AC9          42     12  16  28  +2
MS55        38     10  19  29  -12

Just sayin'

What a self-own. LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 09:36:22 PM
He's wrong anyway because MS55 has only played 36 games.

I stand corrected.. 36 games... I couldn't read my messy writing...  the rest is correct, right?  Especially the +2 and -12 stats?

Moving MS55 means re-signing AC9 gets a LOT easier... I think a NE27, AC9, BW26 is a pretty solid 2nd line... or if you get a RHS RW back in a MS55/BW26 trade...

6 mil/yr for pre 21-22 MS55 is a great deal... but not a huge deal for current MS55... especially with the team identity comment sitting over his head...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on February 03, 2022, 09:44:51 PM
I stand corrected.. 36 games... I couldn't read my messy writing...  the rest is correct, right?  Especially the +2 and -12 stats?

Moving MS55 means re-signing AC9 gets a LOT easier... I think a NE27, AC9, BW26 is a pretty solid 2nd line... or if you get a RHS RW back in a MS55/BW26 trade...

6 mil/yr for pre 21-22 MS55 is a great deal... but not a huge deal for current MS55... especially with the team identity comment sitting over his head...

Little over the top with trading MS55. 6- 20 plus goal seasons, 6- 60 plus point season, and we want to replace him with a guy that has never scored more then 15 goals, and has never had more then a 39 point season.

Trade BW26, and PS25, and getting a few picks I am okay with. MS55 would have to be for a pretty good player.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2022, 09:48:16 PM

Little over the top with trading MS55. 6- 20 plus goal seasons, 6- 60 plus point season, and we want to replace him with a guy that has never scored more then 15 goals, and has never had more then a 39 point season.

Trade BW26, and PS25, and getting a few picks I am okay with. MS55 would have to be for a pretty good player.

I can't see affording or signing AC9 with PD80 and MS55 both on the team ahead of him... and MS55's production has dropped, and he's been soft a while... much prefer a more affordable and reliable ACC9 right now...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

MS55 isn't having a good year, but that can be said about a lot of Jets. Let's remember last year he scored more then a point a game. Once NE27 gets back with 55 and 26 the points will pickup.

blue_gold_84

Anyone who would compare Scheifele and Copp on equal terms and then attempt to justify how the latter is better based on less than half a season has zero hockey knowledge.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

If you want to make cap space to sign Copp and PL80 there are other way of doing it.

PS25 is at 3.75M, NB28 another 1.25M, trade one of our 5M plus D-men which for me would be NS88 with a cap hit of $5.9M. Good offensively, poor play in the D zone. A few of our young D men are ready to make the jump.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 04, 2022, 02:12:04 PM
Anyone who would compare Scheifele and Copp on equal terms and then attempt to justify how the latter is better based on less than half a season has zero hockey knowledge.

Quote from: Pigskin on February 04, 2022, 03:56:51 PM
If you want to make cap space to sign Copp and PL80 there are other way of doing it.

PS25 is at 3.75M, NB28 another 1.25M, trade one of our 5M plus D-men which for me would be NS88 with a cap hit of $5.9M. Good offensively, poor play in the D zone. A few of our young D men are ready to make the jump.

I guess my "no hockey knowledge" is being missed by you guys...

AC9 is and will be a good #2 C in the NHL, either on our team, or on another, as he is a UFA.

MS55 has been soft for a while, and absolutely stinks right now.  And, from reports, I think that his attitude might be a problem as well.  Maurice was the only NHL HC he ever played for, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but whatever the reason, his "cap friendly" $6 mil contract isn't so friendly at -12 and with PD80 taking the #1 C title through effort and results. 

The dynamic of this team is altered dramatically from a year ago.  91, 81, 80 is our top line.  55, 26, x is a second line.  9 is on it for now, but will leave us in FA if the #2 C spot remains filled. 

Multiple birds, one stone.  Make AC9 our permanent #2 C and pay him with MS55's money for next year.  Get a top notch RW on a large expiring contract and a DP or two back for BW26 and MS55.  Line 2 becomes NewRW, AC9, NE27 .

New leaders, new dynamic, and the team gets an Identity, which, apparently, MS55 thinks they do not have right now, with him being a leader...

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on February 04, 2022, 04:08:35 PM

AC9 is and will be a good #2 C in the NHL, either on our team, or on another, as he is a UFA.

MS55 has been soft for a while, and absolutely stinks right now.  And, from reports, I think that his attitude might be a problem as well.  Maurice was the only NHL HC he ever played for, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but whatever the reason, his "cap friendly" $6 mil contract isn't so friendly at -12 and with PD80 taking the #1 C title through effort and results. 

