Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 09:42:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Ci & JoJo & Walby burger  (Read 409 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: February 26, 2021, 06:35:58 AM »

Absolutely no one will care, but I finally found the episode where Kate Beirness tells the panel they'll all sing K-Ci & JoJo songs at the half... I tried to revive the old thread, but it was long gone.

It's the Aug 16 2019 BC@WPG game, the final Thursday night game, and Kate is joking that because they have no halftime band booked that week she'll lead the panel in singing a hit by K-Ci & JoJo (youtube it).  Milt, Henry and Chesie really crack up on that one, like legit crack up.  It's a cute moment for us who welcome this great panel into our homes every week.

The moment is just before a halftime ad break right after they break down WPG having big plays and BC having balance.

This was also Walby burger night... did anyone here buy one of those that night?  If I had 3 friends with me I might be tempted to buy one to distribute evenly... pretty funny those shots of those guys later in the game after getting about halfway done.  Was the Walby a one-off for that night or did they serve it for the rest of the season?

Never go full Rider!
bluengold204

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »

I was wasted and split one with my friend.  Might have been the beers tricking me but I remember the burger tasted good at first but towards the end it was pretty terrible, especially the hotdogs in it lol.  I don?t think it was just a one night thing I remember other games seeing them ordered but not as frequent as the first night.
Pigskin

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:13:30 PM »

Absolutely no one will care, but I finally found the episode where Kate Beirness tells the panel they'll all sing K-Ci & JoJo songs at the half... I tried to revive the old thread, but it was long gone.

It's the Aug 16 2019 BC@WPG game, the final Thursday night game, and Kate is joking that because they have no halftime band booked that week she'll lead the panel in singing a hit by K-Ci & JoJo (youtube it).  Milt, Henry and Chesie really crack up on that one, like legit crack up.  It's a cute moment for us who welcome this great panel into our homes every week.

The moment is just before a halftime ad break right after they break down WPG having big plays and BC having balance.

This was also Walby burger night... did anyone here buy one of those that night?  If I had 3 friends with me I might be tempted to buy one to distribute evenly... pretty funny those shots of those guys later in the game after getting about halfway done.  Was the Walby a one-off for that night or did they serve it for the rest of the season?

Yep, your right don't care.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 06:58:51 AM »

I was wasted and split one with my friend.  Might have been the beers tricking me but I remember the burger tasted good at first but towards the end it was pretty terrible, especially the hotdogs in it lol.  I don?t think it was just a one night thing I remember other games seeing them ordered but not as frequent as the first night.

Hehe... how far did you guys get?  Was the bun good?  Sure looked good.  More importantly, how long did you have to wait at the kiosk while they made it?  I'm guessing you either had to miss kickoff or get to IGF extra early.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 06:59:41 AM »

Yep, your right don't care.

Thanks for that, Pigskin!  I always care you don't care.  But I care, and Kate cared.  So that's some care.

Take care!

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 02:38:10 PM »

Would be interested in a "Skip" Walby burger to enjoy at home...  there are stadiums where food is an attraction and would probably be a solid take out / delivery option, not sure IGF would be... maybe a Friday Night "Walby Burger" night in the Pinnacle Lounge...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 04:49:14 AM »

Would be interested in a "Skip" Walby burger to enjoy at home...  there are stadiums where food is an attraction and would probably be a solid take out / delivery option, not sure IGF would be... maybe a Friday Night "Walby Burger" night in the Pinnacle Lounge...

I would totally order a take-out Walby right now if it was an option.  Just to try it once.  It would feed my family for 3 days probably (no big eaters around here).

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: