Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 09:52:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Chris Schultz  (Read 945 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: March 05, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »

Died of a heart attack yesterday.  Great football analyst and beast on the field. 
Bombers9256

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 01:42:01 PM »

****. Loved that guy. Heart goes out to his colleagues and family.

#fortheW
bwiser

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:54 PM »

Much too young. He will be missed
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 02:12:35 PM »

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends. Always enjoyed listening to him on CFL broadcasts.

Too young.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 02:28:20 PM »

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

RIP Chris. Thank you so much for what you did for our league.

I will miss you on the panel the most, as you were a familiar face as I was becoming a fan of the CFL.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
drahgon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 03:02:56 PM »

Awful news, he was my favorite member on the CFL panel. RIP
Pigskin

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »

Chris will be missed.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 03:26:40 PM »

Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea issues statement on the passing of Chris Schultz

WINNIPEG, MB., March 5, 2021 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea has issued the following statement regarding this morning?s tragic news of the passing of Chris Schultz:

On behalf of our organization, I would like to express the sadness we share with the Toronto Argonauts organization, everyone at TSN and all members of the media, and everyone else around the CFL who knew Chris. On a personal level, I really liked Schultzy and thought he always did a tremendous job, was well prepared and most importantly, cared deeply about the CFL. Whether he was an opponent, seeing him around stadiums across Canada, or having the opportunity to spend time with him away from the game, these are all memories I will forever cherish. The CFL is filled with countless men and women who make it spectacular, and we lost one of them yesterday.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Horseman

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »

Truly saddened on the news of Chris Schultz passing, he was a tremendous addition to the TSN broadcasts. Chris you will be missed!!
theaardvark

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »

A big part of the CFL broadcasts, you knew he was a very smart man even when he came across as a big but little bit goofy olineman...  his absence was always noted when he was working his day job and on hiatus from TSN.  His insights on the oline were a favourite part, and just talking from the players veiwpoint, he brought viewers into the game just that little bit more.  More than anything, it was his honesty that was refreshing, he wasn't playing for the camera, it felt like he was truly talking directly to you.

His passing is just another reminder what a toll this game takes on its players.  He had done the work and lost a lot of weight post playing days, but even then, we know the heart had a lot more miles on it than had he not played.  

I'm betting the TSN tribute will be epic, no shortage of clips to choose from, both n and ff the field.

He will be missed...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
sting

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 05:10:29 PM »

Was Schultz still with TSN? I don't recall seeing him on CFL broadcasts in a few years. I liked his insight.
John T.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 06:58:43 PM »

The TSN CFL panel that included Schultz was about the best group of football commentators I've ever heard, and they consistently put to shame any of the idiots doing the same job in he NFL.

He'll be missed. I'm sorry for his family and friends.
Jockitch

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 07:01:32 PM »

R I P  ......... just awful when a young man passes on    He was such a good watch & knew what he talked about with a smile

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
BlueInCgy

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »

This sucks.  RIP Chris.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 05:12:07 AM »

The TSN CFL panel that included Schultz was about the best group of football commentators I've ever heard, and they consistently put to shame any of the idiots doing the same job in he NFL.

This.  I love hearing from the boys/girls on the panel/booth for many hours every weekend.  Watching the NFL more than ever in 2020 made me appreciate what we had up here more.  Yes, even Rod Black.  He may be feckless, but I think he has his heart in the right place.

I really missed Schultz when he abruptly disappeared a few years back.  There was no usual send off or any last appearance.  He was just gone.  I've seen this type of thing before with friends, and seeing as how he died of a heart attack, I bet the abrupt health issue that made him leave was another heart attack.  Just speculating, but it explains a lot.

I'll second what MOS said.  I'll add that he wasn't the quickest wit on the panel, but he was always, by far, the most prepared and took his role extremely seriously.  He added insights that no one else did, and dug deeper.  His delivery was clear and concise and he rarely (ever?) fumbled over words.  And he really did make you feel like he was your friend.

I remember seeing some old (80's?) GC replay on ESPN-classic and was surprised to see a super young Schultz doing on-screen commentary.  He looked like 20.  Hehe.  He was exactly the same with his presentation and style!

We'll miss you Schultzy.  My condolences to his family.  I hope TSN does a piece on him once we're back up and running.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: