Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 10:10:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will the season happen
Full season - 7 (21.2%)
Late start/Shortened season - 20 (60.6%)
No season - 6 (18.2%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the season happen ?  (Read 1452 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 10:51:29 PM »

Canada is way behind the US in vaccinations. In Canada, 2.89% of people have had at least 1 vaccination as of today. More than half that % is first dose only. Herd immunity requires a minimum of 70% of people being vaccinated twice or having had Covid (Assuming you can't get it more than once and that's not a great assumption because of the variants).

Even using the Feds suspect plan, most folks won't even be eligible until September and that assumes the Feds and the Provinces have realistic goals.

If you're expecting vaccines to get the CFL to a fans in the stands opening on time, your expectations aren't logical.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Sec223

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 12:17:45 PM »

Lately I've been thinking Trudeau will come up with some cash. He's been buying votes everywhere else.
GCn19

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

Lately I've been thinking Trudeau will come up with some cash. He's been buying votes everywhere else.

This might be the CFL's only chance this year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Tee42

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 01:34:08 PM »

I saw a post on Titter where Ambrosie said they are aiming for a June start. Not sure why he would put himself out there like that. At the earliest training camp will start July or August. I really believe there will be a season this year.
blue_or_die

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »

I saw a post on Titter where Ambrosie said they are aiming for a June start. Not sure why he would put himself out there like that. At the earliest training camp will start July or August. I really believe there will be a season this year.

Of course he said that. The goal today needs to be a "regular" season (whether that's financially feasible or not remains to be seen).

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 06:28:20 PM »

The Covid numbers are very low right now in Manitoba. It's to bad that the vaccine is lagging so far behind. I can definitely see the season starting on time. Same rules as the Jet's in regards to Covid testing and 14 quarantine. No fans at TC, and no fans for the pre-season games. Limited fans for the first couple of mouths with mandatory masks. Increasing the crowd size monthly if the Covid numbers stay low.
TBURGESS

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »

The CFL is national, so you have to look at the numbers in BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. Failure to open up correctly creates the potential for 4 super spreader events each week. It would also kill the CFL. I'd be shocked if they start on time. Best we can hope for is a shortened season IMO.

GCn19

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »

The CFL is national, so you have to look at the numbers in BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. Failure to open up correctly creates the potential for 4 super spreader events each week. It would also kill the CFL. I'd be shocked if they start on time. Best we can hope for is a shortened season IMO.

If rumors are true that there will no season without fans in the stands then best case scenario is Labor Day I would think. If the feds pony up some cash or the gambling thing can rev up revenues then maybe we see games before that. I would think that's improbably though.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 08:22:24 PM »

Sounds like the next stage of opening might include sporting events with fans (mask and social distancing enforced)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »

?It?s nonsense?: Arash Madani had a good laugh over Randy Ambrosie?s recent CFL optimism - https://3downnation.com/2021/02/26/its-nonsense-arash-madani-had-a-good-laugh-over-randy-ambrosies-recent-cfl-optimism/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=its-nonsense-arash-madani-had-a-good-laugh-over-randy-ambrosies-recent-cfl-optimism

Jesse

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 06:52:47 PM »

Pretty legit criticism.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: