Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Good road win over a young team that has had a very good March.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Jets 11-4-1 the last 16. Big game tonight. Simmons in for the leaf's, expect to see a Stanley/Simmons fight tonight. AM34 going for goal #50 tonight also. 

Pigskin

Good start, terrible 2nd. period, and far to many penalties. EC1 looked pretty average tonight.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on April 01, 2022, 03:38:55 AM
Good start, terrible 2nd. period, and far to many penalties. EC1 looked pretty average tonight.

Special teams let 'em down. Ugly game last night.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

A shorty, 4 PP and an empty netter... 2 of 7 goals 5 on 5... yeah, special teams are crap.  Maybe time to trade for a new kicker.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Time for the Jet players to command the boards, force the turnovers and finish the Kings by mid 2nd.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

Quote from: Jockitch on April 02, 2022, 10:00:51 PM
Time for the Jet players to command the boards, force the turnovers and finish the Kings by mid 2nd.

Shots are 27-9 in favor of the kings...12:00 left in the 2nd. 

GOLDMEMBER

Stick a fork in it. This version of the Jets should be over! All new Coaches, Fefe, others need to go!

Untouchables are Connor Dubois Ehlers Morrisey Helleboi

The rest can be traded for assets
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Yup, no commanding on the boards took place and certainly we looked done after first.

Other teams are grabbing wins and now highly unlikely a wild card spot is happening
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

On to next season. Time for some major changes.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on April 04, 2022, 03:35:14 AM
Does Chevy keep his job?

I think he does but he's on thin ice.

The first major change should be coaching staff, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 04, 2022, 01:10:38 PM
I think he does but he's on thin ice.

The first major change should be coaching staff, IMO.

Makes no sense... if you are making a coaching change and considering a GM change, then you make the GM change and let him decide the new coach....
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on April 04, 2022, 03:12:55 PM
Makes no sense... if you are making a coaching change and considering a GM change, then you make the GM change and let him decide the new coach....

Sure it does. You can absolutely do one without doing the other. Where does it say an organization has to fire both at once? And where has there been any mention TNSE is considering firing the GM? All indications presently point to Cheveldayoff being safe in his role.

He has to wear his share of the blame but it's not like the roster is devoid of talent to the point this team continues to struggle the way it has, with this season's consistent underperforming in particular. It's been three seasons of roughly the same issues plaguing the Jets and those were magnified by recent struggles despite the additions made to the roster. To me, that speaks to a coaching issue, particularly with defensive play and special teams.

There is sufficient talent and depth within this organization for the team to be a playoff competitor at the very least.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 04, 2022, 04:47:22 PM
Sure it does. You can absolutely do one without doing the other. Where does it say an organization has to fire both at once? And where has there been any mention TNSE is considering firing the GM? All indications presently point to Cheveldayoff being safe in his role.

He has to wear his share of the blame but it's not like the roster is devoid of talent to the point this team continues to struggle the way it has, with this season's consistent underperforming in particular. It's been three seasons of roughly the same issues plaguing the Jets and those were magnified by recent struggles despite the additions made to the roster. To me, that speaks to a coaching issue, particularly with defensive play and special teams.

There is sufficient talent and depth within this organization for the team to be a playoff competitor at the very least.

Yeah, just look at a team like Calgary. Have been great on paper for years and were TERRIBLE last year. They made essentially no changes and are killing it this year. Sometimes nothing is fundamentally wrong and you just need to hit refresh on the season.
#Ride?