Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Kings were oh so tough to beat ....... OT win was a nice reward for the effort by HellB
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Bit of a snoozer on Saturday, especially the middle frame and most of the third but it was good to be back at the phone booth and see those HC jerseys in person again.

DeMelo getting his first as a Jet (and first in 132 games, IIRC) in such entertaining fashion was great, as well as seeing Scheifele pot his first of the season and the OT winner. That was a beauty feed from Ehlers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 15, 2021, 01:24:23 PM
Bit of a snoozer on Saturday, especially the middle frame and most of the third but it was good to be back at the phone booth and see those HC jerseys in person again.

DeMelo getting his first as a Jet (and first in 132 games, IIRC) in such entertaining fashion was great, as well as seeing Scheifele pot his first of the season and the OT winner. That was a beauty feed from Ehlers.

Have to come up with a new nickname other than the phone booth... apparently the naming rights were bought by an insurance company... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on November 16, 2021, 12:49:09 AM
Have to come up with a new nickname other than the phone booth... apparently the naming rights were bought by an insurance company... 

Nah, phone booth suits it just fine. Its original name when it opened was the MTS Centre and that nickname is good reminder of the history of the venue. Also, I think the nickname also has something to do with the tighter confines of the facility (concourses, etc.) compared to other NHL venues but I can't accurately recall.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on November 16, 2021, 12:49:09 AM

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2021, 01:16:37 PM
Nah, phone booth suits it just fine. Its original name when it opened was the MTS Centre and that nickname is good reminder of the history of the venue. Also, I think the nickname also has something to do with the tighter confines of the facility (concourses, etc.) compared to other NHL venues but I can't accurately recall.

I prefer The Hangar. References the team's name (which is cool) instead of the transient corporate sponsorships (which are not cool). I kinda liked "phonebooth" when it was MTS Centre and understand the nostalgic factor, though.

For IGF I think a cool nickname would be The Bomb Shelter.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Phone Booth is an appropriate descriptor for the facility, granted, and the main reason I will never darken their halls again. 

Hangar makes more sense... not sure if there is a reference applicable to a life insurance company.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Big game for the Jets tonight. Oilers probably still thinking about the sweep.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

PloenFan

Pigskin

Completely shutdown the Oilers, until the 5 on 3.

Another complete game the whole team.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on November 17, 2021, 03:40:32 AM
Completely shutdown the Oilers, until the 5 on 3.

Another complete game the whole team.

A 5-on-3 that only happened because of Divesaitl. That was a garbage penalty and should've been offset by embellishment.

Better team won last night in pretty convincing fashion. Rematch tomorrow should be a gooder.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

We are really humming now. Most enjoyable game of the season by far IMO.

Rematch tomorrow should be EPIC. Winning again, two days later, on the road, would be an absolute statement. And hey, go ahead and pick up two against the Canucks the next night on Friday in a b2b, too, while you're at it. That would really fill my cup.
#Ride?

Pigskin

McDavid also should have got at least 4 minutes for the hit on NP4.

Pigskin

McDavid not happy that he is not drawing enough penalties?

Pigskin

Well our PP let us down tonight. Lot's of chances but we have to start putting some of those in the net.

blue_or_die

If this Skinner fella didn't come out of nowhere and play out of his mind, it would have been 2 points easily.

Great game from all phases of the Jets, especially Helle. I just love how hard we play the Oilers. I wasn't old enough to appreciate it at the time but I imagine this reminds older fans of the 80s rivalry the old Jets had with Edmonton. It would be spectacular if we both made it out of our divisions and played each other in a conference final.
#Ride?