyone is going to take BW26 at 8.2M and 37 years old.

Blowing up the front office and coaching staff I am all for.

55/26 combined 120 points this year. Have to find a couple of player to replace that.

It's honestly not just aards.

Media guys have been saying the same thing. Find a way to move on unless he goes into his exit interview saying he plans on being a whole lot different next season.

Of course, you hire a new coach and he may want to keep Schief and hopefully just have a way to get more out of him.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on April 07, 2022, 04:57:11 PM
It's honestly not just aards.

Media guys have been saying the same thing. Find a way to move on unless he goes into his exit interview saying he plans on being a whole lot different next season.

Of course, you hire a new coach and he may want to keep Schief and hopefully just have a way to get more out of him.

I am okay moving both of these guys if you can replace them, with point a game players. 55 at 6M per and a point a game is still a pretty good value and second highest on the team in scoring. Replacing a point a game player at 6M is pretty tough. 55 also has a m-no move contract. 26 has a no move. However they both mite be fed up and want to leave.

Jesse

You're not replacing 55's points at 6M. They would have to feel very strongly that his lack of effort/defensive play is hurting the team more than the points are helping.

26 is staying no matter what - his contract is unmovable.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Pl80 RFA 5M
Apps RFA 9K
ES71 RFA 750K
JH12 RFA 725K

SP25  UFA  3.75M
Sanford  UFA 2M.
Brooks UFA  725K

I am sad that we are locked into this D. And 88 has a M-NTC at 6m a year.

I do like what I am seeing from Morgan Barron. Good size and speed, works hard.

theaardvark

MS55 and BW26 make sense to move as a package... MS55 is cheap, BW26 is too expensive, together they are OK.

I don't know enough about the rest of the league, but the perfect trading partner would be someone who was close this year, but is losing a veteran leader or two to retirement or UFA "want to go elsewhere".

Yes, replacing point a game players is tough.  But until a players gets MS55's level of ice time, they will not get a point a game.  I always find it amusing when players with huge ice time get lauded for their point totals...  "points per game" should be less important than "points per minute" or "points per 60 minutes gameplay"...

A new GM and coach coming in being handed the current C and A are basically handcuffed to continue the situation.  Freeing them of MS55 adn BW26 and giving some of our exciting new players, and solid leaders a chance to step up into the vacuum left will give us a much brighter future, in my opinion.