Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

road griller

The Jets stink and are not an entertaining team to watch, they will be at half capacity next season restrictions or not.

Pigskin

Brooks looked slow and was way behind the play most of the time.

87, is a much better fit with 80/81 while 91 is out.

With 27 out, and now 9 and 91, isn't been a struggle.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 03:02:15 AM
The Jets stink and are not an entertaining team to watch, they will be at half capacity next season restrictions or not.

This is hyperbole.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 03:02:15 AM

If Lowry is not the guy going forward, I can imagine Chipman making Chevy hire a coach that will assist in filling seats...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

road griller

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2022, 01:28:03 PM
This is hyperbole.

Well, I get offered free tickets every few weeks.  People can?t even sell them for peanuts and don?t want to waste them.  Even for free they are tough to get rid of.  I went once to see Ovi and say no now, and I am not the only one.  Boring, crappy uninspired play.

road griller

Quote from: theaardvark on February 23, 2022, 03:45:35 PM
If Lowry is not the guy going forward, I can imagine Chipman making Chevy hire a coach that will assist in filling seats...

Assuming Chevy gets to pick another coach......He fired one, one fired himself and Lowry can?t win with this roster either. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 03:53:58 PM
Well, I get offered free tickets every few weeks.  People can?t even sell them for peanuts and don?t want to waste them.  Even for free they are tough to get rid of.  I went once to see Ovi and say no now, and I am not the only one.  Boring, crappy uninspired play.

You or others being offered free tickets isn't evidence of anything, much less your claim the arena will be half full next season. Anecdotes and conjecture are not proof.

I agree on the Jets being boring and uninspired more often than not this season. A lot of unfortunate factors at play that have all but derailed their playoff hopes and it's looking like next season territory at this point.

If the Islanders continue to stink, I expect Trotz to be fired. Hopefully, he'd be someone the Jets could try and lure here, as I'm not sure who else is available with that level of tenure.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 03:55:34 PM
Assuming Chevy gets to pick another coach......He fired one, one fired himself and Lowry can?t win with this roster either. 

If Chevy goes, all bets are off... the opportunity the new GM, with his new coach, will have with a very talented lineup to start from could be the box office jumpstart the team needs.  Plus, it removes any perceived link to the Blackhawks debacle, move them n from that era.  

I can see a fire sale of vets and prospects that aren't thriving here at Chipman's instructions, stockpiling draft picks, and then clean house from GM to skate sharpener... there should be a fair amount of shuffling happening this year, and there might be a GM/coach out there that just needs some new scenery...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2022, 04:52:28 PM
You or others being offered free tickets isn't evidence of anything, much less your claim the arena will be half full next season. Anecdotes and conjecture are not proof.

I agree on the Jets being boring and uninspired more often than not this season. A lot of unfortunate factors at play that have all but derailed their playoff hopes and it's looking like next season territory at this point.

If the Islanders continue to stink, I expect Trotz to be fired. Hopefully, he'd be someone the Jets could try and lure here, as I'm not sure who else is available with that level of tenure.

There is no doubt that the bloom is off the bush now for Jets 2.0, and whether we survive in the NHL sheerly through Chipmans generosity in funding a money losing team, I guess we will just find out.  But unless we get back to the top of the standings, I can't see sellouts happening anymore, except when a visiting team inspires it.

Lowry has been saddled with a COVID ridden injured squad with "no identity".  Tough shoes to step into, for sure, if he can turn this team around, have them "Find an identity" and rack up some wins and challenge for a WC spot, he might get another year here, or at least get his name out there as a HC candidate... 

road griller

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2022, 04:52:28 PM

Well, not long ago people were selling their extra season tickets at a profit to pay for the games they wanted.  The fact the tickets are almost worthless now is very telling of demand of seeing a game live.

Not sure what they can do but lowering concessions 25-50% ASAP would be a good immediate action to try and get people to games and maybe convince some to not dump their season as soon as the can.

Pretty sure the ?wait list? for seasons is a thing of the past now as well.  They are in trouble.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 05:40:06 PM
Well, not long ago people were selling their extra season tickets at a profit to pay for the games they wanted.  The fact the tickets are almost worthless now is very telling of demand of seeing a game live.

Not sure what they can do but lowering concessions 25-50% ASAP would be a good immediate action to try and get people to games and maybe convince some to not dump their season as soon as the can.

Pretty sure the ?wait list? for seasons is a thing of the past now as well.  They are in trouble.

More conjecture. Comical.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Copp #15 on the TSN trade list. Big Ben is a hot ticket right now.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on February 23, 2022, 05:31:18 PM
There is no doubt that the bloom is off the bush now for Jets 2.0, and whether we survive in the NHL sheerly through Chipmans generosity in funding a money losing team, I guess we will just find out.  But unless we get back to the top of the standings, I can't see sellouts happening anymore, except when a visiting team inspires it.

Lowry has been saddled with a COVID ridden injured squad with "no identity".  Tough shoes to step into, for sure, if he can turn this team around, have them "Find an identity" and rack up some wins and challenge for a WC spot, he might get another year here, or at least get his name out there as a HC candidate... 

Still won't let go of the "identity" comments from like a month ago? No one is talking about trading Scheifele anymore.
#Ride?

road griller

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2022, 06:15:41 PM
More conjecture. Comical.

Listen to me now, believe me later?..people have lost interest.   Nobody is even talking about them at gatherings or casual conversation anymore, other than the few hardcore s that talk about how much they suck.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 23, 2022, 07:32:50 PM
Still won't let go of the "identity" comments from like a month ago? No one is talking about trading Scheifele anymore.

The team has an identity but it's not flattering compared to previous years. The 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets are a middling team due to issues related to team defense, coaching, injuries/COVID Protocol, a lack of or limited chemistry, special teams struggles, etc.

This season is basically a write-off at this point, IMO.

Quote from: road griller on February 23, 2022, 08:22:44 PM
Listen to me now, believe me later?..people have lost interest.   Nobody is even speaking about them, other than the few hardcore s that talk about how much they suck.

Opinions or claims based on personal experience (conjecture/anecdotal evidence) is not necessarily factual or knowledgeable. Have fairweather/bandwagon fans lost interest? Yeah, those types of fans don't cheer for losing teams. That doesn't mean "nobody is speaking about them" or that only a "few hardcores" are talking about them.

A quick Google search shows the Jets are being discussed, albeit in less than positive terms at present. Be it their ongoing struggles, what's missing for them to succeed, trade deadline moves, etc., people here and elsewhere are talking about them. Just because it's not regarding a deep playoff run or something more glowing doesn't change that.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.