The dynamic of this team is altered dramatically from a year ago.  91, 81, 80 is our top line.  55, 26, x is a second line.  9 is on it for now, but will leave us in FA if the #2 C spot remains filled. 

Multiple birds, one stone.  Make AC9 our permanent #2 C and pay him with MS55's money for next year.  Get a top notch RW on a large expiring contract and a DP or two back for BW26 and MS55.  Line 2 becomes NewRW, AC9, NE27 .

New leaders, new dynamic, and the team gets an Identity, which, apparently, MS55 thinks they do not have right now, with him being a leader...

Okay, LMAO. Glad your not our GM.

Jesse

AC needs to drop down to the third line, AL to the 4th, and we need to actually use all 4 lines.

Same GD issues we saw under Maurice.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 04, 2022, 04:08:35 PM

I mean, I said zero hockey knowledge, so at least quote it properly.

And your word salad reinforces exactly that. Saying Scheifele has been "soft for a while" and he "absolutely stinks right now" is hysterical conjecture at best*. Third in team scoring, second in assists, roughly 50% in the dot... Yeah, what a putrid excuse of a hockey player. LOL :D

He also played under Claude Noel, BTW**. So, you trying to blame Maurice in your absurd narrative holds no merit whatsoever.

Imagine using +/- to prop up an already feeble argument that his contract is bad. Like I said: zero hockey knowledge.

Copp's a solid, versatile forward who's having a very strong season in contract year as a pending UFA. But that shouldn't be overstated to rationalize him deserving a permanent 2C role (here or anywhere else) and giving him more than he's worth. There's a reason he's gone to salary arbitration multiple times as a RFA, which should be indication enough he plans to test the market as a UFA in the coming off-season.

Jee-zus, I need an Advil.

* 0.81 PPG flies in the face of your hyperbole
** he suited up for 58 NHL games with Noel behind the bench
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 04, 2022, 06:02:16 PM
I mean, I said zero hockey knowledge, so at least quote it properly.

And your word salad reinforces exactly that. Saying Scheifele has been "soft for a while" and he "absolutely stinks right now" is hysterical conjecture at best*. Third in team scoring, second in assists, roughly 50% in the dot... Yeah, what a putrid excuse of a hockey player. LOL :D

He also played under Claude Noel, BTW**. So, you trying to blame Maurice in your absurd narrative holds no merit whatsoever.

Imagine using +/- to prop up an already feeble argument that his contract is bad. Like I said: zero hockey knowledge.

Copp's a solid, versatile forward who's having a very strong season in contract year as a pending UFA. But that shouldn't be overstated to rationalize him deserving a permanent 2C role (here or anywhere else) and giving him more than he's worth. There's a reason he's gone to salary arbitration multiple times as a RFA, which should be indication enough he plans to test the market as a UFA in the coming off-season.

Jee-zus, I need an Advil.

* 0.81 PPG flies in the face of your hyperbole
** he suited up for 58 NHL games with Noel behind the bench

+/- is a stat that some people put too much emphasis on, but also one that people put too little.   By "soft", he is giving up defensive opportunities.  If you score that much AND are -12, that says a lot.  Also, MS55 has twice the PP points... and half the hits. 

I'm saying, that as a #2 C, Copp would fit well.  And come in at less than the cap friendly $6mil MS55 gets.  Leaving some to sign PD80, especially if you can package him with BW26...

AL17 is a good fit at #3C, and we have lots od C on the roster for #4...

Just saying, MS55 has become redundant, and I'd rather keep PD80 and AC9 than MS55...

I've been a Scheifele fan for years, but he has lost me this year.  I've yelled at the screen too many times, and when the statement about team identity surfaced, that was the straw...

You cannot have a leader that does not think your team has an identity. 

Moving on from Maurice hasn't worked, things need to shake up.  Give the team a chance to gel under the new leadership.  Conner, Dubois, Perfetti, Ehlers, Copp, Lowry... these guys are ready to take over.  MS55 and BW26 aren't leading worth a **** right now.  Maybe even a trade rumour might wake them up...  but I think, long term, the team is ready to move on...

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on February 04, 2022, 05:19:40 PM
AC needs to drop down to the third line, AL to the 4th, and we need to actually use all 4 lines.

Same GD issues we saw under Maurice.

Agree, or AC9 back with AL17 on the third line where they so well together.

blue_or_die

What did I just walk into? Are we talking about trading Scheifele and that Copp is better because of +/-?

My head hurts.
#Ride?