Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Look at that we beat Montreal 8-4, Montreal turns around and beats Calgary 5-4, and kicks the Oilers a__ 5-2.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

road griller

Trade Hellebuyck, start the rebuild there.

road griller

Pull that sieve and go with 6 skaters....Helle sucks.

ModAdmin

As has been mentioned before, please don't take liberties with people's names.  It is fair to criticize a players performance but misspelling their name is insulting and not allowed as stated in the Code of Conduct.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

road griller

Jets a much better team with Helle on the bench and six skaters, he couldn?t  stop a beach ball anyway.

People pay to watch this.....?  Suckers.

ModAdmin

People who watch the Jets pay because they love hockey and are fans of the Jets i.e., sticking with them through the good times and bad times.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

road griller

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 07, 2022, 01:32:04 AM
People who watch the Jets pay because they love hockey and are fans of the Jets i.e., sticking with them through the good times and bad times.

Too bad they have to pay through the nose for such an uninspired, crappy team.  Lots of good minor playoff games going on for free in the city now.  Players who have not given up and play hard, exact opposite of the Jets charging 80-300$ bucks a seat.

A fool and their money as they say....

Jockitch

Made plays but didn?t really make enough great plays.
No doubt we saw a pretty good goalie play a steady,  balanced game vs Jets

Morrissey has been skating like he?s all World for many, many games
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

A competent 200 ft. game on a consistent basis continues to elude this team.

Imagine being so out to lunch to put it all on a goalie, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Did not realize we were paying our D so much...

Trading a Vezina winning goaler when the rest of the team struggles is kinda idiotic. 

That game. out shooting them 2 to 1 yet getting outscored 4-1 is insane. 

I think that game confirmed the sell order in WPG, time to shake everything up.  Might be a time for a Ladd trade of Wheeler... you CAN trade the captain when he is aging out on a big contract... and if nothing else, chase after a top 6 RW in FA...

MS55 has improved of late, so he can stay ;)

AC9 will be a tough loss going forward, if he's interested in staying, you can possibly trade and resign him... get something for him and give him an even better chance to make a case for his next contract by playing on an actual contender...

NB28 for a conditional 9th round pick....

Guessing Heinola is being held back because he is at 8 games?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Wheeler has a no move contract. However he what a chance at a cup.

PS25 another guy that the Jets will move.

NB28 mite be out for the season. The Jets will probably just let me go to FA.

88 is still a guy would like to move.

If AC9 wants anymore then 4.5M he won't be in Winnipeg.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on March 07, 2022, 03:54:36 PM
Wheeler has a no move contract. However he what a chance at a cup.

PS25 another guy that the Jets will move.

NB28 mite be out for the season. The Jets will probably just let me go to FA.

88 is still a guy would like to move.

If AC9 wants anymore then 4.5M he won't be in Winnipeg.

Did not realize NS88 is making $6 mil... he certainly hasn't earned that on the ice... shed that and you can give AC9 $4.5... not sure he's worth that much more than Lowry, but I guess we will see what the market is.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Ladd was on the final year of his contract when he was traded to CHI in 2016 with a modified NTC in effect. Wheeler has two more years remaining on his, not to mention it's currently on a NMC (modified NTC kicks in next season). An apples to oranges comparison as it gets. Now, if the Jets are in the same situation at this time a year from now, there may be a conversation to be had regarding moving the team's captain at the TDL. I fully expect that would involve salary retention.

Copp would be a solid depth rental for a playoff bound team but the return wouldn't be much, IMO. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick...? Regardless, I see him in Detroit to start the 2022-23 season making north of $5M AAV.

Stastny can be moved at any time, irrespective of the return. Good riddance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I would give AC9 a $4.5M, 4 to 5 year deal all day long. However I think he's looking for more $$$. AL17 and AC9, play very well together, 87 when healthy could be a nice fit with them.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 07, 2022, 05:12:20 PM
Ladd was on the final year of his contract when he was traded to CHI in 2016 with a modified NTC in effect. Wheeler has two more years remaining on his, not to mention it's currently on a NMC (modified NTC kicks in next season). An apples to oranges comparison as it gets. Now, if the Jets are in the same situation at this time a year from now, there may be a conversation to be had regarding moving the team's captain at the TDL. I fully expect that would involve salary retention.

Copp would be a solid depth rental for a playoff bound team but the return wouldn't be much, IMO. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick...? Regardless, I see him in Detroit to start the 2022-23 season making north of $5M AAV.

Stastny can be moved at any time, irrespective of the return. Good riddance.

My comparison is trading a player with the "C" on his chest.  Yes, you are correct, contract and clauses are totally different, but from a team dynamic, some would say trading the "C" is tough to do.  I think it actually kills two birds with one stone.  Gives us cap space and the "C" to sign PD80 long term...

Getting a wave of a no trade / no move clauses for an aging player on Canadian team with no playoff hope should be the easiest part of making this deal.  BW26 could be a key add for a team on a cup run.  Hardest part is getting the salary to fit, we could eat a small part of it, the other team would have to have a big ticket expiring contract player to deal back... THAT is the tough part...