Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2021, 06:47:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 18572 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »

At this point I just don't care. Get it done and let us move on with our lives.
You do realize that the new normal will be different than the old normal was... right? Getting on with our lives will include vaccine proof and yearly vaccinations and giving people distance in public and other things that I haven't thought of yet.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2021, 03:13:02 PM »

You do realize that the new normal will be different than the old normal was... right? Getting on with our lives will include vaccine proof and yearly vaccinations and giving people distance in public and other things that I haven't thought of yet.

I hope so but I have little hope based on how this pandemic has played out 15 months in.

The old normal kinda sucked, anyway.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
GCn19

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2021, 05:06:36 PM »

I have no doubt that the new normal will be different but it will be a heckuva lot closer to the old normal than where we are at right now. Personally, I don't like crowded situations so I am alright with space.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2021, 05:07:30 PM »

I hope so but I have little hope based on how this pandemic has played out 15 months in.

The old normal kinda sucked, anyway.

Yep...it was time for a new normal with or without the pandemic. Personal space has been an issue for years.

GCn19

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »

I've got my vaccination card but it also has multiple open lines on it as with what has become the standard flu, there will be annual COVID19 flu shots required to keep from getting it... at least for the foreseeable future...

Well...that's the overpopulated causing pandemic outbreaks world we live in I guess. Was just a matter of time.

Pigskin

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2021, 06:16:25 PM »

335 new Covid cases in Manitoba today, with 241 of those cases in Winnipeg. 1 death and Manitoba's TPR is 13%
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 06:21:26 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jockitch

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2021, 07:18:24 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but are the sending vaccination cards out 66 Chevelle .........  how did you get one ??

Aunt got both doses by end of March but has nothing for an ID of such an occurrence

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2021, 07:46:29 PM »

Yep...it was time for a new normal with or without the pandemic. Personal space has been an issue for years.

I was referring more so to how selfish, inconsiderate, and generally awful people can be for no particular reason other than their own lousy self-important delusions. The pandemic has really shone a light on the dregs of society, IMO. Which is to say nothing of how willfully ignorant those types choose to be.

Excuse my ignorance but are the sending vaccination cards out 66 Chevelle .........  how did you get one ??

Aunt got both doses by end of March but has nothing for an ID of such an occurrence

Seems like a common thing in the US but I haven't heard of anyone here or elsewhere in Canada getting a vaccination card.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pigskin

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 08:44:19 PM »

I am getting my second shot next week, I hope they send me one of those vaccine cards. lol.

barrywpg

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »

https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/test-results/

Important Information Regarding Your COVID-19 Immunization
COVID-19 immunization information can take up to 10 days to become available online. If you do not have a Manitoba Health Family Registration card to create an account, contact your local public health office to request a copy of your immunization record.
theaardvark

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2021, 03:52:15 PM »

Got my AZ shot a month ago, was a "Priority Two" lister for the first dose (living with/caring for a "Priority One" lister who is on immumosuppresants)

They have made a Priority list for second doses that only includes health conditions (like immunosuppressed people) but does not include those caring for / living with those on the Priority list.  I hope they quickly add that second list, because even having two doses, many immune compromised people's systems can still not mount a defense against COVID, and those they live with can pose a danger.  I get the first dose is 80% effective or so against spread, but that 20% is still too much risk, caregivers/companions need to be protected to protect the vulnerable.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2021, 05:47:29 PM »

66 Chevelle lives in Missoura.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_or_die

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2021, 05:51:09 PM »

Got my AZ shot a month ago, was a "Priority Two" lister for the first dose (living with/caring for a "Priority One" lister who is on immumosuppresants)

They have made a Priority list for second doses that only includes health conditions (like immunosuppressed people) but does not include those caring for / living with those on the Priority list.  I hope they quickly add that second list, because even having two doses, many immune compromised people's systems can still not mount a defense against COVID, and those they live with can pose a danger.  I get the first dose is 80% effective or so against spread, but that 20% is still too much risk, caregivers/companions need to be protected to protect the vulnerable.

Read an article today that there's a plan for a rollout of the second shot, with the expected date for shots to be COMPLETE by July 31. I get these sound optimistic and demand on supply but...that really excites me. You are certainly correct that second doses play a critical role to actually getting back to normal, even though it's also very good that we are getting first doses into people at a hugely accelerated rate...finally.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2021, 07:08:57 PM »

402 new cases in Manitoba today, with 252 of those cases in Winnipeg. Winnipeg's TPR is a crazy 15.1%, and we had 4 deaths.

theaardvark

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2021, 09:36:04 PM »

402 new cases in Manitoba today, with 252 of those cases in Winnipeg. Winnipeg's TPR is a crazy 15.1%, and we had 4 deaths.

I hate TPR stats.. has nothing to do with anything.  402 cases is distressing, as is the 132 ICU beds in use (80 COVID related) and the 2 soon to be 3 patients transferred to Ontario. 

TPR goes high when tests go down.  The number of tests recently is lower than it has been, I'm guessing people who are not vaccinated also don't care about getting tested until  they land in the hospital, having infected everyone they have been in contact with. 

I am confident that the vast majority of Manitobans are being responsible, getting vaccinated and following current guidelines.  The hundreds of new cases are no doubt largely people who are not being responsible...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: