Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 18, 2021, 07:18:32 PM
OK, just checking... who is in charge of specials this year?  Can we fire him already?

Oh, and Blake Wheeler into COVID protocol...

No firing of anybody. Till after game 3. LOL.

Could be why he looked like he was a step behind in the last two games. Let's fire him. LOL
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

I sure hope they can put forth a more complete effort tomorrow. Division matchup and all...
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

BW26 17 games away from 1000. 808 points. It would be great if game 1000 was in Winnipeg, but now it doesn't look like that will happen.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2021, 09:01:45 PM
BW26 17 games away from 1000. 808 points. It would be great if game 1000 was in Winnipeg, but now it doesn't look like that will happen.

He has three years left on his contract, which is the equivalent of 246 games (less the two he's played so far this season for 244). How many games he'll miss remains to be seen but he needs 192 points to hit the 1000 milestone. As a Jet, he's got a .92 PPG average, which would pan out to a 224 points at that pace, putting him well over 1000 career points. I doubt he maintains that PPG pace but 192 points over three full seasons is only 64 points per season or .78 PPG.

There are other factors to consider such as injuries, decline in performance, deployment down the lineup/less TOI, etc. but it's not at all unrealistic to see him getting 1000 points before his contract is up.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

BW26, and CP91 are out for tonight's game. NB28, in as the 7th D-man. The Jet's will go with 11 forwards and 7 D.

Jockitch

Not hard to replace the approx. 8 minutes that Cole P was getting a game ......... sure hope Svechnikov (assuming he's in) shows well
Is it HellB in the nets ....... he needs to be lights out wonderful 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Svechnikov is in tonight.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on October 19, 2021, 10:15:05 PM
Wheeler is apparently symptomatic...

Yeah. He's stuck at home for a minimum of 10 days. Hopefully he recovers fast.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Disappointing. The PK needs a lot of work. KC81 had a great game until he got a little lazy at the blueline.

Sir Blue and Gold

The all time losingest coach adds another one to his illustrious pile of L's. He couldn't even skate Wheeler into the ground for this one though. Bonus points for dressing 7 defenceman!

blue_or_die

Horrible, horrible.

Terrible luck (as in, great luck going the Wild's way).
#Ride?